Sep 24, 2017
This is always a good warning, "when a game is on and has no real release date, don't get your hope up" Also doesn't help with the Patreon, because we all know where that goes.

dash327

Jun 21, 2017
So I played through a bit of the game. Past the first enemy. Hoo boy, do I hate this. I hate the fact that there is no way to reduce 'stress' outside of spending credits on beer and/or picking a specific trait at the start. There is no obvious way to reduce stress in any meaningful capacity. You'd think spending a day without using any action points would reduce stress, right? Wrong! It does absolutely nothing. And Elona has like a 999% chance of breaking something or getting sore if you send her on a job, and a 100% chance to fail at literally everything, despite what the game tells you, and the injuries takes a fucking millennium to heal. The defeat scenes, something they touted as important, are locked behind what I assume to be the harder difficulty, which makes no sense. I'm sorry that I'm ranting, but I had legitimate hopes for this game, despite my hatred for them.

Sep 24, 2017
Just to clarify, these devs have been going for quite a while and have a number of games already out.
Well considering how the only good game that came out from them was Roundscape and the others are 'meh' at best. Does not mean that people have forgotten this has happened before with Below Sunshade. Where they put a game on steam with a lot of potential, but subpar game play, being buggy as hell, and fewer sex scenes compared to their other games.

kasata

Mar 28, 2017
The game is definitely going in the right direction, I like the art and the overall feel. Right now however the vendor system seems to be broken, can't buy anything. I for one also can't get past Thursday, It's basically repeating endlessly and I can't assign anymore tasks.
There seems to be no way to reduce stress at the moment, there's also no sexual content of any sort in the game that I could at least find. Had a hardlock when I failed the gauntlet quest that is impossible to beat if you wanna continue fighting.

Either way this game seems to have been in the works for the last 2 years, so I'm guessing that the actual version of the game is better, things work and that it's not a PG3 game ?! idk, ima look out for it tho

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
so..., how is the game? grind? buggy? bunch of s*x?
Unfortunately it's... very buggy.
I stopped playing it because of it.

There's a bug that makes your character invisible after a scene, there's a bug that crashes your game, there's a bug that causes a black screen, a bug that shows the wrong character in a scene, a bug that makes you unable to continue a quest, a lot of spelling issues even during the first minute of the game (before the battle tutorial I already found 5 very obvious spelling mistakes), the success rates in regards to the jobs/gym are bollocks. Even with a stress meter of 0% and 70% success chance, you fail 90% of the time.

A very disappointing demo release. And trust me I wish I could be more positive.
It's just that these bugs are so incredibly obvious that I am not sure how these got into the demo after Kal (Kaliyo / developer) claimed he was working on the last couple of "obvious" bugs a couple of days ago in the discord server.

If they truthfully didn't know these bugs were a thing, I really mean it when I say that they should hire QA testers. It's just sad that even after the many delays this is the result.

Also the some of the visuals are far too bright, disallowing you to see indicators or even characters at all in some locations.

The good thing about the game is the art. Meno is obviously a great artist and there's nothing wrong with it at all.
The setting is also pretty cool.. But yeah.
So all in all, disappointing release. I am on pretty good terms with Kal in the discord, although unlike most active members in the discord, I don't think he doesn't deserve harsh criticism/negative attitudes from patrons for this.

Reactions: jhose15xs

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
The game is definitely going in the right direction, I like the art and the overall feel. Right now however the vendor system seems to be broken, can't buy anything. I for one also can't get past Thursday, It's basically repeating endlessly and I can't assign anymore tasks.
There seems to be no way to reduce stress at the moment, there's also no sexual content of any sort in the game that I could at least find. Had a hardlock when I failed the gauntlet quest that is impossible to beat if you wanna continue fighting.

Either way this game seems to have been in the works for the last 2 years, so I'm guessing that the actual version of the game is better, things work and that it's not a PG3 game ?! idk, ima look out for it tho
To buy items, hold left click on the icons of the items. It's weird but that's how it works.
To reduce stress, go the the spa on the right side of the street.
There are at least 4 sexual scenes I found before I stopped due to the buggy state of the game.

Reactions: kasata
Apr 8, 2018
It would be really cool if we could move (our character) with the mouse
moving with keyboard and dialogue with mouse is a bit weird

kasata

Mar 28, 2017
To buy items, hold left click on the icons of the items. It's weird but that's how it works.
To reduce stress, go the the spa on the right side of the street.
There are at least 4 sexual scenes I found before I stopped due to the buggy state of the game.
What scenes ? how do you get them cause as I said I got to Thursday and then the game was stuck on a loop, by that point I found nothing even remotely sexual.

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018

Where can I play it?
You can find the Download link in our new ! Of course we'll also offer the demo on , but it's gonna take a bit to get the game approved there etc. and our Priority are our Patrons who make this game possible.
Why the delays?
Arenus is a complex Game. It's a Management RPG with a lot of replayability and pushes RPG Maker to the next level. Creating a foundation we're actually happy with was a challenge, but now we're at a level where we are comfortable to show it off. Of course we'll do changes and improve the game based on your feedback in the coming months before the final Release.
What's Next?
Later this Month, if you're a fan of Roundscape, you can expect a new Content Update for Roundscape Adorevia. Besides that we'll focus on Arenus and getting it done. But we'll make sure to be more active and more sharing from now on.
Thank you for your Support and Patience
- The Arvus Games Team

Psymind

Jun 16, 2018
The thing with the visuals being too bright is also a bug. If you close your game and open it up you'll see how it was supposed to be. Here whenever I transition to another screen it all goes to shit.

JackN

Oct 27, 2017
If u wanna see all the pictures of the scenes in the game u can go into the hidden folder ArenusPatreonDemo\www\img\pictures and see all pictures.

Reactions: James Eveleth

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
What scenes ? how do you get them cause as I said I got to Thursday and then the game was stuck on a loop, by that point I found nothing event remotely sexual.
It depends on your gender, but I generally play as fem pc. Therefore I can only tell you what I know about fem pc.
-Elona will have a random masturbation event when you see a ! above her room.
-When you lose against the tentacle monster, elona gets a sex scene
-When you talk to the kraken guy in front of the sex/strip club with the "bold" approach, you can get a nurse costume sex scene.
-When you lose against the wolves you get a sex scene (although this one is bugged, cg doesnt work and causes black screen)
-When you talk to the red guy with the "bold" (If I remember correctly) approach, asking him for information, you get a blowjob scene.

By the way guys, I am not a special friend of Kal or anything so I doubt this is private information. Hence why I am sharing this here.
See if this changes anything in regards to your opinions.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 36 Votes