rickpool98

Dec 11, 2017
I created a gallery mod for the game allowing you to view all scenes for all characters male and female. Currently on patreon will be posted here in a week.

you can support the modder and buy the game mod cheap on patreon for 1$ hes not chaging 25$ for it

Hauk

Jan 14, 2021
so is your gladiators training progress supposed to reset after each fight? cause mine got reset after the wolves fight.

Non Player

May 27, 2019
Glad I was busy during launch day, just reading the bugs and gameplay details makes me lose all hope they were working on the game for this long...

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Everyone gangster with bragging how much variety they have with multiple characters to pick until they get caught doing nasty copy and paste shenanigans.

Good old "repeat lazy business tactics" never gets old and I can't wait to see the defensive and pissed reactions from those hard working devs when people point those things out. :D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway I feel extremely frustrated and wanted to vent a bit. Sorry for the wall of text.
I rarely shit on games and I feel bad about it but it needed to be said.
Gonna drop the game.

Also I chuckled like an idiot again after seeing the "you looked" pic at the bottom of the image folder. You got me. :HideThePain:

Last edited:

Hauk

Jan 14, 2021
Yes it is intended
i guess that makes sense, cause it'd be easy to max them all well before the final boss, but im wondering how its even possible to reach the maximum in one week, even if you go all in on a single stat reaching its final perk seems dubious, do you start getting more stats per activity later on in the game?

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
i guess that makes sense, cause it'd be easy to max them all well before the final boss, but im wondering how its even possible to reach the maximum in one week, even if you go all in on a single stat reaching its final perk seems dubious, do you start getting more stats per activity later on in the game?
Not like that gonna stop everyone from just simply cheat, which is the best way to get through this game.

Especially when the gameplay progression is pure agony, I was going to make 2 saves (1 male & 1 female) for everyone but fucked it. Just a single playthrough is comparable to sit through the 1st two episodes of Velma (2023).

• Haha
Reactions: J0t4_69 and GSD_acc

Winndy

Apr 14, 2019
Is shadowlurker supposed to be unbeatable? With guard and "be careful" commando, he dishes out 320 damage with Hammer, counter does not work with half of his moveset.

Like, are you supposed to restart the entire 10 hour progress once you stuck?

Experimantal

Feb 2, 2018
I see many people complaning about the gameplay loop, but not many point out what they'd change, if you guys got any suggestion, go ahead, we're always listening

As for the complaints of art being the same for all three gladiators, it is because art is expansive, especially of such quality, the game focus isn't just the scenes, if it was, the game would be a puzzle game where you get the full gallery in 10 mins then delete it from your harddrive. No the point here is the story, writing, being a gladiator simulator. Each character got their own personal story that unfolds starting late bronze/early silver leagues.

Yes I do understand the early gameplay is a slog. In the most recent update, fast travel for FREE (so not the taxi which cost credits) was implemented,there is also discussion to change how infiltration can be done so that it doesn't require returning there on specific days.

After the underground league, the gameplay do open up, I myself spent 6 hours yesterday grinding in the arcade minigames to sell legendary gear for credits :ROFLMAO: .

There was an early concept for the gallery that caused issues, a mod is easy done, but when you seek to implement it properly into the game, can cause issues (unlock conditions, triggers, UI and more), so it got delayed to the steam release (in about a month/ a month and half).

Elona will get a BIG buff next patch, which will make her early game less painful!

Next patch should be the biggest one so far.

In all honesty, and humbly, we apologize for any issues encountered with the game, we playtested it, bug were fixed, release happened annnnnd... Bugs returned. We all pulled our hairs out when it happened....

But, also in honesty, whining and mocking an already stressed out dev team, who tried to not delay the game more, actually pressured into releasing it, isn't a good way to go either. You want quality games, but you also want them now. As seen with CP77, and some of our own bugs, both aren't compatible.

Could we have done more playtesting ? Definitely, even though, as said above, bugs were fixed within our internal build, but returned in release.

But now, more playtesting would mean bigger delay, which mean more crying, mocking, whining, it isn't healthy for any of us.

So now you got what was released now. An overhaul working game, with some bugs that the dev team are working hard to fix, alongside rebalancing, and adding more tiny QoL to the daily loop following everyone's feedback.

This game is a labor of love, I never want to see Kaliyo in the state he was in during development ever again. I wish everyone here could see it this way, but I doubt it.

Now, tomorrow will be the release of the 1.0E patch, no shame in sharing the info, y'all gonna get it from leakers soon anyway.

Prevat

Jul 11, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game has a lot of "wasted" time. And I would be more than happy if it would get adressed. A marker indicating if a scene is happening inside an area would already improve much of the needless wandering. Switching screens always has this fade out and fade in which at first doesn't seem that annoying but over the course of a playtrough adds up. The end of the day screen also takes ages to complete for no real reason.

Reactions: Experimantal

volkshapo

Jul 11, 2017
Idk, it's just a boring to play, when you have to check every location for possible scene, even after underground finished i think i'll wait for patches.

Reactions: Experimantal

Experimantal

Feb 2, 2018

The game has a lot of "wasted" time. And I would be more than happy if it would get adressed. A marker indicating if a scene is happening inside an area would already improve much of the needless wandering. Switching screens always has this fade out and fade in which at first doesn't seem that annoying but over the course of a playtrough adds up. The end of the day screen also takes ages to complete for no real reason.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll transfer them.

Markers are coming for multiple details, I also noticed myself some disappeared with a bug fix (damn rpg maker, fix one, bug another).

End of day skip etc. Been suggested and we'll try to implement something that allows not to miss details, while going faster.

For moving around, during bronze league, you can buy a car allowing infinite fast travel around. I think there's also a "send gladiator to train without moving outside" type of QoL being investigated, but I can't promise yet, because you could miss events that way!

Reactions: Prevat and Bigboi42

RandomCPU3

Apr 8, 2018
Anyway I feel extremely frustrated and wanted to vent a bit. Sorry for the wall of text.
I rarely shit on games and I feel bad about it but it needed to be said.
Gonna drop the game.

Also I chuckled like an idiot again after seeing the "you looked" pic at the bottom of the image folder. You got me. :HideThePain:
Same also dropped and you hit most of the points on the head. It just all feels so lazy which is just the most annoying thing of all. Just compare this "finished" game to the demo from years ago. It's basically the same thing this more scenes that are almost all cope/pastes. You can't even say it runs that much better. The fact it took them this long for this game is just sad.

I also want to just say I can't fucking stand how the game "feels" in terms of menus and just moving. Roundscape feels 100x better cause it just feels like a normal RPGM game. It's like they deliberately went out of there way to make things worse than if they just did the out of the box method. Why the fuck is everything a "hold to confirm", why the fuck can't you buy/use items more than one at a time, why make the game only save at the end of days when it's filled with fucking bugs so you might just get screwed and not know it (got stuck in doors or unable to move many times)

Played it for a while. Got like half way through the fight roster before just giving up cause it was all so annoying. If they actually made the game with variety in events, differences in story based on Gladiator, and actual care in terms of menus and sprites (they had YEARS and no unique sprites for a lot of DAILY TASKS they expect you to see over and over like you said)

Just a complete embarrassing game that could have been more if it was made by anyone else that actually tried instead of lied. Good art though.

zesnake999

Oct 26, 2019
Hi a little bug i found don't know if this already fix for 1.0E but i play on Hardcore with Elona .
Against the Bee in the underground arena after the CG for the second round all my bonus stats are gone ( like my 10% bonus damage).

My only issue with the game it's just the lack of scene maybe more between Mc and gladiator or NPC maybe in some update later.

The game it's not perfect sure but like cyberpunk hope it will be fix to be more enjoyable

Experimantal

Feb 2, 2018
Hi a little bug i found don't know if this already fix for 1.0E but i play on Hardcore with Elona .
Against the Bee in the underground arena after the CG for the second round all my bonus stats are gone ( like my 10% bonus damage).

My only issue with the game it's just the lack of scene maybe more between Mc and gladiator or NPC maybe in some update later.

The game it's not perfect sure but like cyberpunk hope it will be fix to be more enjoyable
It been reported and on the fix list indeed !

3.20 star(s) 37 Votes