Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Good morning, all!
Every now and then there'll be one of those posts that are less exciting. Since my focus this week was mostly story and code, not a whole lot of exciting details to share. And a little bit of work done to the UI. I was testing a revision of how the timeline notification works and I started back in Chapter 1. Funny enough, I hadn't played Chapter 1 with my new contacts until this week when I was testing some code. And holy hell... All I have to say is thank you everyone for putting up with those early renders. Because I saw everything clearly now. From the occasional grainy renders to the dreaded black spots and everything in between, haha. But I'm continuously working on improving. Anywho, I brought that up because, with Chapter 4, you guys can expect the DataLeak backdrops to finally be updated to the current standard of renders.
Below is an example of what I'm referring to.

Also, another implementation is a notification system for when something is clickable nearby. I listen to all feedback, both praise and criticism. Back in CH2 a number of people were curious about Katy's scene if they chose to have sex with her and she denied a certain position. The only way to unlock that position was to pluck the rose just before you rang the doorbell when meeting her. So, after chatting with a few of you, I worked in a new notify system that is lore friendly. Since MC has his passion project, his LiDAR app. I figured it was a neat way to implement it into the game as a way to let you guys know there is something hidden nearby to grab. SDCards are excluded from this since those don't affect story or bonus scenes/shots. Here is an example of what it will look like when something is nearby. Also, you can toggle this feature off in the config.

Moving on to where I'm at with the story. I've already made a few revisions to parts of the script I've completed so far. There are still a number of scenes I still need to work on. I may switch up my workflow and start writing out the Halloween party this week, since there is a lot that will go on there. Lots of animations planned, amongst many other things. In regard to lewd scenes, this will be my first time working on a three-way. If I start now, I can tweak things as I move along with development.
Lastly, something I keep forgetting to share. Someone had asked a few weeks ago about the songs used in Artemis being available on any streaming services. So I hunted most the songs down on Spotify and created a playlist. I'll update this playlist as I release chapters. Also, the songs I chose for Artemis were the instrumental versions. However, only the versions with lyrics were available for most the tracks. Enjoy!

That's all for this week. I'll continue focusing on the script this week and or the Halloween event. Also, start prepping a few new locations for scenes written so far. Next week, I'll set aside writing and start working on scenes I've finalized for rendering.
Have a great week everyone and please be safe wherever you may be

digi.B

skinnyft

Feb 14, 2019
I just finish playin the last update and im speechless, so many details and beautiful stuff goin on around here, the history is so funny and interesting, man this game took me by surprise and the ladys are true beauty's and have real personalities and the animation is amazing, i cant even imagine the time that you guys had to spend in the animation , but hats off to you guys, amazing work - 10/10

DrakaF

Dec 4, 2020
Woow... one of the 'best kept secrets' of this forum.
Dev, please keep continuing as you did these three chapters. Great work!

Moonywb

Apr 14, 2019
In regards to the LiDAR, if I chose the research company before the interview, is there anything I will miss out on?

I'm trying to decide if I should start a new save for both branches.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
In regards to the LiDAR, if I chose the research company before the interview, is there anything I will miss out on?

I'm trying to decide if I should start a new save for both branches.
You'll get more RP points with Reina and Paige if you made research company.

Reactions: dotritch

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021

Good morin'!

This week was great progress on the script. I have an overall roadmap of how the story progresses. But some things tend to change as I sometimes go a different direction than planned. On top of that, crafting the dialogue is another hurdle that I generally take my time on. Though this past week I was able to get a nice chunk done, so I'll be putting the script aside while I start working on the story renders. And back to work on the script once I've caught up on story renders.

I also looked into a couple bugs reported sometime last week. The bug occurs when MC visits the INK house and wonders if Zelda is home. Depending on how your date went in CH2, the bug prevents you from stopping by her room before seeing June. Which will make you miss the opportunity to accept her movie date that's planned for CH4. I updated the release post. So, if you paid her a visit in CH3, where she offered you candy. You're okay. If MC mentioned her but did not give the option to see her, grab the hotfix and load a save point before you visit the INK home and you'll get the scene.

As I'm working on the script, I'm taking note of the girls who get SD Card renders. But I'm having a hard time deciding who to do for the QR Code renders. For those unaware, each chapter has a QR code to scan and download a hidden render. They're different from the SD Cards and are easier to spot. Naomi's badge in CH1. The Halloween invitation in CH2 and Kindra's poster with her posing with Lexi in CH3. Later today, I'll be setting up a poll to choose which girl to feature for the QR code render. (All girls are featured in this poll).
Last thing. Next Wednesday will mark one year since I released Chapter 1 for Artemis. And it has been such an amazing year, all thanks to you guys. I'm still working on DJ Kink's visor. But I also wanted to have a little QA for anyone interested. Could be about me or the project itself, Artemis. So, if you have any questions you'd like ask. Type them as a comment and on Wednesday March 23rd, I'll make a post answering your questions.

So, this week I'll be working on scenes I've written out and setting up any props I need for these scenes.

Look forward to CH4 previews this week! :)
Thank you everyone and have yourselves a great week!

digi.B

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022

Good morin'!

This week was great progress on the script. I have an overall roadmap of how the story progresses. But some things tend to change as I sometimes go a different direction than planned. On top of that, crafting the dialogue is another hurdle that I generally take my time on. Though this past week I was able to get a nice chunk done, so I'll be putting the script aside while I start working on the story renders. And back to work on the script once I've caught up on story renders.

I also looked into a couple bugs reported sometime last week. The bug occurs when MC visits the INK house and wonders if Zelda is home. Depending on how your date went in CH2, the bug prevents you from stopping by her room before seeing June. Which will make you miss the opportunity to accept her movie date that's planned for CH4. I updated the release post. So, if you paid her a visit in CH3, where she offered you candy. You're okay. If MC mentioned her but did not give the option to see her, grab the hotfix and load a save point before you visit the INK home and you'll get the scene.

As I'm working on the script, I'm taking note of the girls who get SD Card renders. But I'm having a hard time deciding who to do for the QR Code renders. For those unaware, each chapter has a QR code to scan and download a hidden render. They're different from the SD Cards and are easier to spot. Naomi's badge in CH1. The Halloween invitation in CH2 and Kindra's poster with her posing with Lexi in CH3. Later today, I'll be setting up a poll to choose which girl to feature for the QR code render. (All girls are featured in this poll).
Last thing. Next Wednesday will mark one year since I released Chapter 1 for Artemis. And it has been such an amazing year, all thanks to you guys. I'm still working on DJ Kink's visor. But I also wanted to have a little QA for anyone interested. Could be about me or the project itself, Artemis. So, if you have any questions you'd like ask. Type them as a comment and on Wednesday March 23rd, I'll make a post answering your questions.

So, this week I'll be working on scenes I've written out and setting up any props I need for these scenes.

Look forward to CH4 previews this week! :)
Thank you everyone and have yourselves a great week!

digi.B
Uh oh, i think i have the bug. I don't recall that movie date interaction with Zelda. Guess i'll have to replay it... :love:

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: MrFriendly

Zero919

May 2, 2017
Updated for v0.3.1
I've made a multi-mod for this game

Features:
  • Walkthrough - added green color for best dialogue options
  • Added unlock all options for the archives (scenes and images)
  • During free roam objects that can be interacted with are highlighted
  • Scene changes (Can get both Katy and Zoe scenes, can call both Katy and Zelda)

Download: MEGA PIXELDRAIN
Hi, the game version has been updated 0.3.2
will the mod be updated? :rolleyes:

Reactions: qktkdms and Punto

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1647418965623.png

version 0.3.2.
- went back and normalized the audio for all the music.
- Individually adjusted the levels for the foley and ambiance, then exported them out.
- The song for the climax of Chapter 3 I also adjusted by hand.
- It has some intense highs and some low lows.
- you'll be able to adjust the levels for music, ambiance, and sound effects separately.

- The patch also adds Zoe's scene during the shower segment.
- Her smile is much more pleasing to the eye.
- Now it's much softer and not so many creases around her mouth.
- changing your name via the phone
- Zoe's scene was restored and finally some control over the audio channels for music,
ambiance, and sound effects

4.80 star(s) 377 Votes