Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I completely missed out on this game. finally gotten around to playing this last week and it has been a blast. Very fun story, gorgeous renders. Personally not a big fan of all the tattoos en iron content in most of the faces and bodies we get to see. But that is really my only gripe. The writing is fun, the personalities of the characters are divers enough to keep stuff interesting. Mini-games and free-roam I could do without in most games and I do not mind them in this game. gonna keep an eye on this one.

Reactions: Jericho85

rich4999

Aug 15, 2017
Did you also apply the update from the OP?
Yup, game still won't even start up. Here's my error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/code/_core/music/audio_code.rpy", line 691, in <module>
File "game/code/_core/music/audio_code.rpy", line 657, in __init__
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'C:/Program Files (x86)/VN/_ARTEMIS-0.4.1a-pc/game\\music\\covers'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\VN\_ARTEMIS-0.4.1a-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\VN\_ARTEMIS-0.4.1a-pc\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "code/_core/music/audio_code.rpyc", line 1, in script
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\VN\_ARTEMIS-0.4.1a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\VN\_ARTEMIS-0.4.1a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'C:/Program Files (x86)/VN/_ARTEMIS-0.4.1a-pc/game\\music\\covers'

Jul 17, 2020
prolly bad idea to try and run VN from inside program files, it gets acceses problem for many standalone programs. because windows protects it because that is where programs get installed to, but VN's dont get "installed" like regular programs

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Yup, game still won't even start up. Here's my error:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\VN\_ARTEMIS-0.4.1a-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\VN\_ARTEMIS-0.4.1a-pc\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\VN\_ARTEMIS-0.4.1a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\VN\_ARTEMIS-0.4.1a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
I had a problem where the game wouldn't start with the update AND the walkthrough mod applied. That is all I can think of, I fixed it by re-applying the bugfix.

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The text is being cut off.
Full text should be...
Python:
scene ch1_scn14_juncall_33
jun "Well, her mommy is someone important at our college... so she's trying to get back in. It's been agreed that she'll go through our rush process."
Think this happened a few times before, but this it the one I looked up.

Adjusting the gui.rpy seems to work..
Python:
define -2 gui.dialogue_xpos = 442 ### Default was 642
define -2 gui.dialogue_ypos = 55

define -2 gui.dialogue_width = 1000 ### Default was 800

Reactions: slick97
Jun 16, 2022
Hello, I tried to update the game from 3.2 to 4.1 after finding out an update has been released a few months ago (haha...), however, I'm experiencing a error with replacing the game files. This is what is shown afterwards:

Before loading the script.
ValueError: unsupported pickle protocol: 5

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 427, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "renpy/loader.py", line 244, in index_archives
index = handler.read_index(f)
File "renpy/loader.py", line 129, in read_index
index = loads(zlib.decompress(infile.read()))
ValueError: unsupported pickle protocol: 5

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266

Mon Jan 23 09:13:57 2023

browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
So I just started playing this game and after Leap of Faith I kind of expected Cassandra to have some kind of redemption arc (like Steph), but after reading a couple of the comments here... Guess not huh? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Grif1001

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
What is the deal with that Lexi character? What am I missing?
The key point to what you're probably missing is that both Leap of Faith (where Lexi is from) and this game use the same model for the MC ... The reason Lexi is so confused is that MC looks like her boyfriend. The same joke was played in Leap of Faith, but from Kindra's POV.

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
devlog.png

Happy Monday!

I was working on a scene this week that I ended up having to back and correct. Basically, I accidentally disabled a light for one shot and forgot to enable it again for 4 others. While working on restoring the light, I was distracted, stepped away, and came back. And well sort of messed up one shot big time. Fortunately, I was able to log into my backup service and restore the file from the previous night. But that had me thinking, what if that one backup wasn't enough and needed one that was more recent? So tapping into my former profession as an IT professional, I decided to review my current Disaster Recovery Plan and implement shadow copies into it. Artemis' project files is nearing 2TB of data which consists of assets, Adobe files (Photoshop, AE, Premiere Pro, Audacity, Substance), countless external OBJ files, and so on. I ordered 100TB worth of NAS drives where I plan to migrate both my DAZ library and the Artemis project onto one NAS, which should be more than enough to cover the growing size of the project files+DAZ assets. Currently, my server served as the home where these files are stored and backed up from. All my other rendering PCs are shells and connect to the server. With the revised NAS setup, it frees up resources on my server and allows me to store the new NAS in a new location. Most of the parts came in already, just waiting for the drives and mobo to arrive. Once this is in place, I'll have one additional local redundancy, local backup, and two off-site backup solutions in place.

All that said...

This week, I went back and forth on a few scenes written. The ones involving Artemis. I have an outline I stick to, but the chapters are still very much organic. I've said this before and sometimes I get an idea and think this would be a great path to go. But of course, not all ideas will be great. I had pumped the breaks and just gave Artemis' scenes some thought and went back to make some tweaks. Very satisfied with the direction now. Handling Artemis has been an interesting thing to write. There are several tropes to follow of introducing characters into a world where they must "blend with the humans". And while there are some nods to some pop culture flicks, I am hoping you enjoy how I chose to integrate Artemis into the story.

On the subject of writing, I've had some questions brought up from time to time about if I had anything lined up in the future following Artemis. The short answer is yes, I do. The script that Artemis is loosely based on is something I would be able to adapt to for an Artemis sequel. But it is fair to say after completing Artemis, I should give this universe a break for another IP. And I do have a story I wrote back in high school that is a fantasy setting. I also love post-apocalyptic stories, so there is also that route I could try my hand on. Though I am curious about your thoughts on what you would like to see from me in the future. We are only one book into Artemis with three more to go. But it would be nice to have something lined up once Artemis concludes.

CH5 is 576 story renders in with a few animations still in the oven. I usually set up a poll for an LI that wasn't originally planned for this chapter, but for this chapter I am shooting to have something for everyone...without trying to bloat this planned release.

Have yourselves a great week and stay safe!

-digi.B

4.80 star(s) 376 Votes