greenjf

Sep 23, 2020
Now imagine this image with every person in the story being replaced with an android body. So Artemis is never alone. Now would this be evil if she transferred your conscious into these bodies?
wol_custom_feb23.png

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

Unlocked
Artemis DevLog - CH5
Happy Monday everyone!
Progress remains steady with this cycle. Some of you may have noticed I'm not as active on my socials and it's sort of my MO at this stage of the cycle. Where I sort of close my door so I can keep focus on the update. But of course, feel free to reach out to me if needed. I just may not respond as quickly as usual.
I've a couple of questions, mainly regarding Steam. So, I'll answer them here.
The Steam page for Artemis finally has an actual date on it, which is April 28. Placing a date adds a layer of stress for me, but of course one needs to be set. I've been doing light testing here and there and so far everything is looking great so far. Steam seems to be picking up saves just fine, though I may change the directory of it because I don't wish to have conflicting builds. But even then, copying and pasting your saves seem to function just fine. I'll have better data to sift through once the beta testers play around with it. Only issue I did find was for saves that were copied over, their persistent data mucks with achievements. And by that I just mean it retroactively updates progress for some achievements.
The other big issue is removing the music. Going back and play a bit of CH1 and not having any tracks was jarring. So, I'll be inserting temp tracks that fit the scenes until I can pay the composer to score all chapters.
Also, Steam Deck functionality will need some tweaking and likely won't be ready by this release, but shortly after. I need to tweak the font size for Steam Deck (Note that I'll be pushing a quick fix for everyone so you can choose to have the previous, larger font size.)
Steam release has been pretty stressful overall and is mostly due to me being a bit of a perfectionist. It's not about just slapping a label on something and reaping more profits. I put a lot of care into what I put into the public and it's no different when I release an update. It's a stressful time thinking about "What did I forget to check?". "Did that one thing get fixed?". "Did I add that [insert thing I most likely forgot to add]?". So while yes...I'm excited to be this close to releasing on Steam. I'm honestly looking forward to putting this behind me and take what I learn from this for an easier time next time.
Also, I've gotten requests about translations. That'd be great. I would love to translate Artemis for people to enjoy in their native languages. That is another item I'd like to add soon which is hiring translators. They'll be translated by Books (and possibly each chapter following the current releases.).
Probably the most popular question is there a walkthrough for Artemis? An unofficial one was being made by a community member, but that one fell through. An official in-game walkthrough is planned, though we won't see that one for a while. On discord, there's a "Spoilers-and-walkthrough" channel where you can search and find answers there. Or ask questions and someone or myself can help out.

That's all for this week. Stay safe everyone!
-digi.B

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Just started playing this game a few days ago and really enjoying it.

PS. Love love love June bug's facial expression to the burning house easter egg when one deliberately keeps her points low.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
shame there is no harem option as i can't choose between the girls xd only thing i know is who i don't want xd

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
man thats one hell of a place to end on. hopefully the next update is near as i cant wait for it. need it now so curious.

Last edited:

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
its a great game indeed though one thing i really dislike though is if you want zelda you need to ditch katy and vise versa would have loved to do both of them in one gameplay. other than that the game is easily top 5
Yeah, Zelda is friggin' adorable. Love them cheeks. All the girls really have something going for them -even if my personal attraction to some of the characters are uneven- and I can definitely see anyone making a case for any of them. I hate choosing as well (also the psychiatrist has no business being that beautiful, holy shit those eyes).

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
First impressions after the run. Game impresses with a high-quality plot and well-developed characters, the story of a broken man who is trying to learn how to live again. I like this light Cyberpunk style - the game is similar to our world, close to the modern one, but the tech giants become powerful and the A.I. to be on the brink of creation.
Story develops slowly and the drama begins to heat up only towards the end of Ep.3, most likely we are still at an early stage in the story. I don't know how many seasons and episodes the creator had planned, but it looked like a big beginning.

Of the characters, Kindra at the moment my favorite - a reckless and wild girl, whose story reminds me of Hans Christian Andersen's fairytale "The Ugly Duckling". She went through a tough childhood and bullying but eventually blossomed.
Also, June - a girl who has a similar fate to Aidan - both became a victim of violence from someone they trusted.
I liked the psychologist - Dr. Karhadian, if I correct. The "adult woman" in AVN isn't exactly my type, but I love how mature and laid-back she is at the same time.
The rest of the girls, most of them from the sorority have also attracted attention, but more story is needed to develop these characters.
Reina, Paige and Cathy seem to be the most interesting of that group so far.

Graphics are certainly not a strong part of this game, especially if you look closely. It has improved since the creepy look of the first episode, but there is still room for improvement. The game's visuals cannot yet compete with top-tier graphics games.
But I understand, perhaps the developer doesn't yet have the technical capabilities for large computing power, but he wants to make big updates focused on the story. It's better to have not the best visuals but a well-developed and complete story for each update than to get 300-400 super-beautiful renders in tiny updates.
Gameplay is the part that I have problems with. The updates are very large and almost entirely composed of static renders. There are very few lewd scenes (not complaining about the lack of sex, I'm here for the story), only two free roams for the whole game, the phone app is useless. During big updates, it's good to be distracted so that the game doesn't get repetitive "click for the next image". I got tired of reading and clicking and had to take a breaks. It would be good to diversify the gameplay in such large updates - mini-games, interesting functions in the phone, small free-roams more often so that there is no feeling of fatigue. But finally there was a good free roam at the party. Too bad it's only at the end. Although I may just be spoiled by you know what game. :ROFLMAO:

And of course, references. There are a lot of them. Mass Effect in first place, references to RE, Jurassic Park, Halloween costumes from famous franchises. I enjoyed it. Really, how can you not love a game where MC walks into party in Shepard's N7 armor and tells every girl, "Well bang, OK?"
1.JPG
About music. Is the soundtrack available somewhere? Because I liked it, especially the main theme and the ending of Ep.4

As a result, I really liked this game, the ending of Ep.4 pumps me with hype and makes me wait for the continuation. Of course there are gameplay flaws in it, but they are small compared to other good things. I add it to the list of top games and wait for the update. And yes, one more thing:
well-bang.gif

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes