funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
so no i dont think he is talking about ppl bitching out for or vs bd works i think is about mods taken sides and the site being a little to dismissive about it but whatever .....there are plenty of places we can bitch about mods or not this one of them but not the right tread so what about we comment only what is in this one? bcs for one i dont like telling ppl to stfu no matter if he is wrong or not,everyone here have his own likes and dislkes ,but to someone compare a non work ethics dev with someone like digi b its too much,and if he is doing for trolling the other guy ,put a ps note bcs nopt everyone weill take this kindly
I agree with the sentiment in general. But yes, as a Moderator, they are regarded as 'peace-keepers' in sites such as this. When they decide to add fuel to the fire, then what's the point of them having that authority? Because I sure as fuck don't trust either of the moderators that are acting like children in that thread.

Reactions: otto82
Apr 10, 2022
I honestly don't get why some people will get worked up about these trivial things. Personally, I don't care if I have to wait 2 yrs. If the creator is dedicated, talented, and remains true to his/her vision of what they intend to deliver, then I'm all for the wait. Specially for a product of quality like what DigiB is producing.

This sort of top tier story is part of a rare minority of creators on here and well worth however long the wait needs to be. Patience is a virtue. It's not productive to lash out like this IMHO.
I was honestly about to write a huge long post, basically going through other things ive waited for that are worth the wait and why its so worth it. instead ill stick to one, and say as well to start with i agree :p.

Diablo 2 has for a long period of time been considered one of the greatest games ever released. Every single patch was a while coming(other than hot fixes), but fixed fundamental issues that for the most part would of been impossible to test for. A huge part of its success relies on those major patches. The devs CLEARLY loved the game they created and wanted to, as close as possible make a perfect product. But yeah they still missed stuff that needed to be fixed later because they just didnt think of it. That said, as great of a game as they made....everyone wanted an expansion. Most games in that time period if they had a successful title would pump out expansions not only quickly(before interest could die down) they would pump out as many as they thought they could sell a decent amount of copies of. Generally an expansion to a successful game took somewhere between a month and 3 months. The longest would typically be 6 months. Lord of Destruction the ONLY expansion to come out for the game....took a year. It is also, considered one of the greatest if not the greatest expansion to be released for a game. Greatness takes time. Simple as that. Instead of focusing on profit, or number of sales they focused on quality...and have basically become immortalized for it. The same applies really to any genre. Most of my favorite creators on youtube are the same. they release a video once every few weeks or in some cases once every few months. The wait is worth it though because it is ALWAYS top quality.

Basically if you want mediocrity then go view/play stuff that is rushed out. If you want something with QUALITY it requires time and effort. Any product can only fit TWO categories: Cheap, Good, Fast. Cheap has already been chosen by the dev(its free). Which means he has just one other choice: the choice between Good or Fast. He has clearly chosen the former. if that isnt your thing, then go download the plethora of other titles that choose cheap and fast.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Cheap has already been chosen by the dev(its free).
As of the rest of your message, I agree with it 100%.
This little bit quoted above though, I feel I have to point out that this site only serves the purpose of reaching more users. Because for most creators this place is considered as a pirate site. That being said, most creators still don't mind this site distributing their product early simply because, most creators' perspective is simple, more people that use it whether for free or not, gets them a whole lot more feedback. Because ultimately, most creators are either solo or duo creators, or just a small handful of people working on the project. And this let's them reach a multitude of different user platforms to bug test on Windows(V, 7, 8, 10, 11 etc)/Linux/Unix™ & Apple. And thus have more user input for hotfixes for the final polished product.

And so, this place is allowed to thrive in distributing their creations in progress. Besides it would be practically impossible to shut sites like this down anyhow. So they make the best of the situation and rely heavily on users showing their appreciation with donations and financial support.

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
As of the rest of your message, I agree with it 100%.
This little bit quoted above though, I feel I have to point out that this site only serves the purpose of reaching more users. Because for most creators this place is considered as a pirate site. That being said, most creators still don't mind this site distributing their product early simply because, most creators' perspective is simple, more people that use it whether for free or not, gets them a whole lot more feedback. Because ultimately, most creators are either solo or duo creators, or just a small handful of people working on the project. And this let's them reach a multitude of different user platforms to bug test on Windows(V, 7, 8, 10, 11 etc)/Linux/Unix™ & Apple. And thus have more user input for hotfixes for the final polished product.

And so, this place is allowed to thrive in distributing their creations in progress. Besides it would be practically impossible to shut sites like this down anyhow. So they make the best of the situation and rely heavily on users showing their appreciation with donations and financial support.
Unlike some developers who get to the point where they think sites like this are depriving them of revenue and start wanting to take back material, I think most developers realize that places like this still help--if the majority of people here don't support, it doesn't mean without F95 they would. They (and those who do support) would just not hear about their product.

I feel it is disingenuous to use "pirate sites" to get early recognition then expect to disengage when they get to a more active level.

I will continue to discuss here the projects I am working on. I don't plan on ever turning my back on this community.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I feel it is disingenuous to use "pirate sites" to get early recognition then expect to disengage when they get to a more active level.
Agreed.
I'm sorry, my wording was ill-chosen. Because the reality is, however this site is perceived as, it's more of a huge billboard and testing grounds than anything else. Perfect to get feedback solo creators wouldn't be able to get without investing on a large crew to test their creations otherwise.

And a little like yourself, I've been inspired to explore the creation side of things as well. And thanks to this site and all the variety of novels on display here, I've discovered I'm actually enjoying this new hobby. It was alot more fun learning the ropes of how to put a story together than I had anticipated. Who knows, perhaps someday in the not so distant future, I'll have my own ideas on display here.
:cool:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dragon59

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Agreed.
I'm sorry, my wording was ill-chosen. Because the reality is, however this site is perceived as, it's more of a huge billboard and testing grounds than anything else. Perfect to get feedback solo creators wouldn't be able to get without investing on a large crew to test their creations otherwise.
Not at all. You and I were apparently on the same side here
And a little like yourself, I've been inspired to explore the creation side of things as well. And thanks to this site and all the variety of novels on display here, I've discovered I'm actually enjoying this new hobby. It was alot more fun learning the ropes of how to put a story together than I had anticipated. Who knows, perhaps someday in the not so distant future, I'll have my own ideas on display here.
:cool:
I look forward to that!

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Unlike some developers who get to the point where they think sites like this are depriving them of revenue and start wanting to take back material, I think most developers realize that places like this still help--if the majority of people here don't support, it doesn't mean without F95 they would. They (and those who do support) would just not hear about their product.

I will continue to discuss here the projects I am working on. I don't plan on ever turning my back on this community.
Think about this though: you are a game developer who has released a game and achieved a moderate amount of success; enough success that your game's thread on F95 is becoming popular, and you are receiving good feedback, with both praise and constructive criticism; then along come the critics, people who genuinely dislike the game for whatever reason, and those who just want to rain on your parade, because it's the internet and they can; now you, the developer, are forced to defend your game against attacks both fair and foul. Why would you continue to do so? What good does it do you? Even if you don't respond, it still would tear at you. Wouldn't your time be better spent either working on your game or spending that time completely away from it? Who needs an ulcer?

I have seen what can happen to a developer on F95, even to the extent of death threats. For instance, a game recently returned with a release after a long absence. Among the few posts of thanksgiving for a game returned from the dead, were the massive assaults on the product presented. Whether those assaults were merited or not, it would not do the developer any good to read them. The developer had made a choice on how the game should proceed, and should live or die by that decision.

So, my recommendation to developers is to read the comments at the beginning to see what you are doing, both right and wrong; respond if you must; then get the hell away from here, develop your game, and live your life.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I share Walter Victor point of view,
Or ask a 3rd person, who is close to act like Voiceman, that person is able to filter out the bitching, and to comunicate with the fans of the comunity, they have usually the needed emotional distance to do such a task.
Its a diference when somone you are close tells you :, there were a few guys which are ok with the changes,
a large number was complaining about the mechanics specially xyz, other doesn't like it but are ok with the quality change.
Than have to read trough the Tonns of posts in each thread, specially when the game is good and draws in a lot of gamers

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Think about this though: you are a game developer who has released a game and achieved a moderate amount of success; enough success that your game's thread on F95 is becoming popular, and you are receiving good feedback, with both praise and constructive criticism; then along come the critics, people who genuinely dislike the game for whatever reason, and those who just want to rain on your parade, because it's the internet and they can; now you, the developer, are forced to defend your game against attacks both fair and foul. Why would you continue to do so? What good does it do you? Even if you don't respond, it still would tear at you. Wouldn't your time be better spent either working on your game or spending that time completely away from it? Who needs an ulcer?

I have seen what can happen to a developer on F95, even to the extent of death threats. For instance, a game recently returned with a release after a long absence. Among the few posts of thanksgiving for a game returned from the dead, were the massive assaults on the product presented. Whether those assaults were merited or not, it would not do the developer any good to read them. The developer had made a choice on how the game should proceed, and should live or die by that decision.

So, my recommendation to developers is to read the comments at the beginning to see what you are doing, both right and wrong; respond if you must; then get the hell away from here, develop your game, and live your life.
I share Walter Victor point of view
Me too, Xap my friend, me too!;)(y)

I only have one comment to add to this great advice...
Devs here should make friends with the "Ignore" button that appears for all users in a pop up box when you hover over their username to the left of their comment, directly between the "Follow" and "Start conversation" buttons. I use that button frequently to automatically hide all posts from problem users who wouldn't know common courtesy, manners or decency if it jumped up and slapped them in the face!

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat;)(y)
Base Profile Screenshot 2022.11.12 - 07.50.32.02.png

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020

I definitely get what you are saying. I've seen how dealing with the trolls takes a toll on the developer's mental health. I've seen developers walk away from the industry because of it.

I already resolved to make the games I want to make, tell the stories I want to tell. I know that my games will not be loved by all in the community, and I accept that. A few of my games will have sharing of one sort or another, and I'm prepared to deal with that. I'm not likely to an incest (or housemate-cest story), so I know the incest-everywhere people will not be happy. I'm writing for the people who appreciate story focused games, like Artemis. My inspiration comes from those developers who succeed in that.

My current project is inspired by a conversation with one of our community members, largely about how their particular kinks are and are not portrayed. The story will that of a couple in love on vacation in Paris. Right now, there's no plan on extra LIs, but the point of the story are the kinks that will take place. I will be doing other kink stories, assisted by my housemate who has been a lifestyle Domme for many years.

I was not talking about basing my self-worth on the comments here, but letting it remain as a source of advertising/exposure. I know that including F95 means that a majority of the people playing will not support, and I'm okay with that. I have been wading through trollish comments directed at other developers for almost three years now. One thing I have going for me is that my ex-wife and adult kids know what I'm doing, so their feedback and criticism will weigh a lot more than those here.

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
Me too, Xap my friend, me too!;)(y)

I only have one comment to add to this great advice...
Devs here should make friends with the "Ignore" button that appears for all users in a pop up box when you hover over their username to the left of their comment, directly between the "Follow" and "Start conversation" buttons. I use that button frequently to automatically hide all posts from problem users who wouldn't know common courtesy, manners or decency if it jumped up and slapped them in the face!

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat;)(y)
View attachment 2548677
I use the ignore button just to clean up a thread. I find the overall quality of comments increases as a side effect. Another thing I noticed is that the little red banner that pops up to inform you that an ignored member has posted does so in multiple threads and the resulting conversation nearly always stems from them shit posting. Frequently following the same theme from thread to thread.

Personally, I can't see how people could really pour hate on this game. The Kendra wake up scene had me laughing so hard it hurt! Talk about relatable. We've all had a friend like Kendra. A loose cannon, totally over the top, irritating as hell, but generous to a fault and impossible not to love. The characters are all different, none of which I'd describe as bad. Some are stronger than others sure, but the support characters are all engaging.

Ah, I see where the problem lies. Trolls don't have friends, and they don't engage. So, they can't relate.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I am wondering probably wrongly. Is this minor update to prevent this game from being classified as being abandoned?

I also noticed it's original release date was 16 April, and the last time this thread was updated was 23 March I think, but as far as I am aware the last major updated was back in October last year?

This is a wonderful game and it would truly sadden me if it was to become abandoned due to lack of recent updates or something.

otto82

Mar 5, 2021
I am wondering probably wrongly. Is this minor update to prevent this game from being classified as being abandoned?

I also noticed it's original release date was 16 April, and the last time this thread was updated was 23 March I think, but as far as I am aware the last major updated was back in October last year?

This is a wonderful game and it would truly sadden me if it was to become abandoned due to lack of recent updates or something.
I don't think you have to worry about this game becoming an abandoned game. Though digi.B likes to take time to make the story and animations flow well the updates with previews and info on Patreon are kind of regularly about the game.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I don't think you have to worry about this game becoming an abandoned game. Though digi.B likes to take time to make the story and animations flow well the updates with previews and info on Patreon are kind of regularly about the game.
thank you for answering me so quickly :)

Reactions: otto82

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020

Happy Monday!

To avoid sounding like a broken record, I wanted to share some behind the scenes from some of last week's work. One of the scenes I'll be working on this week takes place in another McCreed location and this is another environment I'm converting to DAZ. Converting non-daz assets can be a bit of a pain since in most cases you're having to fix the UV maps. Or worse, fix the mesh itself. Which was the case for the park I used in CH3 where you ate tacos with Naomi. But the painstaking process is worth it in the end.

Turning this

1681772989784.png

Into this

1681773022408.png

And finally into this

1681773039493.png

Adding the privacy screens was a nice touch I thought. Tones down the harsh light coming through. As well as swapping out the tree with a statue. Was lucky enough to find a statue of The Three Graces, which adds to the motif we'll be seeing more of throughout the story.

Also, I was pretty annoyed to learn that there are no current fencing lamés in DAZ. The one that is available is for the first generation of Genesis and the quality is pretty low. So, I had to grab something that could pass as one. So, when this scene pops up and any fencers point out the lamés not looking quite right. Now you know why :)

1681773060680.png

But it does add to the sci-fi-ness in the end :)

I'm also working on a little mini-game you'll be playing with Artemis. Again, mini-games are optional. Only thing you lose out on if you skip them are a couple love points and bonus renders. Here's a little preview of the game being added.

1681773081640.png

And back to the grind I go!

Thank you all and may you all have a safe week!

-digi.B

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 378 Votes