JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hello, all. I am just here for a simple question. Just started for the first time, saw the music replacement notice, decided to come here to ask; As of right now, has the music been changed from the original tracks already, or will they be replaced starting in Ch. 5? Leap of Faith had this issue where they had to take out some BANGERS that simultaneously fit the scenes they played in, so the updated scenes were meh. If possible, I want to experience this game as I did LoF: as the developer originally envisioned. Or some stuff like that I'm not a smart guy.
First of all, you should be really asking this type of question directly to the developer, digi.B himself because only he can give you a definitive answers.

Most of us here are just players, fans, some are supporters/patrons, some are trollls etc. so we can't really give you the correct answer, most will only be highly speculative, made up or some that are based on some facts. So, instead I will direct you the last development post on Artemis here.

Major takeaways from that post are below:
That said, I only have two major things left on my plate with Steam which are the two chapters of music I still need to change. I stayed focus on CH5 development last week and told myself I'll complete the track flushing this week. So between today and tomorrow, I'll be swapping out the remaining Artlist/Epidemic tracks with the placeholder tracks. Part of my Steam wishlist, should things go well there, is to hire the composer to re-do all four chapters of Artemis as well as compose chapter 5 and future chapters. So, while the old songs will hold a special, nostalgic place in my heart. I look forward to finally having music that really places the cherry on top and compliments the melodic atmosphere for Artemis, especially for very key scenes like MC vs Cassie coding scene, other montages and hopefully some really nice themes for key characters. Come Wednesday, I plan to do final run of testing before submitting the final build to Steam. After this is done, rest of the week will be business as usual as I continue and shift all my focus back to CH5. It's a stressful week but I will be real happy to finally mark Steam off my plate and just focus on CH5 from here on.
In short, you can't experience the original vision ( musically ) especially with the Steam release, because the original tracks by Artlist/Epidemic were replaced with placeholder tracks ( but you can still get older release somewhere that contains them ). Futurewise, if Steam release goes well the placeholder musical tracks will be replaced with new musics, fingers crossed.

2 options here ( as far as the musics are concerned ):
1. Play older version where the musics are there.
2. Wait for future version potentially with new music ( no idea when ).

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Hello, all. I am just here for a simple question. Just started for the first time, saw the music replacement notice, decided to come here to ask; As of right now, has the music been changed from the original tracks already, or will they be replaced starting in Ch. 5? Leap of Faith had this issue where they had to take out some BANGERS that simultaneously fit the scenes they played in, so the updated scenes were meh. If possible, I want to experience this game as I did LoF: as the developer originally envisioned. Or some stuff like that I'm not a smart guy.
2. Wait for future version potentially with new music ( no idea when ).
Since you haven't played yet, I would endorse this option, unless the Steam release falls through. My impression from what Digi has said (but this is just a guess) is that if the Steam income is strong enough, he'll be commissioning music right away, and will probably be ready by the release of chapter six (two updates from now).

I say this because YOUR best experience of the game would most likely be to hear one version of the music when you play it. If you start now, regardless of which version of the music you play with, it won't be the version of the music that will be in the game soon, which would mean you'll have a disjointed experience once that new music is fully integrated.

I'm not saying you can't enjoy playing now and then experiencing the changes later, but I can say from experience it's less likely to feel "off" if you never experience it the way it used to be.

EDIT: Also, digi wasn't as far into his game as Drifty was when the musicopolips happened, so his altered vision isn't going to be as jarring as what happened to LoF.

Last edited:

ZazzyBoi

Mar 23, 2020
You make a good point. I think I'll give it a playthrough now still. If nothing else, someone might have the music rips from the old build like LoF so I can enjoy those tracks on their own merit. Piece of You and Hit The Ground Running still give me warm and fuzzies cuz of my memories of it, as well as a few other tracks. Thanks for the explanation to your thought process as well. And your Favorites list too. Chef's kiss

• Red Heart
Reactions: Elhemeer

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Does anyone know if there's a bug with the Steam achievements? Four achievements I can't get and I don't know why. Two of them I presume are achievements after getting all dataleaks and scenes. But I have them all. The Steam version loads it automatically from the persistent file of the non Steam version, so I can't get them. I've tried to delete all saves and the persistent file, re-installed the game but fucking Steam seems to have uploaded them in the cloud and all saves are restored.

achievements artemis.png

Phatman575

Apr 25, 2022
Tremonia
Delete the persistent and collect the cards and photos/wallpapers again with the Steam version, otherwise it won't count.

That leaves the 10+ "joke" conversation choice and "correct first name"+"correct last name"

Reactions: Tremonia

Punto

Jun 18, 2020
Try reinstalling it. Because personally I have no problem with this game everything works fine.
I hope you manage to solve your problem in any case.
I reloaded and installed the game. I deleted the old files to be on the safe side. :unsure: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Tremonia
Delete the persistent and collect the cards and photos/wallpapers again with the Steam version, otherwise it won't count.
That's what didn't worked:
I've tried to delete all saves and the persistent file, re-installed the game but fucking Steam seems to have uploaded them in the cloud and all saves are restored.
But inbetween I've found out how to stop Steam to use the Cloud. But I'm to lazy make a new playthrough to pick the stuff. So I just wrote a small script in Ren'Py and now it's all done.:D

That leaves the 10+ "joke" conversation choice and "correct first name"+"correct last name"
Ah, that's I missed. Thank's for that!

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I wonder what aspects of Artemis, the goddess, will the droid take up? The hunt? Wild animals? Vegetation or chastity? Well, I doubt it is the last one. Considering it is an Adult game with sexual elements. should have really gone with Aphrodite - Sex galore then aha. Still, love the game regardless!

ZazzyBoi

Mar 23, 2020
Am I weird for not liking piercings? The girls are obviously great characters, but I couldn't see myself dating them cuz I don't really like the rings and studs and whatnot.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HogRocket

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Am I weird for not liking piercings? The girls are obviously great characters, but I couldn't see myself dating them cuz I don't really like the rings and studs and whatnot.
Yeah, you're weird.

(just kidding ;))

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Some girls I love with piercing and tattoos. Some I think look terrible with either. All personal taste.

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes