greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

Artemis DevLog - CH5

Happy new week!
I'm on track for October 30th release date! I'll give a proper change log on the release date but here's a few numbers
renders - 5,203 (this number may go up or down just by a few as I clean things up)
69 new tracks
33,506 lines of dialogue - This number felt low at first. But it'll make sense why once you've gone through this chapter.
The update will be about 3.5GB
I also feel I need to mention this chapter features only one lewd scene. I remember one guy being furious when ch3 dropped and there were only two and his tantrum gave me a chuckle. At this point though, it's safe to say Artemis is more story focused and lewds will come naturally. Depending on the character and how much has been invested in them thus far.
That said, this is a story heavy chapter. Book One ended an arc and Book Two continues the story and introduces another major arc. I was originally going to make CH5 shorter due to the amount of work I did recoding Book One to be controller and SteamDeck friendly for the Steam release, amongst other things. But even with so much fat trimmed, I can only trim so much for sake of story beat. Each chapter is laid out to bring each book to a conclusion and sets a foundation for the next book. But I am so relieved to finally be at this point. This has truly been development hell and I am looking forward to starting fresh with Chapter 6, once 5 has been released. But enough of that, we're 7 days away and I am really excited to release this next chapter!
In the next couple of weeks, I'll collect questions from anyone wanting to know more about Artemis, myself or future projects and answer them around the end of November.
Thank you again for your patience and support. I look forward to a nice break and hanging out with everyone again in Discord voice chats.
See you all next week and have yourselves a safe one!
- digi.B

Onibaku

Feb 7, 2018
Which in itself was decided by the creator.
Yes and it does make the story more interrestig because of it. If he wouldt know anyone it would make the playble character an almost blanck slate. Blanck slate is good for a sandbox but not a story driven game

Tkoyama

Feb 25, 2020
I'm cool with 1 lewd scene. It's more or less what happens with Summer's Gone but with a less slow burn. I love Summer's Gone btw. If there's a plausible reason for this, it's okay.

Reactions: dots

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
im more the type of being proportional,means that i dont care if any lewd content comes out ,rather i expect the content being equal to all the LI's i dont like when devs do a update with some characters and the nex with others ,im not on all girls path ,for me is a easy one,doc,paige and reina all the others are just fillers

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I'm cool with 1 lewd scene. It's more or less what happens with Summer's Gone but with a less slow burn. I love Summer's Gone btw. If there's a plausible reason for this, it's okay.
Not to mention that sex with June is perfect!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Tkoyama

Lou33

Mar 16, 2023
I don't think people would be as pressed about it if it would have started out like that. But the fact it started out with quite a few scenes and seemed like it wasn't that type of game, then the switch up now with 1 lewd scene in a 1+ year of development. It just seems like the pacing of this game is completely different now. Also the combination of it taking a year with just the 1 lewd scene, if it had only takin 6-7 months I don't think people would be as mad. But if the game continues at this rate it could take 2-3 years before people get the scenes with the LI's they want.

akkurt

Nov 1, 2020
From digiB's Discord:

"good mornin! it's about 530am my time and just about wrapped things up. Heading off to bed for a few hours and going to give one more review with fresh eyeballs when i wake up, before packaging the build for release. we should see the update drop late afternoon/early evening PST.

thank you all and real excited to finally get this one out to you guys. i greatly appreciate all of you

(yes, even you )"

4.80 star(s) 376 Votes