HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
well i subscribed to the patreon page so i will keep putting chp 6 info here. thanks for the laugh love the thought process
nice , sometimes LizaS does it but its good to know when he doesn't have time someone else might be willing to share

• Haha
Reactions: LizaS

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
tbh, getting something from that data would be a little plot convenience. They decided to put Koko's old frame in the loft just recently, espionage happened then they take it back to workshop. Almost like digi forced that thing happen, which I think is out of his style. Also they mentioned the data was heavily encoded, which is weird for Koko's old frame. I say it's red herring.
Vulvamort gonna pull something before the expo, I am sure of it but if it's just that code I think it's cheap way to go. :unsure:

Also, MC was the one who coded that shit, Artemis' frame more less built in that manner. As we know, Hunter did not followed that procedure since Vulvamort forced MC to discard it. So, cracking the data then merging that data with Hunter's code should take very long because even though when everything goes right, it took MC's lots of effort. All in all, I feel like that way is way below the story quality of this game.
To be fair, the idea to put Koko Mk I on display in the loft was mentioned at the start of Chapter 3, when Kindra was showing off her room in the bunker to MC. So while it was somewhat of a plot convenience to move it up in Chapter 4 and take it back down in Chapter 5, the seed was planted long ago. But it might have worked better had they moved Koko Mk I up to the loft in Chapter 3. They could even have June comment on how cute Mk I was when she was chatting with MC in the loft near the start of Chapter 4.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Overall this is one of my favorites on the site so this may be a little nitpicky, but how the fuck do you not lock the door from outside to prevent the intruder from potentially escaping? Or at the very least be guarding the door. Considering the technology we're dealing with that seems like a pretty big oversight, but I guess if Vulvamort needed to get something out of it to progress her role as antagonist then we can just assume Kindra and the MC aren't as bright as you would have thought.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Overall this is one of my favorites on the site so this may be a little nitpicky, but how the fuck do you not lock the door from outside to prevent the intruder from potentially escaping? Or at the very least be guarding the door. Considering the technology we're dealing with that seems like a pretty big oversight, but I guess if Vulvamort needed to get something out of it to progress her role as antagonist then we can just assume Kindra and the MC aren't as bright as you would have thought.
Well, let's think through this logically.

Lock on the outside = exposing your lock to anybody capable of breaking in, especially when the intruder is a professional. Doesn't that pretty much defeats the purpose of a lock?

There's a very good reason why in the real world, basically all locks are on the inside, not outside.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Well, let's think through this logically.

Lock on the outside = exposing your lock to anybody capable of breaking in, especially when the intruder is a professional. Doesn't that pretty much defeats the purpose of a lock?

There's a very good reason why in the real world, basically all locks are on the inside, not outside.
Maybe security locks like that facility would have are different. I would certainly hope that door had some high tech electronic locks with some thumbprint or retina scan feature, but at least in the real world wouldn't you agree that most entry door locks can be operated from either side? Even if the lock is on the interior, going back to the technical aspect they should have the capability of being locked or unlocked from the outside, otherwise how would anyone ever get back in if the door was locked and no one was inside?

I'm just going to assume they are electronic locks but were not working due to the blackout.. even though she mentioned the generator kicked on immediately but we don't know how much of the facility was backed up that way. lol

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
Language is a wonderful thing. It allows us to miscommunicate with ease. Try writing it again.
Interesting.... to solve your problem, try to find it in front of your computer, it's there, even if it's hard to find! Maybe it's not even hard, but that is not really an issue.... And then put your lock outside of the door and send us a photo.

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Well, that would certainly keep people out, and would be fine if you never wanted to get back in.

Now, myself, I have a key to unlock my front door from the outside. But that's just me...
I bet you also have a way to manually unlock it from the inside, in case of a fire or some other emergency where you might need to get out quickly without a key or relying on an electronic mechanism to open it.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I bet you also have a way to manually unlock it from the inside, in case of a fire or some other emergency where you might need to get out quickly without a key or relying on an electronic mechanism to open it.
Do you have a front door? The lock on mine can be easily be unlocked with one hand.

Who the hell has a front-door lock that needs a key to open from the inside... unless you're running a crack house?

Lock makers seem to be very creative. They've been making locks for front doors for centuries that are not only safe but convenient to use. Even bolted and chained doors are easy to open from the inside! Isn't modern technology wonderful?

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Do you have a front door? The lock on mine can be easily be unlocked with one hand.

Who the hell has a front-door lock that needs a key to open from the inside... unless you're running a crack house?

Lock makers seem to be very creative. They've been making locks for front doors for centuries that are not only safe but convenient to use. Even bolted and chained doors are easy to open from the inside! Isn't modern technology wonderful?
My first apartment had it like that. Had to use the key from both sides. Never understood the reasoning behind it.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
My first apartment had it like that. Had to use the key from both sides. Never understood the reasoning behind it.
Well here in Italy almost all locks works from both sides, only the new houses have a lock that can't be opened from both sides with a single key.
It was an old tradition, now things have changed and many requires a different type of lock. :)

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Well here in Italy almost all locks works from both sides, only the new houses have a lock that can't be opened from both sides with a single key.
It was an old tradition, now things have changed and many requires a different type of lock. :)
I haven't been to Italy(Messina) in years. Even then, I only stayed in a hotel. Keycard type of locks.

Reactions: Dylan741
4.80 star(s) 378 Votes