Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
Very good start. There is little stuff here that delivers so much just in the 1 release. Will keep an eye on that one. :)

Reactions: digi.B

hashcheckin

Dec 22, 2017
This one's pretty dope. Likable characters, an MC who's kind of a dork, an obvious tattoo fetish by the dev, and a lot of good-looking women.

If I had a single criticism, it's that Cassandra is bordering on a Saturday morning cartoon villain. It'd be nice if she had some upsides as a person, to round out her undeniable bitch-mode qualities. Otherwise it looks like the MC was just tits-blind for several years straight despite everyone else in his life telling him Cassie was an asshole.

(I'm also curious how the guy with $20 to his name was paying weekly visits to a therapist, but I suppose it's the future, he's still pretty young, his mom's career military, and maybe Claire's got a thing for him.)

digi.B

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2021
This one's pretty dope. Likable characters, an MC who's kind of a dork, an obvious tattoo fetish by the dev, and a lot of good-looking women.

If I had a single criticism, it's that Cassandra is bordering on a Saturday morning cartoon villain. It'd be nice if she had some upsides as a person, to round out her undeniable bitch-mode qualities. Otherwise it looks like the MC was just tits-blind for several years straight despite everyone else in his life telling him Cassie was an asshole.

(I'm also curious how the guy with $20 to his name was paying weekly visits to a therapist, but I suppose it's the future, he's still pretty young, his mom's career military, and maybe Claire's got a thing for him.)
I love your questions! Now that all the introductions are out of the way and I've set things in motion. You guys will definitely get answers to most your questions in the coming chapter(s). Yours especially, hashcheckin

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Thanks everyone for your comments! Both critical and praise. Can't grow without the criticism!

So far there has been mention of two bugs. Both in the free roam parts. I'll be working on the fixes and get them out asap. Both that involve the second sandbox. Probably a sign I should consider, haha.
I like the game a lot but I think the fact that you made Cassie (the ex) cheat on the mc and kind of a whore leaves a bad taste to an otherwise pretty good overall game (animations, renders, etc), will see how it goes down in the next updates but I will never like a Li that has done that to anyone and even less to the mc.
Another thing that did not like much was the mc being too much of a pussy.
I guess these kinds of things put me off from adding this to my list for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Valeck and digi.B

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Wow, saw it before going to sleep that this game came out.
I felt that this game would have good reviews from the preview images.
I have to play. :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

digi.B

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2021
Thank you everyone who has played this first release of Artemis. I am so overwhelmed by the response. I truly am....

It's been years since I have worked on something this scale. Mainly because it is difficult to find help, or people really don't stay for the long run. Or just don't really put their heart into it. Which is mainly why I'm taking this on solo. Yes, it's a lot of work. But when you're creating and seeing it go from art/code to a functional thing. There is something about that-that doesn't make this feel like work. Anyways....

Thank you all for all the feedback and joining me on this journey!

cheers everyone :coffee:

digi.B

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2021
I like the game a lot but I think the fact that you made Cassie (the ex) cheat on the mc and kind of a whore leaves a bad taste to an otherwise pretty good overall game (animations, renders, etc), will see how it goes down in the next updates but I will never like a Li that has done that to anyone and even less to the mc.
Another thing that did not like much was the mc being too much of a pussy.
I guess these kinds of things put me off from adding this to my list for now.
I really like your comment. There are two Cassie scenes that I ultimately decided to cut that may have changed some perspective. But that's part of the creative process, sometimes you regret dropping something to the cutting room floor. But does make you consider how important some scenes are and how even one piece of dialogue can alter a scene completely. I'll be keeping this in mind as I write next chapters.

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017
Do I need the patch? I can't download it. I get the message from google:
This file cannot be viewed or downloaded at this time.

This file has been viewed or downloaded by too many users recently. Please try to access the file again later. If the file is particularly large or has many people accessing it, it may take up to 24 hours before you can view or download it. If you still cannot access the file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

digi.B

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2021
Do I need the patch? I can't download it. I get the message from google:
This file cannot be viewed or downloaded at this time.

This file has been viewed or downloaded by too many users recently. Please try to access the file again later. If the file is particularly large or has many people accessing it, it may take up to 24 hours before you can view or download it. If you still cannot access the file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.
If you left the mansion, you're good. It may effect you if you decide replay and hunt for the SD cards since a few of them are in the mansion. Give me a moment, let me upload the patch to another source. I should have done that to begin with.

Reactions: w_Stew

madcap46

Jun 29, 2019
Thank you everyone who has played this first release of Artemis. I am so overwhelmed by the response. I truly am....

It's been years since I have worked on something this scale. Mainly because it is difficult to find help, or people really don't stay for the long run. Or just don't really put their heart into it. Which is mainly why I'm taking this on solo. Yes, it's a lot of work. But when you're creating and seeing it go from art/code to a functional thing. There is something about that-that doesn't make this feel like work. Anyways....

Thank you all for all the feedback and joining me on this journey!

cheers everyone :coffee:
Great game , characters , story , renders and animation , keep up the great work and they will come . This game has a lot of potential to be big success . Sleeper Game that won't disappoint !

Reactions: VOYEUR

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017
If you left the mansion, you're good. It may effect you if you decide replay and hunt for the SD cards since a few of them are in the mansion. Give me a moment, let me upload the patch to another source. I should have done that to begin with.
I have not played the game yet. If the patch is important, then I'll wait for the new upload.

Reactions: digi.B

iC4v3M4n

Jul 19, 2020
Holy shit dude what introduction to a new game and so much content for a first release as well! Kinda scares me to think how long it will be for the next update if this much content is planned every time and i already want more now haha

Seriously though great stuff, everything oozes quality. A lot of great characters, interesting setting and story, beautiful renders, the music is on point and already some mighty impressive coding in ren'py. It's got it all really and i didn't encounter a single bug during the whole thing.

Best of luck with project, i'll be following this one closely!

4.80 star(s) 371 Votes