ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
I think the of the AAU mod remains criminally underused at the moment by the community.

While it is true that the visual candy of the character/pose creator has always been a major contribution to the appeal of the game, I could easily see "modules" adding emergent story-telling as a new layer of interest to significantly extend the re-playability value of the game for a population of players like me at least equally interested in the sims parts of the game.

How about gangs of vampires, wolves and hunters going at each other throats, all the while sexxing up the gallery (humans & other "lesser" beings) to maintain a facade at school ? Or countering the schemes of a mind-controlling ghost with patient and thorough detective work ? Tons of potential scenarios worth playing, really.

Does anyone know if tools are in the works to streamline the process of adding modules to existing cards ?

I'd love it for the modded game to reach the point one day where players could download cards from (or design our own), put them through some sort of "batch" that adds modules to them semi-randomly (with a system of whitelist & blacklist maybe?), load up the game and play the class thusly generated within minutes.

If no such tools exist yet, has anyone created interesting "classes" with cards that take advantage of "modules", and is willing to share them here or elsewhere ?

reyonathrow

Nov 27, 2019
Some passing questions I haven't quite nailed down:

1. Do some events cause Hate/Dislike accumulation passively, rather than via interaction (e.g. when NPC B stops to listen to your conversation with NPC A)? If so, what are these events and what are their respective effects? Lately, I've been having repeated instances of some characters developing large volumes of Dislike, and occasionally Hate as well, towards my PC while simply having standard (successful) conversations, or otherwise having all parties just kind of mind their own business (I realize the first guess would be someone spreading rumors. Alas, while I have no understanding of how those interact with character LLDH points and would love to know the specifics of how they work, that is not the point of this question. I am looking for other sources).

2. Judging based on how NPCs interact with the PC, I've fallen under the impression the PC can also have active moods even while being manually played. Do these affect interaction success rates at all? I would presume this would affect both your general interaction success rate as well as the result roll on Conversations/Activities, but I haven't really made much sense of any of it yet as I can't quite figure out a way to reliably test it.

3. What, exactly, does the "Cheater!" status do aside from enable the "warn about cheating" action (Evil characters aside)? I've never had a PC that experienced it, and from what I've seen of NPCs getting it, there hasn't really been a noticeable difference in behavior. Does it amplify LLDH gains/losses or something to that effect?

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
reyonathrow In regards to 1: I use , and it tends to be enough, although it does not deep dive into the code. For example, the "Cheater!" status you mentioned is described as:

increased chances of interrupting and competing as well as showing spontaneous physical affection and (for lower virtues) even propositioning public sex
It explains the effect, but without providing the technical info (i.e., exact numbers the min-max crowd loves).

As for 2: not that I know of. Interaction success depends on the mood (among other things) of the one being talked to, not the one initiating the interaction. In a PC < NPC interaction, you "control" the response given, so the chance is either 100% or 0% - "yes" or "no". And in a PC > NPC interaction, your mood is irrelevant because you initiated the interaction. Guessing you realized PC has moods because NPCs tried to cheer you up. Probably the ONLY way to notice it. My guess: a development choice to keep the whole class run off the same "NPC-like" code (since you can switch PCs as much as you like) instead of having to code a separate chunk exclusively for PC.

Selaena

Jan 7, 2023
Hi all.

Is there a link to the full game and mods? The links on the first page are only for AA2Mini. A tiny 1.5gb dl that has no character creation, no character choice etc.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Selaena

1. AA2Mini does have character creation. You use AA2Edit.exe instead of AA2Play.exe. The creator is NOT built into the game itself, it is a separate application. The edits you can do in-game are to existing characters and are related to clothing.

2. What do you mean by "choice"? The game has a prebuilt selection of character cards, the rest you need to either create via the editor or download off the internet (e.g., BepisDB).

3. For your own sake, do NOT use the "Mini" at all. Use instead to get the "MiniPPX". Same link has links and instructions for the popular mods. Basically, information on that page is being kept up to date. Download links in OP here are not.

Reactions: d183 and Selaena

reyonathrow

Nov 27, 2019
Using ReiEdit, is there any known way to trace any given LLDH change in ACTION_BACKLOG.HISTORY to the action that caused it?

LucioNeri

Oct 9, 2018
I need some help. Outside of character voices I have no audio. I have AA2Minippx and followed the guide.

sptkc

Feb 10, 2018
Why do my cards randomly switch clubs?
Most of the time it's either someone asked them to or that they liked someone enough in the other club. There's a module that prevent club change iirc if you don't want them to change club at all.

reyonathrow

Nov 27, 2019
Using ReiEdit, is there any known way to trace any given LLDH change in ACTION_BACKLOG.HISTORY to the action that caused it?
Okay... while I still would like an answer to the above question, to build on it, I have some additional questions about how ReiEdit reads play data.

My current understanding of this is that the user-facing attitudes a character has towards another are determined by the prior 30 interactions and their results, the LLDH changes of which being stored in ACTION_BACKLOG.HISTORY and inherited by ACTION_BACKLOG.[LLDH category]_COUNT, which is further inherited by ACTION_BACKLOG.[LLDH category]_STATUS. But what are the primary ACTION_BACKLOG field and its subsidiaries, ACTION_BACKLOG.[LLDH category]_POINTS? I see there is a comment in playdata.xml that reads, "Increases if Evaluation history is greater than 30?", and I can also see that "Evaluation" refers to EVALUATION_DATA, which I believe is the internal name for the LLDH points denoted in the various ACTION_BACKLOG fields.

What I would like to know is: Is the implication here that the POINTS fields are a kind of overflow from HISTORY? And how does this affect gameplay, if at all?

Dec 24, 2021
Can someone anyone please help "To specify the rivals you can edit the "rival" global variable. Should look something like this: Rival = "Lastname Firstname, First Last, Nickname " [PC/NPC Module" I don't understand can I please have an example I went in the global and all i seen close to that was was "sring rival = <coma-separated_rival_full_names> and I don't understand what I'm supposed to put the name of who I want their rival to be.

PluckyFuckling

Mar 27, 2018
Can someone anyone please help "To specify the rivals you can edit the "rival" global variable. Should look something like this: Rival = "Lastname Firstname, First Last, Nickname " [PC/NPC Module" I don't understand can I please have an example I went in the global and all i seen close to that was was "sring rival = <coma-separated_rival_full_names> and I don't understand what I'm supposed to put the name of who I want their rival to be.
This is the same processes for the "Crush" and Childhood Friend" modules.

1. Under the Triggers tab, click Globals.
2. Scroll to "string rival = <coma-separated_rival_full_names>", click it, then hit Edit.
3. Add variable window should pop up, click "<coma-separated_rival_full_names>". It's the one not in a box.
4. Smaller window pops up. Delete "<coma-separated_rival_full_names>"
5. Enter rivals name. If adding more than one, just separate with a comma. Then hit Add.

Should look like this: Lastname Firstname, Lastname2 Firstname2, Lastname3 Firstname3

Dec 24, 2021
This is the same processes for the "Crush" and Childhood Friend" modules.

1. Under the Triggers tab, click Globals.
2. Scroll to "string rival = <coma-separated_rival_full_names>", click it, then hit Edit.
3. Add variable window should pop up, click "<coma-separated_rival_full_names>". It's the one not in a box.
4. Smaller window pops up. Delete "<coma-separated_rival_full_names>"
5. Enter rivals name. If adding more than one, just separate with a comma. Then hit Add.

Should look like this: Lastname Firstname, Lastname2 Firstname2, Lastname3 Firstname3
Guys this guy is a Legend thanks so much for the help this worked perfectly

May 25, 2022
Found this useful video by showing how to install the harderlinker. He also include a copy of of the update version in his comments (it's the pinned one).

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes