tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
I couldn't find anything about this specific address in the thread or FAQ
That's because the specific address is useless and the error code itself is as generic as it's possible for it to get. 0xC0000005 is a memory access violation.
Make a new class with different cards. Disable modules. Does the editor work, can you edit and create cards? Do characters work in the clothes editor in game? Does a clean install of the game work? (Don't follow installation guide, just download and run the game according to instructions on page) Etc. Have more specific data points about your issue.

"they either crash on startup or at the previously mentioned loading screen"
This is badly formed information by the way because it just causes confusion. d3d9 has to crash on startup when using NVidia card on Win10/11, but if anything else crashes on startup that's another symptom of something being wrong and the way it's presented makes that unclear.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
does a save file become unplayable if PC gets killed? or does it leave the game at the state of last save/goes back to that?
If you get killed, the day is skipped (as with any murder) and you are forcibly set as another NPC (which becomes your PC). Your slot remains free, however, so you can re-instate your old PC whenever you get an opportunity (after the day ends).

• Red Heart
Reactions: thewaterdrinker

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
There's a new video/screenshots showing that you can choose 12 or 24 characters . Guess there's gonna be some duplicates in there given that there's only 12 personalities currently

Reactions: Nicorondo

Bocoboco

Jan 18, 2018
Then I hope there's enough traits to make everyone feel unique enough, I'd really like to get a look at the character creator soon.

I wonder if you have to "unlock" having 24 characters? None of the other videos and screenshots with the character screen has those two new buttons in the newest video.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I wonder if you have to "unlock" having 24 characters? None of the other videos and screenshots with the character screen has those two new buttons in the newest video.
Either that, or they hastily added that feature in when people complained about only 12. The previous video did show 24 characters in the same room though so who knows.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Either that, or they hastily added that feature in when people complained about only 12. The previous video did show 24 characters in the same room though so who knows.
Yeah I was assuming those scenes in the other previews were like randomly generated background characters or something that you couldn't really interact with because of how much they kept showing that roster select of just 12 characters.

decagem

Feb 20, 2024
There's a new video/screenshots showing that you can choose 12 or 24 characters . Guess there's gonna be some duplicates in there given that there's only 12 personalities currently
From what I understood, that is to have players create their own characters. If character creation in this game is like in Honey Come, those 12 personalities can be greatly modified with kinks and quirks.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
It's not really fair to compare new games to their modded predecessors. One would hope that it's better than vanilla AA2, and that eventually mods will bring it to new heights
*has flashbacks of playing modded Europa Universalis 3, then trying Europa Universalis 4 on release*

Reactions: Grim

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I felt the same way trying Crusader Kings III after playing CKII with all of the DLC and the Game of Thrones mod
See... the difference is, Paradox has the money and potential to make a game good, while Illusion only managed to eek out AA2. Theyre not even "remaking" AA2 in better graphics with the new game (missing features, different atmosphere, blah) the way Paradox did with EU4. EU4 upon release was bare bones. As bare bones as you could get - but it was Paradox handling it. Now? EU4, with all its DLCs and features? I dont even use mods for the game anymore its so developed/matured.

Im not holding high hopes for Illusions new game. It will be released, it will disappoint a lot of people, it might get a patch or a DLC to help it along... and Ill-games will declare bankruptcy (hopefully not).

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
See... the difference is, Paradox has the money and potential to make a game good, while Illusion only managed to eek out AA2. Theyre not even "remaking" AA2 in better graphics with the new game (missing features, different atmosphere, blah) the way Paradox did with EU4. EU4 upon release was bare bones. As bare bones as you could get - but it was Paradox handling it. Now? EU4, with all its DLCs and features? I dont even use mods for the game anymore its so developed/matured.

Im not holding high hopes for Illusions new game. It will be released, it will disappoint a lot of people, it might get a patch or a DLC to help it along... and Ill-games will declare bankruptcy (hopefully not).
I'm willing to give the game a chance before writing them off. I don't think we have enough information yet to determine how good the game will be. The alternative is clinging to AA2 for another 10 years

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes