4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
I disabled it because it was causing errors. But it gets enabled as soon as you enter an event so it's all good.
Not sure but it seems to work fine for me. Could have been something with an older version of renpy. Did you update to ver 7.4.11?

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021
This would work but since you commented on my code above the call screen empty_screen. It is probably going to cause some problems with auto and skip buttons.
Reminds me of 7.3.5 when Ren'Py Tom found a bug with how show and call worked. When he fixed the bug people started jimmy rigging all kinds of things to make show work like call when they would have saved themselves a lot of trouble by just using call. Show wasn't meant to pause the game it should just show something and move on but it did and people started using that as a feature. Call was intended to function in this way of pausing after showing something however adding a return to that makes it behave like show.

Disabling and enabling auto and skip shouldn't be necessary, ever. That could have introduced more glitches besides saves with rollback and what the user expects from flow control
tl;dr - Don't use renpy.pause with hard=True.
When True, Ren'Py may prevent the user from clicking to interrupt the pause. If the player enables skipping, the hard pause will be skipped. There may be other circumstances where the hard pause ends early or prevents Ren'Py from operating properly, these will not be treated as bugs.

ShinyDarkRai

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
Not sure but it seems to work fine for me. Could have been something with an older version of renpy. Did you update to ver 7.4.11?
No, I am using 7.4.5. It's not a good decision to update renpy in the middle of a development cycle.

Reminds me of 7.3.5 when Ren'Py Tom found a bug with how show and call worked. When he fixed the bug people started jimmy rigging all kinds of things to make show work like call when they would have saved themselves a lot of trouble by just using call. Show wasn't meant to pause the game it should just show something and move on but it did and people started using that as a feature. Call was intended to function in this way of pausing after showing something however adding a return to that makes it behave like show.

Disabling and enabling auto and skip shouldn't be necessary, ever. That could have introduced more glitches besides saves with rollback and what the user expects from flow control

well... all the hard pause is removed now so, hopefully, it works as intended.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
okay so the premise of this is good and all and some parts are even really cute/wholesome, but there's a few minor things that do kinda bug me. One: the grammar does need a once over. Another is this; when annotating the mc's name, she just refers to him as mc here. The other thing is there's really nothing that tells you if you're actually done with content. B2 says that's all for now, for the characters but does that mean that's all the content there is in general? Are there more characters I don't know about and am missing something? That I can't say. Also, if you somehow choose to do the scenes with Naomi, before Sora, it'll cause the game to crash. Just a few things I wanted to share I suppose. Also the footsteps sound effect didn't work.

Reactions: vilewe7570

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
i can't even find maki, hints say talk to maki, but i can't she's nowhere, wtf?
The school is a bit of a mess with nothing but a skeleton crew. Could have been a lot better if either your sister or friend met you at the gates and gave you a tour but...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hopefully someday ShinyDarkRai streamlines the school to remove all the empty void.

ShinyDarkRai

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
The school is a bit of a mess with nothing but a skeleton crew. Could have been a lot better if either your sister or friend met you at the gates and gave you a tour but...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hopefully someday ShinyDarkRai streamlines the school to remove all the empty void.
I'm working on that.

Last edited:

ShinyDarkRai

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
okay so the premise of this is good and all and some parts are even really cute/wholesome, but there's a few minor things that do kinda bug me. One: the grammar does need a once over. Another is this; when annotating the mc's name, she just refers to him as mc here. The other thing is there's really nothing that tells you if you're actually done with content. B2 says that's all for now, for the characters but does that mean that's all the content there is in general? Are there more characters I don't know about and am missing something? That I can't say. Also, if you somehow choose to do the scenes with Naomi, before Sora, it'll cause the game to crash. Just a few things I wanted to share I suppose. Also the footsteps sound effect didn't work.

Both of the errors have been fixed as of now. Thank you for reporting them

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Prostitution....wait, what kind of prostitution?

Do we gget to hire prostitutes? Or do some girls prostitute themselves?
Cause I'm a greedy and selfish guys who doesn't wanna share...

Or is the MC prostituting at some point?

Wait...why isn't there a game with a male MC where you play as a prostitute?
Sounds like a fun premise.

• Haha
Reactions: vilewe7570

Pezzo

MP-40 Enjoyer
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 8, 2017
Artificial Awakening [v0.8] [ShinyDarkRai] [Half-Tested]

Compressed game for Windows/Linux