VN Unity Ashes of War [Ch1.19] [CTStudio]

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes

Feebleman

Oct 18, 2019
Mega

Fixed Linux version, sorry, took my Sunday and forgot to upload the corrected version.
The problem comes from the video animations I add before the battles. For Linux I had to switch to Webm, so there is a slight loss in quality unfortunately.
I'll update tomorrow
The Mega link is broken, can I use the Mega link from the OP to get the corrected files?

Hyperhentemia

Nov 14, 2020
Great game, Finished the whole thing, I only unlocked 5 CGs, 4 of them being H scenes, I am completionist so I went back and chose some different options and nothing new showed up so I assume I got most of the H-scenes?

I liked the story, all the characters are unique and interesting, and they bounce off of each other very well. I expected this to be more"action" heavy since I found it on this site, but I understand that you are probably taking a more VN approach instead of a straight up eroge.

Which leaves the ship combat to soley carry the first half of the game gameplaywise, and honestly even though it is very bare bones. It has a surprisingly solid foundation to build upon. Improving the AI and adding more ship specific options like making fighters "evade" which takes energy but increase dodge chance can go a long way.

Also the art is very good, would like to hear more sound effects though, also thank you for not over looping BGM.
Excited for CH2
Price for freedom also has a grid based combat system which you can check out if you havent before. However I think a perfected version of a combat system for this game would look much different.

ldacombat123

Jun 6, 2022
I seem to have encountered some bug that prevents me from ending my turn in battle whether using keyboard or mouse buttons. Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
You have to hold down the end turn button for a second before it triggers. I guess to avoid accidentally misclicking it.

Reactions: CTStudio

Ukghar

Nov 10, 2022
If I may suggest something, consider adding tags like: dystopian setting, humor, pov, teasing, turn based combat, strategy, voyeurism

Substantial amount of people here are searching for games using tags. I myself would never check this game, if jufot would not put it in his list. Lacking tags is greatly limiting your exposure imo.

factyma666 is right that:
Why no strategy tag? With the interesting combat system this game is more deserving of a strategy tag than 90% of games with that tag on this site.
Rules for tags: https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2023-02-03.10394/

Some feedback
Overall story is great, but some things I found strange, debatable or I wish that it would be possible to have an alternative.

I.Strange things
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
II. Debatable things

III. Make sense, but I still would love to see an alternative

Art- odd MC’s dick. Pointed a lot. Just a reminder.

End turn button - there is info in the tutorial that you need to hold it. But it’s not highlighted enough as lots of people ask about it.

AI during battles - need improvements as pointed out a few times already. I made some mistakes and none were exploited by AI. That’s disappointing. You can keep the current level as easy or normal, but additional is highly advised. I would say that’s priority, if you want to have turn-based battles in game.

tardford

Feb 26, 2019
I.Strange things

sorry but what does a Republic really have anything to do with competency? Cliques and family clans still exist and still promote associates and allies. I havent played more than an hour or two but both factions are vague. Maybe the Republic is Roman esqe; with Patrician families etc. And maybe the Kingdom has a lot of nobles it can pick and choose for competency.

And again why should overall quality of command "improve". Sounds like the Republic is losing a lot of battles, so you might expect officers to die or desert. And maybe the Admiral (Ramierez? i forget) wasn't incompetent, maybe he just had a spell of bad luck or lacked support from high command. Maybe he was the only guy fit for the job and put in a position he cant really handle. Happens all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z3r0Sama

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
anything on the new update ?
The only thing I can say is : Soon.
I know my method was poor but I really thought I could be faster.

I mostly update on the Discord, though it's still quite sparse.

Once I finish the second part, I intend to switch on the way I do things with updates with smaller content patches.

Once again, I apologize on how slow I am, but I'm seeing the end of the tunnel.

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020

Once I finish the second part, I intend to switch on the way I do things with updates with smaller content patches.

You'll have to do "a previously..." : -)

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020

no worries as long as the game quality is good i dont mind waiting

CTStudio

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Ok, so I finally added some stuff to the game.
Problem is that it's mostly for new players rather than pure new content, but at least, I've got a base i'm more or less pleased with.

Quick overview of what was implemented
  • Re-wrote a couple of scenes already present
  • Added new character sprites
  • Added a Codex for Lore bits
  • Added a simple Map system.
  • Added new scenes
Problems:
  • CG Gallery isn' t updated.
  • There WILL be grammatical errors (any feedback is appreciated, I'll really go in depth to get rid of as many as I can this time).
  • I'm sure there's more.
  • I have halted my work on the combat system. I tried to improve on it with stuff like terrain, but my productivity on this is so slow that it hurts everything else, so for now, I'll focus on story.
As such, I do not recommend to engage with the combat system just yet. It's not polished enough IMO and I fear I'll need external help to get something decent.
  • Saves are probably not compatible.
What's next:
  • I have accumulated a decent number of assets during those last months, so I want to switch my schedule. From now on, I'll ditch the idea of going for a fully polished update, as I saw it wasn't working for me or the game.
    The goal is to get an update every two weeks. At least a scene or two.
    Given what I have already, it should be manageable.

If you've got feedback or find bugs, I invite you to report them here or on the Discord.

PS: I still have no idea if the Linux version works, as I can't test it, but given the last one worked, this one should work too...
I hope.

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes