Tir

Apr 16, 2017
I think some of the keywords should be reworded to make it clearer> Given vs gained.

e.g. Does the tin can (double buffs given<) affect Bonus exp gained? it doesn't seem so, and the bonus exp doesn't seem to land correctly as well.

so far the highest i've got Maddison to is 1k+ damage.

Also, triggering for when clothes change doesn't seem to be consistent.
When the max is reached isn't indicated (I've gotten to level 11, with the clothes not seeming to reach the final stage/scenario 3 not triggering)

brody990

Jun 11, 2017
is there an end to the loop or do you just keep going til your girls can't win any more? Also the game stops me from using spare point to add to the girls EXP after about 5 points even if i still have spare points left, don't know if thats on purpose or a bug.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
I really like the game but I really think things should be more clear with the ui. I would really suggest adding a save function because I had a good run going, had to stop for a bit and when I came back all my progress was lost.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
What, you never heard of Madoka Magica?
This game was actually initially based on boardgame I made that I called Kyubey simulator.

What's a different between difficulty? I did finish my first run at level 10 and it was hard but really fun.

Like the another comment mentioned, the tutorial is pretty bad. The Icon is cool and all but it makes intuitive reading at first glance a bit though (at least to me). The locking/freezing the shop is the worst case though; it just put a weird filter over everything and nothing else. I suggest the dev to go with the Hearthstone Battle Ground route and change the filter to blue, it might be the easiest fix. Although I already have the knowledge of what auto-battler suppose to be like so I have no problem with it at all.

I find the choice of limiting the exp buy a bit weird, maybe it's too op with Sofia?(gain extra gold/enegy) but the later level is too expensive to buy anyway. Albeit the play pattern of buying all 5 girls and doing nothing but buying exp doesn't seem to be fun for me lol, but I might be wrong on that.

Cynthia's permanent half of the buff is suppose to work with the ability doesn't work monster, right? Because of the different between fighting phase and buying phase?? IDK but that was the sole reason I won the run. That Cynthia's skill with the double the attack but set health to 1 item combo is insane.
Difficulty levels change the numbers of the monsters basically.
I limited bonus EXP per turn because not doing so led to some pretty unfun play patterns. There were situations where you wouldn't have to interact with any game systems besides that button and just press it 10+ times on one character.

Question for the dev. Will the currently patreon only girl ever be a free release? I.E. basically the patreons just getting it ahead of schedule as more girls come out.
$10 patrons get girls 2 girls early, and 5 patrons 1 girl early. So Lydia will be out for free once girl 13 releases to $10 patrons.

I think some of the keywords should be reworded to make it clearer> Given vs gained.

e.g. Does the tin can (double buffs given<) affect Bonus exp gained? it doesn't seem so, and the bonus exp doesn't seem to land correctly as well.

so far the highest i've got Maddison to is 1k+ damage.

Also, triggering for when clothes change doesn't seem to be consistent.
When the max is reached isn't indicated (I've gotten to level 11, with the clothes not seeming to reach the final stage/scenario 3 not triggering)
That item says "double the buffs I give". I always refers to the girl herself.
Clothing changes and scenes are based on the number of battles fought, not level.

is there an end to the loop or do you just keep going til your girls can't win any more? Also the game stops me from using spare point to add to the girls EXP after about 5 points even if i still have spare points left, don't know if thats on purpose or a bug.
The final boss is on round 16.

Reactions: EmeraldKhopesh

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
This game was actually initially based on boardgame I made that I called Kyubey simulator.
How about alternate enemy art to look similar enough to what Kyubey often exposes all to? I mean, something other than the usual Lovecraft sketches.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: EmeraldKhopesh

hedat

Dec 9, 2020
Cool game I like strategic aspect. Here's my 5 cents:
1. Game is rather simple but UI is unintuitive. So there is a moment when you do not know what the heck is all the buttons doing.
Examples:
1. Eldrich power number is obscure enough, so you don't even get a clue about cost of hiring characters when you do it initially.
2. Hard limit of 4 exp points that can be distributed don't mentioned anywhere. Limit of 4 is not enough for late game.
3. General theme of UI is: mild confusion. Is it an item or specific buff for a round? What happens when I pick same gril again? Why add exp button disappeared? Its all happens only during first 15 minutes of the game but it happens all at once.

Battle UI have some NUKE YOURSELF options:
Once i forgor to assist a girl to a monster and got a Gameover.
Other time I assigned 1 girl to a monster which has completely unreadable "ignores 1st attack".
Is there a point to add "world ends if monster not defeated" ifANY defeat is a Game Over?

Right now the game is heavyly focused on VN aspect and I kinda loathe the fact that you spend 5x time managing and reading scenes just to assign 5 girls, see a result and go back.

I limited bonus EXP per turn because not doing so led to some pretty unfun play patterns.
This mechanic is kinda unfun in general. There still no downside to use it unless you get character specific trait.

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
Gonna have to agree with hedat. The whole game flow needs a look back to the drawing board. By the way, the deaths from the intro scene are, as someone I met put it, boner killers (and they're female themselves). To be fair, I understand that the horror angle with it being part of a Lovecraftian setting, but the seriousness of it overpowers the possible fun for fetish play that's being attempted with the character combos, which... also sort of flows very clumsily, if at all. To see the scenes, you HAVE to click the portraits from the status screen when glowing yellow with enough relationship point milestones, but that's also both not well explained, and is also... let me just say that it is frankly tacked on, sorry. Weird to say, as that's where more than half the "lewds" comes from. Even having scenes for characters with zero chemistry kinda makes them all feel like they all have varying degrees of stuck-up and such. But yeah... it's too by the numbers, there's not enough experimentation even with relationships; nevermind the lacking game mechanics. It's practically a numbers game at the end of the day; one with a lot less depth than your previous game. Even shallow games have more fulfillment than what's currently available here.

I do have hopes for this title, still. I know your previous works, so this can all be fixed. A good starting point that I do have to also mention as needing improvements is... do work on the font scaling across the board. It's too small, even at smaller resolutions.

Last edited:

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
The game is an autobattler, you draft units and then click a button to see who wins. There's a lot of extra stuff on top this game does, but at the end of the day that's the genre. I'm not changing the basic design at all, I think it's really fun. People are free to not enjoy it, and I'm free to like playing it and expanding it.

I'm working on revamping all the tutorial systems and the ways information is presented to new players since I obviously didn't do a very good job with them. So far the biggest problems I've seen are: People not understanding what the three stats on the recruitable girls are, people not understanding what the triangle formation of symbols on the upper right do, the friendship mechanic and it's effects not being explained, not understanding what selecting a girl you already have does. I think those are the main big friction points. Are there any other major ones?

Edit: Played the tutorial again and a couple popups never happend, which probably explains some of the confusion. So fixing those will help.

Last edited:

NotthingMuch

Jan 27, 2018
The game is an autobattler, you draft units and then click a button to see who wins. There's a lot of extra stuff on top this game does, but at the end of the day that's the genre. I'm not changing the basic design at all, I think it's really fun. People are free to not enjoy it, and I'm free to like playing it and expanding it.

I'm working on revamping all the tutorial systems and the ways information is presented to new players since I obviously didn't do a very good job with them. So far the biggest problems I've seen are: People not understanding what the three stats on the recruitable girls are, people not understanding what the triangle formation of symbols on the upper right do, the friendship mechanic and it's effects not being explained, not understanding what selecting a girl you already have does. I think those are the main big friction points. Are there any other major ones?

Edit: Played the tutorial again and a couple popups never happend, which probably explains some of the confusion. So fixing those will help.
Don't worry I find the game pretty fun and I already got all the girls to form like the banner (That idea is really good.) Making the tutorial massage easier to read might go a long way; Also the monster effect is a bit hard to read.

The girl's death are super boner-killers, of which pretty suck but I guess that happen to these type of game, I understand that. (Funny how friendly Sofia's strategy is better if you just killed the girls that you don't use though.) Still, if you want to see the scene while playing the run, that would make people feel so bad lol, especially Cynthia's death sound.

The exp thing is growing on me tbh. My believe is most people will upgrade 1 girl to hell and back and might end up having the worst experience from losing. Beside there are some items that are super insane, which make rolling for items not completely useless. I don't know if there's a way to improve the UI for the girls whose ability don't improve when level up though. To me, the green number is kinda enough, but people who is smarter than me might find a way.

Ps, the description for Halloween candy thingy is so bad imo. It sounded like it suppose to give exponential 1+/1+ or make the current holder and new holder get each 1+/1+ but it just give a flat out 1+/1+ iirc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apollo Seven

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Since the tutorial is broken, both in terms of not enough information and not showing half of it, I'm going to put out a patch. I've also added some tooltips and additional information now that I have a better idea of what people don't understand easily.
Here's my changelog as of now:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If there's an important fix or improvement you think is missing, please let me know.

gesanor

Jul 15, 2020
Since the tutorial is broken, both in terms of not enough information and not showing half of it, I'm going to put out a patch. I've also added some tooltips and additional information now that I have a better idea of what people don't understand easily.
Here's my changelog as of now:
If there's an important fix or improvement you think is missing, please let me know.
These are great! The game is awesome as it is and I personally didnt think the UI was bad. Unpolished sure but definitely workable. These fixes should improve any short term complaints people might have.

I do think the early game deaths could be interesting opportunities to 'bring back' those girls as something like zombies or ghosts but really I think the problem with them is that it sort of 'cheapens' the gutwrenching moments when one of your trained girls dies. Just my two cents obviously. I do agree that it works narratively but I still think it is worth a long term revisit.

Reactions: RoughlySpecific

Hambiguity

Sep 4, 2017
I like the basic gameplay loop and the art. Well done dev!

Not sure if you're asking for feedback, but nevertheless, here goes:

Balance / Bugs:
  • Dominique seems to be a lot more powerful than Elizabeth; she has the XP boost AND her buffs are permanent, while Elizabeth's buffs are only marginally more powerful but temporary. Due to this Dominique almost seems mandatory sometimes.
  • As others mentioned, Sofia seems to be only useful if she's gotten early - of her three abilities, the Recruitment buff is almost pointless mid-late game, while the Ability Swap buff is hit-or-miss especially if you get your desired abilities early. Maybe give her a higher stat progression per level up compared to the other girls?
  • There seems to be a bug that makes the girls' stats go up like hell - I'll try to replicate it, but it looks like a combination of Elizabeth's back girl buff, Maya's Different Pets buff and Dominique's party-wide perma-buff. It feels like Maya's and Elizabeth's temp buffs stick permanently as well, maybe? Saw it - Maya's buffs seem to be permanent. Is this intended?
  • Emma is really weak during boss battles.
  • Having a high level girl die near the latter stages is crippling, and could possibly spell a Game Over since you won't be able to buff the replacement in time for the last Boss. Not sure how to address it without making the girl loss be that inconsequential. Besides, it's a short game.
Quality of Life / Nice to Haves?
  • A way to determine the number of Waves would be ideal, especially when planning just before the last few waves before the final boss.
  • Short splash pages before each phase.
  • A confirmation panel before Recruitment, Ability Switching, or Item purchase would be nice.
  • A confirmation panel when clicking Main Menu, specifying that the current run would be lost.
  • Better fonts on the Assignment screen for increased readability.
  • Info popups on hovering on some things (Like "Proceed to Battle" on the Next Button during the Preparation screen)
In-game Suggestions (just tweaking #s, moving stuff around)
  • Slow down the perma buff progression even more?
  • Maybe instead of having Dominique be the All Perma-Buffs girl, give the XP boost to someone else, or have the other supports get similar XP boost abilities as well. Consider Dominique becoming the Group Buffer, and Elizabeth becoming the Single Char Buffer, with both temporary and permanent kinds of abilities.
  • Maybe add a clause to Sofia's buffing abilities (recruitment / ability swapping) that it effects Sofia as well?
  • At some point (maybe halfway), introduce stronger versions of the "basic" items with higher prices. Also maybe increase the selection from one to two at that point?
  • The enemy ability "Attacks the Back girl" is weak, unless there's a special feature for some of the monster's abilities to be hidden, and only revealed once the battle starts.
  • Move the exclamation marks indicators of new scenes from the middle of the girls' faces to the lower right, like how new message notifications work nowadays.
Future development suggestions (the ones that may need a lot of work)

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021
Love what going on so far.
Was hoping for some QOL:
Given how final boss is always on round 16 & miniboss are also consistent, a road map on the top or bottom of the screen would be greatly appreciate. Unless that what
Added a turn counter to the recruit scene
suppose to mean.

Idea if there are random non-fight event planning

QwertyBam

Aug 5, 2016

Besides a few trivial bugs, there's basically nothing wrong with the game. The only problem I personally encountered was not realizing there's a turn limit.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
AtTheMountainsOfFriendship-1.0.1
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.

We're doing a funding run! !​

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Can't speed it up, can not save.....

this kills anything good about this
You can speed battles up. If you go into the settings and use the turn off voice acting option, it'll skip all the pauses that are there for voice lines to play out making battle go much faster.

4.00 star(s) 22 Votes