Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
As always, there is of course a limit, I really do understand that. Little is more annoying than having grand plans just to get stopped by ability or resources. I just really think it would be good for everyone if something different happens. To liberate/subjugate a town (depending on the route of course), to improve your godly/demonic abilities, to discover what other places and artifacts the gods left. I think the largest complaint I have about the game is that it has become really linear. In the first chapter you did several things, you took lessons, you went up mountains, you studied magic in secret et cetera et cetera. Recently it has felt like everything is in a loop, you find a girl, you sex a girl, you bring a girl to the tower, you fight and absorb a devil. The linear story and the apperent lore and size of the world does not seem to match up, the mc should have more than one ball in the air. Maybe establishing himself in the "guardian" village, they are extremely loyal yet he has done nothing with them. Here a good aligment choice could be made whether he wants to be treated as a god or as a friend, a choice I thought would be avalible with the guardian girl.
There is a war going on, maybe a mission to create an army loyal to the MC. Few characters are purely loyal to the MC, he could try summoning demons, recruiting townsfolk, calling or maybe even ruling over some elves (if one picked the lord option). Bredita summons her army of dead, the grandmaster (forgot the name) has her academy, the elven queen have her kingdom, the MC should recognize the necessity of at least a small personal army.

I do apologize if I have sounded overly critical in this or the last post, text is tone deaf. This game was one of the first if not the first I downloaded from this website, I really wish to see it shine. Thank you for actually responding, and pleasantly at that. It is hard hearing criticism, I myself am way to proud to not at least be a little irritated when I get it. Though I do get happy whenever I see a creator being able to respond to such criticism with an open mind.
First, no apologize is needed. You gave your ideas and spoke your mind, and I didn't felt it was disrespectful, so it's great and it helps me see things with different eyes and maybe even steal... I mean.. Get inspired by some of them :p

You have mentioned a few things that are on my plans, ( No I won't tell which ones ) that's why timing is important. If there is an update in the elves kingdom, people ask for orcs, if there is orcs people ask for vampires, if I'm trying to advance the main story people ask for side stuff... Etc etc... You get my idea... ( I hope)

I do thank you for speaking your mind, and if you are being respectful and truly trying to help, never apologize for speaking what you thing and feel, that's how we improve.

Thanks! These look great.
Wish I could have seen them all in the game with my playthrough, but I still appreciate you providing the pics

Just wanted to ask;

Are there any plans to return to places where MC ventured before?
For instance, it does feel like Ryo and her Kingdom's arc is coming soon so that we'll likely see our MC return to her kingdom, though I am kinda wondering if we'll have our MC return to the Dark Elf kingdom (of Mistress Silvana and her sister, the Dark Elf Queen).
Seems like it's been quite a while since our MC's last visit (back in Act 1).

Also, while we've had our MC explore several places in Ataegina, it does leave me wondering whether there are still much unexplored/yet to be discovered territories to be explored (new islands? Not so well known part of a continent?) :unsure:
If you want, I can make you a quick "MOD" to choose what vision you want to see while speaking with Ataegina regardless of your choices, of course it won't make sense storywise but you will be able to see them all.

I don't usually reveal what I'll do, but I can tell you that the ones you mentioned will appear again. New places, maybe, but if there is a "world map" you'll have to wait and see.

Kthulian - It's always pleasant to see devs interacting with their fanbase and handling criticisms with stride. It's rare that a dev actively tries to improve from the feedback given as it can feel like you're no longer in control of the direction of your game.

I've been lurking in this thread for about a week as I've been slowly working my way through the story, at least up until where the current update is. It's been difficult for me to get a gauge on how I feel about this game overall because my opinions have fluctuated wildly since the beginning, but I'll at least list out a few of the key ones the best I can:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Apologies for what is essentially a wall of text hidden behind that spoiler tag... However, you should take it as a good sign that I thoroughly enjoyed what you've released so far and want to see you continue improving with each new release. Medieval fantasy style VNs are plentiful on this forum, but so few have the care and attention given to them on the level that your VN has.

Keep up the great work!
No apologies needed, I like to read what others have to say, and when it's well structured, it makes sense and is truly and atempt to help *Chef's kiss*. Also, if we don't speak with others and try to understand each other how are we supposed to learn?

The changes you see from Act I to Act II and even inside each act are fruit of my experience and interating with the players, people don't like sandbox, let's reduce it a bit, people want an improved battle system, let's do it... Then there are people who want the opposite... o_O

I like Desert Stalker, one of the few games I play in my almost inexistent free time .

Cheers! And thank you all.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Hmm, that's weird. Could be a bug, mind sharing your save game with me?
Okay, so, it seems that someone else that totally isn't me may have used a save editor and played around with relationship points at various points in the game.

It looks like they heard I like Fannay and dabbled with points to get the threesome with Mida but for some reason they added too many points which kept her at the top of the future view list.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Okay, so, it seems that someone else that totally isn't me may have used a save editor and played around with relationship points at various points in the game.

It looks like they heard I like Fannay and dabbled with points to get the threesome with Mida but for some reason they added too many points which kept her at the top of the future view list.
i'll give a hint, redhair. :p

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
The changes you see from Act I to Act II and even inside each act are fruit of my experience and interating with the players, people don't like sandbox, let's reduce it a bit, people want an improved battle system, let's do it... Then there are people who want the opposite... o_O
It wasn't until recently when speaking in depth with a veteran writer of the gaming industry that I learned how involved creating a story is. It's helped by giving me a vastly improved perspective when analyzing the works of over developers, and it helped me quickly pick up on some of the subtle changes you made. To put it simply, the way you've structured your story reveals to me that you have the skills/experience in crafting a fulfilling story.

I also would like to mention that the depth of each of the characters has dramatically improved, even for some of the villains. Despite the general tone behind characters such as Liliana and Fannay, they're easier to empathize with as we spend more time with them. To further add, the recent update has shown that they're more complex in their emotions rather than the impressions we had through all of Act I that they're stereotypical "sluts". You turned flat, unattractive (in the emotional sense) characters into unique personalities that I genuinely want to help regardless of their moral alignment.

The best stories are the product of passion and joy. While criticism can be a valuable tool it can also inhibit the quality of a story as you try to adapt it to a different audience than what you initially attracted. Write the story you want to tell, and I'm confident that the end result will be something all of us here will love.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kthulian and *Ra

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
If you want, I can make you a quick "MOD" to choose what vision you want to see while speaking with Ataegina regardless of your choices, of course it won't make sense storywise but you will be able to see them all.

I don't usually reveal what I'll do, but I can tell you that the ones you mentioned will appear again. New places, maybe, but if there is a "world map" you'll have to wait and see.
If you wouldn't mind doing that "MOD" then I'd appreciate it.
Hmmm...... in terms of making sense storywise, my canon playthrough is good alignment, so I'd imagine in terms of compatibility with that story path, Mida, Isabella, Ryo visions together could be compatible (unless somewhere down the line MC is forced to make a choice of just one girl within his harem) but contradicts any evil alignment paths.

Heh, me being greedy wish you would have included Ayna & Katriona visions as well :HideThePain: (having said that, is criteria for visions being LI's love/lust points = maxed? In my current save, Mida, Isa, Ryo's LPs are maxed at 9, whereas Ayna's LP is 5, and Kat is 8 [I'm on Ayna route, between the Ayna or Bredita choice]).

Reactions: Kthulian

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
It wasn't until recently when speaking in depth with a veteran writer of the gaming industry that I learned how involved creating a story is. It's helped by giving me a vastly improved perspective when analyzing the works of over developers, and it helped me quickly pick up on some of the subtle changes you made. To put it simply, the way you've structured your story reveals to me that you have the skills/experience in crafting a fulfilling story.

I also would like to mention that the depth of each of the characters has dramatically improved, even for some of the villains. Despite the general tone behind characters such as Liliana and Fannay, they're easier to empathize with as we spend more time with them. To further add, the recent update has shown that they're more complex in their emotions rather than the impressions we had through all of Act I that they're stereotypical "sluts". You turned flat, unattractive (in the emotional sense) characters into unique personalities that I genuinely want to help regardless of their moral alignment.

The best stories are the product of passion and joy. While criticism can be a valuable tool it can also inhibit the quality of a story as you try to adapt it to a different audience than what you initially attracted. Write the story you want to tell, and I'm confident that the end result will be something all of us here will love.
Thank you for your words, always nice to read them.

For me, the big issue with development is time, since I decided to release the game by stages there's limits to what I can do each time, so there are going to be certain characters and situations that will take some months before they are addressed.

The nice thing about it, is that I can see the player reactions to each update and try to improve for the next instead of releasing a completed game with no chance to improve.

If you wouldn't mind doing that "MOD" then I'd appreciate it.
Hmmm...... in terms of making sense storywise, my canon playthrough is good alignment, so I'd imagine in terms of compatibility with that story path, Mida, Isabella, Ryo visions together could be compatible (unless somewhere down the line MC is forced to make a choice of just one girl within his harem) but contradicts any evil alignment paths.

Heh, me being greedy wish you would have included Ayna & Katriona visions as well :HideThePain: (having said that, is criteria for visions being LI's love/lust points = maxed? In my current save, Mida, Isa, Ryo's LPs are maxed at 9, whereas Ayna's LP is 5, and Kat is 8 [I'm on Ayna route, between the Ayna or Bredita choice]).
Done ;)

That choice is added to the conversation with Ataegina.
mod.jpg

Decompress the files and place them in the \game folder, overwrite when asked.

Enjoy

PS: Yes, the visions are also based on current relationship points but not only, things like submission to Bredita or Dominance over Liliana, things like Ryo father being alive or not, your karma... etc Those are the things that change the outcome of the visions.

Developer,
Could you add an option to change the dialogue font size ??
Kthulian
That's actually not a bad idea... I have to consider the maximum sizes though or it will break the text boxes... :unsure:

Last edited:

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
I think I found a scammer, look at this post from his patreon!!

Here are the links for the new version.

I hope you enjoy!!!

Changelog:

Fixed some bugs
New sex scenes
Android version now has font size customization

PS: As usual, any issues you find let me know.

Gerfenikss

Dec 24, 2017
I think I found a scammer, look at this post from his patreon!!

Here are the links for the new version.

I hope you enjoy!!!

Ataegina Act II V0.8.5 Android the66

Changelog:

Fixed some bugs
New sex scenes
Android version now has font size customization

V0.5 MacOS

V0.5 Android (the66)

PS: As usual, any issues you find let me know.
baby-scream.gif
Hail Kthulian the scammer!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well duh, ofc there is sex dungeon, only it's location is unknown.

4.10 star(s) 174 Votes