smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
I had to kill 2 of them, nasty creatures by the way, i hate bugs, made me remind of skyrim days when i was just chilling in some tombs and them you were surrounded by those nasty bugs.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Hey guys forgot to ask, how many frost spiders did you had to kill to reach the mountains?
Just to see who's unlucky :p
On one play through I had to kill 3, on a second go round I got through the forest and up the Mountain without fighting a single one.

I was impressed that they actually had a weakness to fire, it's nice to know you'll have some enemy weaknesses like that. Couldn't find a weakness for the Vampires, so I'm going to assume there wasn't one.

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
I was impressed that they actually had a weakness to fire, it's nice to know you'll have some enemy weaknesses like that. Couldn't find a weakness for the Vampires, so I'm going to assume there wasn't one.
Indeed, vampires don't have a weakness yet... I mean they have, but none of the "available" spells.

I only had to kill 1,and it was a total dweeb :p
Yeah... You have fire and Isabella no frosty spider stands a chance.

I am the spiders... But I killed 5 of them just for the fun
Oh shit....

So you are the spiders your grace...humm i wonder if..., frost spiders+ king Bran, someone please bring dragonglass, i think we are about to have a Night King problem all over again
Shoot him!! Shoot him already!

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
I think I remembered at least 1. Easy with lvl 6 Fireball.
When I replayed with a save today (starting in the village), no spider showed up. Quit and loaded again, same thing.
(pity, I wanted to kill another few).
Vampires were also easily killed (light and fire should be their weakness).

Although the combat system is good imo, I guess it is much to easy. May be you could add a second difficulty level for combats.

It could also be usefull to see in advance, how much magic a spell is going to use up and how much damage it will do (with transparency).

wildt

Donor
Sep 2, 2018
I didn't see any spiders. Fire and sunlight is a vampires weakness . If you don't believe me just ask Serena she never did like me using my fire breath. Killed her father with sun hallowed arrows. :D

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Finished neutral path v0.2.6n. I am really thrilled and shaken. How can a game /visual novel be such good…

Now some critic, constructive of course:

Played from very beginning, tried to remain neutral but did not really succeed. For saving the girl in the wood I got +2 alignment points.

Alternative would be: running away from the bear (and learn about necro in the hut after that - incidentally). That's not being evil, that’s being a coward.

Honestly, evil would be to kill the bear bravely and rape the unconscious girl. Finding the necro-hut after that and use the new skills on the dead girl.

Helping the shopkeeper in the city was very important (for the story, for my mage skills and for my gold).
So that’s another +1 I cannot avoid. At least I had a chance to be a little evil, when I stole the gold in the shops basement.
So I had (+5-1=) +4 points after that.

To experience the neutral path I had to choose to continue with 0 points (happily, because I liked to go with Isabella very much).
But still it feels for me more like cheating. I rather would like to keep the neutral status by myself - through the story.

What I like is that one has to choose between good and evil attitude and actions. But why does one have to be "half evil" to be able to be with Isabella and hunt the evil demons and devils. I see the demon hunters more on a good side, while hunting the evil demons. Not necessarily the same good side as the mages, but still a good one.

I can think of a concept, where the demon hunters have their own dimension where they grow (brave, physically strong, demon-protected). That means, MC could collect

1) evil alignment points,
2) light ones (mages, good), and/or
3) "demon hunter" points (DH., good).

MC could have light points and also DH points at the same time, but should not have evil points (DH with evil points switches to the dark side, loses the DH ability and will be a demon him/herself).

There would not be a need for a neutral status any more. -1 is evil, 0 is not.

MC is following the archmage when - - - ->light points< are more than >DH points<,

He follows Isabella when - - - - - - - - - - ->DH points< are more than >light points<

He follows Bredita when - - - - - - - - - - - >evil points< are more than >light points< (negative alignment).

Just my thoughts ( very early in the morning).
Not sure how you ended up with +4 alignment, but I saved the girl in the forest as well and ended up with a 0. The game still considered me neutral, so after the ship attack, I woke up in the Demon Hunters' camp.
  • I let the Slayer captain abuse my mom in the dream (-1)
  • I apologized to the angel in the next dream (+1)
  • I learned magic so nobody can tell me what to do (+0)
  • When my colleague was attacked by a bear, I used ironskin on myself and flames to scare the bear (+0)
  • I started dating Mida because I'm a guy and I like to bang girls (+0)
    Alternately, you can use Mida for your own purposes (-1, and starts her on the corruption path).
  • I don't really care about other races; I let them do what they want (+0)
  • I saved the girl from the bear (+2)
  • I helped the shop keeper (+1)
  • I stole money from the basement (-1)
  • I threatened the barkeep aggressively (-1)
  • Let the demon in the burning village go (-1)
I feel differently about leaving the girl to be eaten by the bear. If you know someone is in danger but don't help them, yes, that's cowardice. But cowardice is just a variety of selfishness (can't be bothered, my life is worth more than theirs, etc.), imho. And acting selfishly is an act of evil. (Irl I wouldn't call someone out as evil for small acts of selfishness — everyone has them — but for alignment purposes in a game, I definitely think this should be an evil alignment shift.)

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Hi Cookiemonster,
well done I guess. You tried and found out a lot. I like your efforts. Have to confess that I have overseen some chances to be evil or selfish (agression to barkeeper). Let mom get raped was a no go for me :(

"Let the demon go" happens when MC is already with Isabella afair.

So I have to admit, that it is not too difficult to end up neutral (<+3) and with Isabella.

[Question to Kthulian: If one goes with Isabella and collect lots of good points will he stay with her?]

What I do not like is the thought that it is a necessity to be selfish and often enough evil to qualify as a demon hunter. That I have to look out for chances to be selfish and evil, and to avoid to be too good.

Ok I can work with it, if dev decides to let it be like this (may be with neutrality going up to +4 alignment).

But still I would prefer if a DH is free to be as good as wanted (if he/she wants) and be allowed to have +10 alignment and more. There could be a dream, and MC has to decide if he wants to follow Anja or this familiar and beautiful looking DH girl.

papsuken

Jun 2, 2017
Hi Cookiemonster,
well done I guess. You tried and found out a lot. I like your efforts. Have to confess that I have overseen some chances to be evil or selfish (agression to barkeeper). Let mom get raped was a no go for me :(

"Let the demon go" happens when MC is already with Isabella afair.

So I have to admit, that it is not too difficult to end up neutral (<+3) and with Isabella.

[Question to Kthulian: If one goes with Isabella and collect lots of good points will he stay with her?]

What I do not like is the thought that it is a necessity to be selfish and often enough evil to qualify as a demon hunter. That I have to look out for chances to be selfish and evil, and to avoid to be too good.

Ok I can work with it, if dev decides to let it be like this (may be with neutrality going up to +4 alignment).

But still I would prefer if a DH is free to be as good as wanted (if he/she wants) and be allowed to have +10 alignment and more. There could be a dream, and MC has to decide if he wants to follow Anja or this familiar and beautiful looking DH girl.
Kthulian mentioned that the alignment/path doesn't lock content with any girl just makes it different I guess... During this update you can clearly see that Isabella is a good person I doubt that doing good deeds will turn her away, what I wonder is what happens if you do bad deeds...

Reactions: Kthulian and Rolo

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Kthulian mentioned that the alignment/path doesn't lock content with any girl just makes it different I guess... During this update you can clearly see that Isabella is a good person I doubt that doing good deeds will turn her away, what I wonder is what happens if you do bad deeds...
I agree. In fact, one option you have once you're already with her is whether or not to agree to help the village with their vampire problem. If you speak up, you get +1 alignment. If you let Isabella speak up, you still agree to help. Since the same choice increases your goodness when you make it, clearly she chooses good actions herself, at least sometimes.

Btw, I don't think the Demon Hunters being on the neutral story path means they themselves are actually neutral. I think it just means that your actions, being different, result in a different outcome. For instance, it could be that when you're good it's easier for Ayna to detect your presence in the aftermath of the battle with Adamastor, but if you're neutral she doesn't sense your presence, so you remain floating on flotsam until Isabella happens to see you. Or, maybe Ayna did know you were there, but she was disappointed in you and wasn't sure if she should bring you back to the school.

(Good catch, Rolo. I wasn't paying enough attention, so I included letting the demon go. Whoops. Hehe.)

As you point out, there are rough choices to keep the balance between goodness and villainy, and some of them are unpalatable. (The only reason I was able to get myself to choose the mom rape dream was because it was, in fact, a dream. I hated having it happen, but I managed it by telling myself it was only a dream. But I still felt crappy after making that choice, definitely.)

Last edited:
May 23, 2019
All this talk about good and evil can be seen as subjective, what is good or evil?
Is poisoning someone, evil? Yes? What if that person is a mass murderer? Is it still an evil deed to kill her? Yes Daenerys I'm talking about you ...
Is punishing someone who betrayed you evil? Just? Yes Varys I'm talking about you.

Does a small act of evil justifies a greater good? It's all perspectives and opinions.

Now someone push my wheelchair back to my throne room I have some spying to do

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
All this talk about good and evil can be seen as subjective, what is good or evil?
Does a small act of evil justifies a greater good? It's all perspectives and opinions.
To set someone to limitations and put him in his place is not a thing of good or evil or selfishness, it is just a necessity (unless one is a "flower").

But to kill someone without necessity, only because of hurt ego a/o revenge, that is bad or explicit selfish imo (I consider being purposely selfish already as slightly evil).

Artur12345

Jun 29, 2017
To set someone to limitations and put him in his place is not a thing of good or evil or selfishness, it is just a necessity (unless one is a "flower").

But to kill someone without necessity, only because of hurt ego a/o revenge, that is bad or explicit selfish imo (I consider being purposely selfish already as slightly evil).
So if the mc happen to utterly destroy the slayers down the last man what will it be? He woud have blood of ten thousends on his hand but all other race would hail him as hero. Light and dark are meaningles use what you have to get what a mage desire.

4.20 star(s) 168 Votes