3.10 star(s) 20 Votes

goatwhisperer3

Jul 22, 2017
i agree, but you have problems to satisfy your patrons wishes this way
i dont think anyone can trule be happy with inbalanced updates like this (the exact same happened to BB in the beginning, when eric got all the content. the result was that the mod is (imo) far superior to the original game, because it instantly got rid of the distraction/late game optional expansion and brought focus on the MC.

instead of asking the patreons "what route should i work on next - answer in this poll with 20options" and in the end dissapoint all of them one by one, show them u have an actual plan for the game. Tell them "I will work on this path, since i know how the story should evolve. Other paths will follow later, u may want to pledge at this later point if the current path isnt in your interest" and let them only influence that specific path with their suggestions for fetishes/scenes/characters whatever

would be common sense.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
the Avatar from Reese is from The Princess of Zunuria by serpensoldier but looks similar to Samus Aran indeed Check it. it's nice :)
Thanks,btw which video is your signature?

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Patrons are supposed to be those who decided to support a creator because they like what the creator is working on. If a Patron doesn't like what they are creating, why are they supporting them in first place?

I personally wouldn't make changes or add themes I really don't care for to hold onto a Patron(s). They are free to leave. I would rather have Patrons who enjoy what I want to make.
but not many devs on patreon make their games just for the game's sake or the art itself
they wanna make money, unfortunately

skullker

Sep 29, 2017
I can't say one way or another if what I'm about to say has any bearing on the use of NTR in this particular visual novel/game...

That being said, I believe a lot of the times nowadays, author/s and developer/s want to add some sort of depth to their overall story by adding in some form of drama and sometimes the ever so hated melodrama... And either due to lack of creativity or perhaps the desire to copy a format sometimes found in Hentai drama, they decide to add the NTR stuff as the easiest path of adding said drama... Problem is, if they would only look at NTR's history, it is one of the most disliked forms of drama in an erotic/adult visual novel/game, to date...

Now, sometimes you do run into VN/Games where an author handles it with more care, either by having it not last long at all, or very easily remedied and/or avoided through quick choices... But a majority of the time, when it is used, it is used in a wrong way... Either requiring far too much game play and too many choices to be made, prior to it's departure, or having it play a major role throughout the entire play through...

I wouldn't necessarily proclaim it is becoming a popular form of drama, as it is more of a notorious drama plot point, that gets a little over used on occasion, due to either it's mishandling or the misinformed concept that it is in any way a popular fetish... It is very much a minority desire, especially in erotic/adult Visual Novels/Games... Because it causes stress, tension, frustration, anger, sadness, and so on, which are all volatile and negative emotions...

There are SO MANY more ways to add in bits of drama besides going the NTR route... And if a author/developer really has the need to include it, then it really needs to be handled with more care and due diligence, so as not to ruin the story for the majority of readers/players... And just having an option to turn it on or off, albeit a nicety to have, doesn't always work properly... Again, comes down to how it's handled...
Well said! Honestly it seems more and more developers seem to add this fetish for 2 reasons:
The voices of a loud minority, who scream for NTR-content and are rather rabidly defending it. They also tend to be rather agressive towards people who dislike this form of content. Not that this is bad in and of itself, as the haters can be just as bad if not worse.
The second reason is simply the popularity of 2 or 3 NTR heavy games. The once that come to mind are BB and the Tyrant. Those 2 are liked by many people and I think a lot of creators try to cash in on their success. But fail miserably, for the obvious reasons of half baked implementation and betraying their original concept and the fanbase that supported the game because of it`s original idea/direction.

Reactions: Drafox

goatwhisperer3

Jul 22, 2017
That being said, I believe a lot of the times nowadays, author/s and developer/s want to add some sort of depth to their overall story by adding in some form of drama and sometimes the ever so hated melodrama... And either due to lack of creativity or perhaps the desire to copy a format sometimes found in Hentai drama, they decide to add the NTR stuff as the easiest path of adding said drama

yup. they lack of consistent and depth characters. its far easier to write "this story will have complex characters" on the frontpage of ur patreon than actually providing such characters. and since like 75% of the girls in all those games are superficial stereotypes the challenge cant be done by making it hard to obtain the girl itself, since she is already a simple mindless hollow with an on/off trigger for hornyness (cause of the poor writing).
The only way to make it hard to get the girl is by adding some sort of obstacle from outside the relationship to switch the focus on that. A douchebag character that uses plotarmor to progress faster than MC and create the illusion of an actual challenge.

devs should start to make it harder to get the girl because of the girl. The thing that is holding the love interest back from fucking MCs brain out at first sight should be (apart from common sense), that he first has to gain her interest/trust/love/lust whatever, not the fact that she is too busy with other dicks and then suddenly falls for him.

Even for gamelogic "yea im dating this girl right now, i hope we get into a real relationship soon. Her standards are super low, all i have to do is get rid of this guy she is fucking all day long." sounds odd ( ' - ')

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Overall I quite like this and on a sensible (for me) playthrough I would limit what David can do, things like <shock horror> spending the weekend with his wife :OhMyGoodness:.

I've done a playthrough giving him everything and it just doesn't do it for me. She has been coerced into the relationship and though she says and may enjoy it, there is no reason to switch of to the MC quite as hard and fast as she does. Activity round the house would be limited because of Ala and David would probably try harder to cover he's enjoying his weekend.

Also what has happened to Charlotte? I kept looking for an email from her with an update after she said she would try and find out what happened. I hope this doesn't indicate a future of loose threads.

There are a some images indicating other paths that I need to explore yet.

What would be awsome would be a good female writer doing a Tasha path, but there aren't many out there.

Reactions: Rroarr

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
I haven't encountered the first pic, but the last two are definitely there.

I enjoyed the content this update. Only small complaint is that I would've liked some more Alex/Tasha as well.
The 1st is also in there, though I have yet to encounter the 2nd and 3rd...

Reactions: Xaiouto

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Yeah you could choose to hand over Tasha to David and go for Charlotte instead. It was a nice scene too. Too bad i deleted the old versions :(
You need old version?Like 0.5

BTW will be awesome if we get his image in the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Well said! Honestly it seems more and more developers seem to add this fetish for 2 reasons:
The voices of a loud minority, who scream for NTR-content and are rather rabidly defending it. They also tend to be rather agressive towards people who dislike this form of content. Not that this is bad in and of itself, as the haters can be just as bad if not worse.
The second reason is simply the popularity of 2 or 3 NTR heavy games. The once that come to mind are BB and the Tyrant. Those 2 are liked by many people and I think a lot of creators try to cash in on their success. But fail miserably, for the obvious reasons of half baked implementation and betraying their original concept and the fanbase that supported the game because of it`s original idea/direction.
The aggressiveness either can be due to cultural miscommunication, or due to the fact that these visual novels/games are erotic/sex based, which sometimes draws in a immature crowd of folks, who may feel their needs take precedence over the majority of readers/players needs... You also do not hear from a majority of players/readers that often, on sites like these, or even on the patron websites...

Funny thing is, not that I want to directly point to specific games like BB, even though the game is downloaded a lot and has a lot of fans, that doesn't necessarily mean it is popular for the NTR inclusion... Popularity also does not directly translate to successful, especially when it is still in development... In particular, I don't mind BB outside of the Eric NTR crap storm that you are forced to deal with, as a non-patron... So in part I don't mind BB, and in part I hate BB... It's a mixed bag... And some of the other bigger presence games that include NTR, also don't necessarily focus on it, or make it difficult to avoid or stop... Personally I don't play BB anymore, because of it's high use of NTR... But lets not let this thread digress into a BB discussion, like I've seen in other threads...

I do find it fairly funny, that even when a popular or successful visual novel/game has some sort of inclusion of NTR, that does not mean a newly developed VN/Game needs to have it, in order to be just as popular or successful... That is a just a false assumption made on the part of a author/developer to feel it's inclusion guarantees either...

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
the Avatar from Reese is from The Princess of Zunuria by serpensoldier but looks similar to Samus Aran indeed Check it. it's nice :)
Ty Rroarr, I could not remember the name and did not feel like digging through my f95 download file to find it. Looking forward to the next release.

Reactions: Rroarr

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
but not many devs on patreon make their games just for the game's sake or the art itself
they wanna make money, unfortunately
Alas, that is a major dilemma of current times with regards to erotic/adult visual novels/games... It is far to easy to abuse the system... I've spoken about this in other threads, as a gold rush effect... Everyone wants to jump on the cash band wagon, even when they have no talent or passion for the art... Same thing happens with streamers on sites like Twitch... You get a high influx of horrible streamers wanting to cash in on the streaming gold rush... Because a lot of streamers use donation sites that allow the same subscription formats that sites like the patron websites do... FYI, there are more patron websites then just Patreon... Patreon just had the misfortune of failing to have more rules in place to handle adult/erotic themed art and projects... Which they are now having to back peddle and fix...

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
i dont think anyone can trule be happy with inbalanced updates like this (the exact same happened to BB in the beginning, when eric got all the content. the result was that the mod is (imo) far superior to the original game, because it instantly got rid of the distraction/late game optional expansion and brought focus on the MC.

instead of asking the patreons "what route should i work on next - answer in this poll with 20options" and in the end dissapoint all of them one by one, show them u have an actual plan for the game. Tell them "I will work on this path, since i know how the story should evolve. Other paths will follow later, u may want to pledge at this later point if the current path isnt in your interest" and let them only influence that specific path with their suggestions for fetishes/scenes/characters whatever

would be common sense.
True, BB is imho unplayable w/o the Mods. I kicked Erics ass to the curb long ago.

Goobercreek

Aug 6, 2016
As an on-again, off-again Patron for this game, the amount of misinformation going on in this thread over the last few days is pretty staggering. As somebody who has read the discussions with Patrons on his page, I think I need to clear some stuff up.

1. The Dev does not hate Alex/prefers David
This is some weird rumor that gets floated around here a lot, and is 100% off-base. The creator himself actually wanted to drop the David story line to focus on Alex. See:
The Patrons themselves (you know, the ones paying for it) were against this, saying that the David path was far more interesting than the run-of-the-mill HGame MC. A poll was then run, asking what his Patreons thought.
As we can see, keeping David in the game was what the majority of Patreons wanted (at least for the time). The obvious solution to people losing their minds over David x Tasha is to pony up some cash and have your voice mean something. This leads me on to my second point...

2. This is not a large Patreon.
I mean, come one guys, we can see how much the dev is making, how many Patrons he has, and what his realistic goals are.
The guy is still working (full time as far as I can see) with nowhere near enough money to release large, stable builds every month. The fact that he is releasing a build every month at all is pretty impressive, especially as this money is split among two people. Again, if you want the game to be something closer to your own taste, there's a really easy way to have your voice heard. With as few backers as he has, you can't really blame him for wanting to keep them on board. The Tasha x Alex path hasn't been dropped, the dev can only put so much into each build, and having 2 storylines that don't overlap too much is the easiest way to make these games and get monthly builds out.

3. NTR/Cuckoldry
Most of us have been here long enough to see what happens to a thread once NTRWars:Attack of the Drones begin. Nobody leaves those things happy, so let's not start that shit here, ok? This one is just personal opinion I guess, but it's still something that needs to be said. THE DAVID PATH IS NOT AN ATTACK ON YOUR MASCULINITY. There are a lot of people who seem to take it personally whenever any second male character may receive a HPath in these games, and every fucking thread has these 100 page flame wars over it. For others, they enjoy the voyeurism/cuckoldry aspects, and more power to them. On another side altogether (myself included for disclosure,) you have people who don't have a deep emotional connection to the characters or self-insert at all, and just enjoy something different from Teenage Mutant Magic Penis games where the teen MC fucks everything that moves by clicking enough. In fact, for most of the dev's Patrons, the David Path/conflict with Alex is why they are subbing in the first place. For example:

TLDR;
A lot of wrong shit is being said, and I don't want another NTRWars clusterfuck ruining another thread. If you want to see something different out of this game, give the dev a reason to listen to you.

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
And another thing....
What happened last year? David has a history that Ala knows about and seems scared of (take her to the cottage), it would be nice to know what (if any) plans the dev has for that thread. I could be spending the weekend with Alex a lot more...

Heitcaho

Jul 16, 2017
Yup the main crux of this problem is that the people who like ntr and the people who don't can't really all be satisfied and if his patrons want the David content and they did win the vote then more power to them. I am not one who wanted it and sadly I didn't catch the poll when it was up, but oh well, if they enjoy it good, but for me Im out as its not something I want to support any longer.

Reactions: Reese286

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
As an on-again, off-again Patron for this game, the amount of misinformation going on in this thread over the last few days is pretty staggering. As somebody who has read the discussions with Patrons on his page, I think I need to clear some stuff up.

1. The Dev does not hate Alex/prefers David
This is some weird rumor that gets floated around here a lot, and is 100% off-base. The creator himself actually wanted to drop the David story line to focus on Alex.

The Patrons themselves (you know, the ones paying for it) were against this, saying that the David path was far more interesting than the run-of-the-mill HGame MC. A poll was then run, asking what his Patreons thought.

As we can see, keeping David in the game was what the majority of Patreons wanted (at least for the time). The obvious solution to people losing their minds over David x Tasha is to pony up some cash and have your voice mean something. This leads me on to my second point...

2. This is not a large Patreon.
I mean, come one guys, we can see how much the dev is making, how many Patrons he has, and what his realistic goals are.

The guy is still working (full time as far as I can see) with nowhere near enough money to release large, stable builds every month. The fact that he is releasing a build every month at all is pretty impressive, especially as this money is split among two people. Again, if you want the game to be something closer to your own taste, there's a really easy way to have your voice heard. With as few backers as he has, you can't really blame him for wanting to keep them on board. The Tasha x Alex path hasn't been dropped, the dev can only put so much into each build, and having 2 storylines that don't overlap too much is the easiest way to make these games and get monthly builds out.

3. NTR/Cuckoldry
Most of us have been here long enough to see what happens to a thread once NTRWars:Attack of the Drones begin. Nobody leaves those things happy, so let's not start that shit here, ok? This one is just personal opinion I guess, but it's still something that needs to be said. THE DAVID PATH IS NOT AN ATTACK ON YOUR MASCULINITY. There are a lot of people who seem to take it personally whenever any second male character may receive a HPath in these games, and every fucking thread has these 100 page flame wars over it. For others, they enjoy the voyeurism/cuckoldry aspects, and more power to them. On another side altogether (myself included for disclosure,) you have people who don't have a deep emotional connection to the characters or self-insert at all, and just enjoy something different from Teenage Mutant Magic Penis games where the teen MC fucks everything that moves by clicking enough. In fact, for most of the dev's Patrons, the David Path/conflict with Alex is why they are subbing in the first place. For example:

TLDR;
A lot of wrong shit is being said, and I don't want another NTRWars clusterfuck ruining another thread. If you want to see something different out of this game, give the dev a reason to listen to you.
Well, I can perfectly understand your points...

In some ways though some of the points such as the developer not wanting to lose money, as an excuse for deciding to sway his/her desire to creatively go one direction or another, mostly points the public perception in the direction of greed... A true artist stays true to their art, and doesn't allow public opinion to dictate their creativity and artistic expression... Websites like Patreon and others are designed to help starving artists by supplementing their artistic expression, so they don't starve and maybe even can afford to keep creating their art, or improving their art because now they can afford to buy new equipment, art supplies, pay for publishing, spend more time on their passion, etc... It was never intended for it to be used as a means of just pumping out product that caters to the whims of the consumer... So in a way, by pandering to a paying customer, the art itself is diminished for the sake of making a buck, more then creating something the artist/author really intended to make in the first place...

Not sure where the concept of attacks on masculinity came from... Don't remember anyone complaining or even mentioning that...

And if the developer really likes including NTR or it's ilk in his creation, by all means, don't let what people say about it stop him/her from doing so... Opinions are opinions... Take what is said, by anyone, with a grain of salt... Anger is definitely a sign of taking things too personally...

Plus, why should anyone have to pay just to be taken seriously, or for a developer to really listen to input/opinion, good or bad? Sounds more like bribery when it's looked at like that...

Nov 11, 2017
Looks like you used to be able to fuck her, and now you cannot.
On the deleted Charlotte content, If I remember correctly; When Charlotte is helping Alex to get Tasha, Alex can ask 'what if I prefer you?'. Charlotte will then give Alex to option to start a relationship with her but give up on Tasha. If you accept you fuck Charlotte instead of doing the drinking game with Charlotte/Tasha.

3.10 star(s) 20 Votes