Nov 26, 2017
DiscipleOfVirginia I first got into your games with Of Birds and Bees, since it was a Ren'Py title and I prefer those. I love that game and after getting a taste of your great storytelling and renders I wanted to try this game Autumn Boulevard. Unfortunately, I play on Mac and there is no port available, however I was able to play it with Bootcamp running Windows. This game is unbelievably excellent, and I possibly like it even more than Of Birds and Bees which is one of my current favorites. I can tell you really poured your all into this game and it really shows! One question I have though: Is it possible that when you finish with Autumn Boulevard you will consider making a Mac port, or porting it into Ren'py to make it more accessible? I'm just asking because I honestly think this game is one of a kind and should be available to as many people as possible.

DiscipleOfVirginia

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
DiscipleOfVirginia Autumn Boulevard you will consider making a Mac port, or porting it into Ren'py to make it more accessible? I'm just asking because I honestly think this game is one of a kind and should be available to as many people as possible.
Happy you enjoyed ^^

But to answer this question, allthough there are about 60 renders I will remake after I finished v1.7 (These being in the start of the story), and include a "SFW" version (This I am still 50/50 on), in terms of porting it to Mac, this I will not do. Maybe if I could pay someone to do it for me, but personally doing it? No.

Ren'Py version I feel is out of the question, as Ren'py supports a 16:9 aspect ratio and Autumn Boulevard's renders are 66:59 ratio (Maybe there is a fix to this, maybe not). Further more, there are a lot of exploring and gameplay parts to Autumn Boulevard that Ren'Py does not support. Further more, this conversion is not a snap of the fingers thing. I would need to write the code and stuff. It would probably take months for me to do it in a satisfactory manner I am happy with. And those months, I would rather spend doing other stuff not related to Autumn Boulevard, as writing it is making me very exhausted.

ValeriaEx

Oct 28, 2021
Freaking love this game, seriously. Especially those hard BDSM stuffs. I'm personally a very huge fan of that kind of things, and everything in Karl / Magna / the sadistic goblin were seriously the best I have ever seen in this site. Here's hoping Of Birds And Bees will be following the same footstep of Autumn Boulevard, not beating around the bush, more sex than teasers, and perhaps it would be able to reach the same amount of story that Autumn Boulevard has. Takes years to get there, sure, but I'll be more than happy to follow along and support all the way.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Happy you enjoyed ^^

But to answer this question, allthough there are about 60 renders I will remake after I finished v1.7 (These being in the start of the story), and include a "SFW" version (This I am still 50/50 on), in terms of porting it to Mac, this I will not do. Maybe if I could pay someone to do it for me, but personally doing it? No.

Ren'Py version I feel is out of the question, as Ren'py supports a 16:9 aspect ratio and Autumn Boulevard's renders are 66:59 ratio (Maybe there is a fix to this, maybe not). Further more, there are a lot of exploring and gameplay parts to Autumn Boulevard that Ren'Py does not support. Further more, this conversion is not a snap of the fingers thing. I would need to write the code and stuff. It would probably take months for me to do it in a satisfactory manner I am happy with. And those months, I would rather spend doing other stuff not related to Autumn Boulevard, as writing it is making me very exhausted.
RPG MV basically produces HTML5 / JavaScript, web-based games that are played in their own web browser launched from Game.exe i.e. if you host them on a server you can literally just play them in a browser e.g. Chrome. This makes it usually pretty easy to port them to other platforms e.g. Mac, Linux.

If you're not developing on a Mac or have Apple hardware to test it on then I suggest pointing the Mac and Linux users to something like this package where they just copy your game's www folder to a Mac-based game format https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-mv-v1-62-linux-mac-and-windows.31352/

Sorry, I don't have any Apple hardware on hand to test it on but it should Just Work. There are probably people already doing this on Mac or Linux who can chime in with some help, please?

Reactions: demahka

hattimbratti

Mar 10, 2021
I seem to be stuck at "races" (slightly after meeting Ylva), I've tried talking to everyone there and nothing happens, am I missing something obvious?

Velzebul

Oct 10, 2017
still praying for hero to come :alien:

Is there a hero somewhere, someone who appears and saves the day
Someone who holds out a hand and turns back time
Is there a hero somewhere, someone who will never walk away
Who doesn't turn a blind eye to folk wanting 1.6 :oops:

3.90 star(s) 43 Votes