4.20 star(s) 111 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Could you gift us with your compressed version? Only if you did it for yourself.
Otherwise I will request in the crunch forum.
Nice birthday present for me
Have a happy day play testing the game and having fun with all your toys!
Be the gamer of prase and Glory!

Game oN!

Reactions: vgyew

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Could you gift us with your compressed version? Only if you did it for yourself.
Otherwise I will request in the crunch forum.

Have a happy day play testing the game and having fun with all your toys!
Be the gamer of prase and Glory!

Game oN!

I haven't actually learned how to do a compression yet. Is there software for that or..?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

Water World [v0.20.0] Incest Pre-Patched [NSFW Space] - Original Size: 1.38GB

Download PC (264MB): MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
bas did the wonderful software ...
https://f95zone.to/threads/cruncher-renpy-rpgm-mv-game-compactor-v0-4-1-bas.10227/
https://f95zone.to/threads/webpfix-bat-fix-corrupted-webp-file-headers-v0-1-bas.18240/

software for that

Reactions: Lockheart

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I haven't actually learned
Others have .. they have accepted to use smaller image formats:

There are well over 100 pics for your info. Because I made the EFFORT of post-working all my images and reducing their file size by saving them as lossless jpgs, and animations converted to .ogv files (the preferred format for ren'py anyway, and much smaller than .avi)
Actually I only compress the images. I turn the original PNGs into 95% quality webp. The difference in quality is noticeable only if you look closely.

You can compress files even more, including animations, which makes the game about 20% of its original size. I'm not doing this yet because many things in Solvalley are already very low quality (like some animations) and they will look like total shit when compressed. When I start reworking these things I will offer compressed versions as well.
But movies will always bloat your game ... unless you accept the help of our SKUNK cruncher who uses mp4s!
Gifs are pretty much unskunkable... But will try to look into converting them to mp4 or webm

Last edited:

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
I haven't actually learned how to do a compression yet. Is there software for that or..?
Compressing it using Bas software will reduce quality a tiny bit. While i can barely see a difference usually, some ppl will whine. It does however reduce size significantly.
You could also use webp format as it's a lot smaller.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
The reworked version of Act 3 should be out a little later today. I hope you enjoy! :)
Okay, I liked new and expanded Penny a lot more. She's still nuts, but I'm not worried about her popping out of my closet and cutting off my balls . . . unless maybe I deserved it . . . hmmmm . . . Probably best not go that direction! :whistle:

Penny's dentist invasion works better than Byron's. The additional material in Act 3 definitely rounded things out nicely.

Dallas is cute, but I think I prefer Octavia.

What are you doing lazing around reading forums? Get back to work! :ROFLMAO:

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Okay, I liked new and expanded Penny a lot more. She's still nuts, but I'm not worried about her popping out of my closet and cutting off my balls . . . unless maybe I deserved it . . . hmmmm . . . Probably best not go that direction! :whistle:

Penny's dentist invasion works better than Byron's. The additional material in Act 3 definitely rounded things out nicely.

Dallas is cute, but I think I prefer Octavia.

What are you doing lazing around reading forums? Get back to work! :ROFLMAO:
Wow, I was so worried people weren't going to take to Octavia! I'm so glad to hear you like her!

I had a lot of fun working with New Penny. I think as she grows and develops, we'll find her to be a very pleasant and welcome addition.

Thanks so much for taking the time to enjoy my story! :D

Reactions: Glooskabe

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
The beauty of Bas's cruncher is it could be easily tweaked. For example if you wanna to convert png, jpg etc to webp you could do it without any quality loss (yet resulting in much smaller size, as mentioned above).
Or you could choose to significantly compress images, video, audio, just name it, and you need only to change a few parameters in the script to obtain various images qualities, various audio/video bitrates, and many more useful stuff..

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
The beauty of Bas's cruncher is it could be easily tweaked. For example if you wanna to convert png, jpg etc to webp you could do it without any quality loss (yet resulting in much smaller size, as mentioned above).
Or you could choose to significantly compress images, video, audio, just name it, and you need only to change a few parameters in the script to obtain various images qualities, various audio/video bitrates, and many more useful stuff..
I'll try that for my next release. Thank you for the information. That really helps!

Reactions: ontach and Abhai
Jun 7, 2019
Alright... complete honesty here. In the original act 3, I was kinda hooked. I wanted to see how that played out. Yeah, I'm a dark weirdo... But I did find it... strange that Byron would hire the detective and then take things into his own hands. So, I'm really happy that there was a reworked version. All that BS behind me, I love the new Penny!! Seems like she could have been pulled right from my memories. Of myself. While I was on cocaine... HA! I'm kidding. Or am I? As for the rewrite, I loved it!! SOOOO much better this time around, the flow was just about perfect. (I caught a couple of typos that kind of staggered my reading, but overall, BEAUTIFUL!!)

Okay, Mirabelle told me to leave a rave review... does this count? I hope so... I wanna make her happy!! LOL. Great work, Lockheart!! Keep em coming! Just... you know... DO IT FASTER!! LOL

....... I've got to quit day drinking.

MrSchwartz

Mar 27, 2018
Still don't know what you did in this rework, but i was kinda frightened at the end of act 3, didn't wanted another Acting Lessons experience, overhaul, loved your game, so much potential, good luck

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Alright... complete honesty here. In the original act 3, I was kinda hooked. I wanted to see how that played out. Yeah, I'm a dark weirdo... But I did find it... strange that Byron would hire the detective and then take things into his own hands. So, I'm really happy that there was a reworked version. All that BS behind me, I love the new Penny!! Seems like she could have been pulled right from my memories. Of myself. While I was on cocaine... HA! I'm kidding. Or am I? As for the rewrite, I loved it!! SOOOO much better this time around, the flow was just about perfect. (I caught a couple of typos that kind of staggered my reading, but overall, BEAUTIFUL!!)

Okay, Mirabelle told me to leave a rave review... does this count? I hope so... I wanna make her happy!! LOL. Great work, Lockheart!! Keep em coming! Just... you know... DO IT FASTER!! LOL

....... I've got to quit day drinking.
Haha! This really was supposed to be a darker story but I think it's going to be a bit lighter instead. Please let me know about any Typos! I rushed this out too quickly and didn't take time to really flesh them out. I knew there were going to be at least a few.

I have had terrible day drinking experiences. I don't do that anymore! Ahaha.

Thanks for the positive feedback, it means a lot to me!

• Haha
Reactions: TrulyDemented1
Jun 7, 2019
Haha! This really was supposed to be a darker story but I think it's going to be a bit lighter instead. Please let me know about any Typos! I rushed this out too quickly and didn't take time to really flesh them out. I knew there were going to be at least a few.

I have had terrible day drinking experiences. I don't do that anymore! Ahaha.

Thanks for the positive feedback, it means a lot to me!
Will do. I'll go over it tonight and mesage you on here?

4.20 star(s) 111 Votes