4.20 star(s) 111 Votes

Rock&Rule

Mar 15, 2019
There was a nice decrease in the size of the files between this and act 3. I appreciated that and could not see any loss in quality. All the humor was still here and I dug the latest bit of story on both paths.

The Octavia and Penny dialogue was nice as was the bit with Octavia and Avalon. The cat scene did have a good reaction from me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. :LOL:

Reactions: Lockheart

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
There was a nice decrease in the size of the files between this and act 3. I appreciated that and could not see any loss in quality. All the humor was still here and I dug the latest bit of story on both paths.

The Octavia and Penny dialogue was nice as was the bit with Octavia and Avalon. The cat scene did have a good reaction from me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. :LOL:
I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun with Octavia's scenes this time around. I really wanted to show her the love she deserved and I feel she got it in this Act.

I still don't like that I had to sacrifice quality, even if not noticable. But you're right, it's was worth it. I took it down from over 5 gigabytes to 400 megabytes!

Rock&Rule

Mar 15, 2019
With Octavia's and Dallas's paths, I did make them far too different. And yeah, it's complicating things. A learning experience, to be sure!

And that's some great advice. I will try to start planning things out better. Thank you. :)
I wouldn't say they are too different. With a little pacing between them Dallas and Octavia's paths could be woven back together. I mean they do reference Dallas on Octavia's path. I'm not just saying this because I want all the ladies either... :sneaky:

Reactions: TrulyDemented1

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I wouldn't say they are too different. With a little pacing between them Dallas and Octavia's paths could be woven back together. I mean they do reference Dallas on Octavia's path. I'm not just saying this because I want all the ladies either... :sneaky:
Ahaha. You know, I might do a side story sometime with Dallas and Octavia but in the main story, I'll have to keep them separate. It would be interesting to see them interact with each other.

Last edited:

Fenix34

Jun 16, 2017
I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun with Octavia's scenes this time around. I really wanted to show her the love she deserved and I feel she got it in this Act.

I still don't like that I had to sacrifice quality, even if not noticable. But you're right, it's was worth it. I took it down from over 5 gigabytes to 400 megabytes!
I dont really know how this works, but any chance you have the origninal quality one? Others may not have noticed it but oh man did i notice the downgrade in quality right away, to the point of thinking i was going insane, but then re opened my last version and sure enough, my eyes hurt less. Theres this blur that is honestly super distracting and not the perfect quality renders I was used to with this game.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I dont really know how this works, but any chance you have the origninal quality one? Others may not have noticed it but oh man did i notice the downgrade in quality right away, to the point of thinking i was going insane, but then re opened my last version and sure enough, my eyes hurt less. Theres this blur that is honestly super distracting and not the perfect quality renders I was used to with this game.
Sure, I can do that. It’ll take some time though, my upload speed is abysmal.

Fenix34

Jun 16, 2017
Sure, I can do that. It’ll take some time though, my upload speed is abysmal.
Ah thanks for the quick response! Idk why im surprised, you are top notch lockheart. Sorry if im being a pain and if its just me having this issue, but it was really throwing me off. I love this game and want to experience the new update in all its hd glory! :love:

Doa666

Mar 8, 2020
I just wanted to say I love your VN,it's so well written,the mixture of humour and compassion between the characters is perfect,keep up the good work!

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Nice to see an MC that doesn't look like a 13yr old androgynous child but I'm having trouble reconciling the humor with the serious themes involved. I do know I want to enact some Midwestern justice on this Seth character however...corn syrup and a hog farm.

On a side note did anyone else immediately thing 'Octavia is a spook' when she tells you what her job is? Practiced delivery, government adjacent,better dental plan than the FBI...

Last edited:

neman

Jan 5, 2020
I hope developer Lockheart won't mind this mod. Its adaptation of a script made by @heero000 for luke's way.
Name changer script it wont interfere with game and should be compatible with future updates. I like my own name in games as it makes it more personal and adds immersion.

Open script in text editor and replace with desired (text to be replaced is marked with bold letters, dont change anything else)

"byron": "Boris", "mr. b.": "Mr. B.", ", b.": ", B.", ", b!": ", B!", b?": ", B?", "uncle b?": "Uncle B?",

at the bottom of script find this lines and replace , again, text with bold letters only

define b = Character("Boris", color="#5342f4", window_background="gui/byron_face_textbox.png")
define bi = Character("Boris", color="#5342f4", window_background="gui/byron_thinking_textbox.png")

Have fun!
+update, new variable , b?": ", B?", "uncle b?": "Uncle B?",

Last edited:

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I've uploaded the Original Quality to my main page. It's 5gb large but for those that want uncompromising quality, it's available!

• Love
Reactions: Fenix34

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I hope developer Lockheart won't mind this mod. Its adaptation of a script made by @heero000 for luke's way.
Name changer script it wont interfere with game and should be compatible with future updates. I like my own name in games as it makes it more personal and adds immersion.

Open script in text editor and replace with desired (text to be replaced is marked with bold letters, dont change anything else)

"byron": "Boris", "mr. b.": "Mr. B.", ", b.": ", B.", ", b!": ", B!",

at the bottom of script find this lines and replace , again, text with bold letters only

define b = Character("Boris", color="#5342f4", window_background="gui/byron_face_textbox.png")
define bi = Character("Boris", color="#5342f4", window_background="gui/byron_thinking_textbox.png")

Have fun!
Just want I wanted!
Just tried it. For most of the part it worked really well. But Dallas kept calling me B instead of the letter I told her in several parts. For example, right after the decision of her or the other character, when she is talking with Avalon she says "your Uncle B" and in that same scene she keeps saying B.

Reactions: neman

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That may be because "B" is writen in the game dialogue text, not a changeable variable.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
That may be because "B" is writen in the game dialogue text, not a changeable variable.
I didn't really write this novel based on the idea that Byron is the main character. In fact, I'd say Avalon is the focal point but I'm trying to tell everyone's story. A lot of people like the idea of putting themselves in Byron's shoes and playing out the novel as if they were him. I didn't design it that way but in hindsight, I probably should have. It would be a very different story though. Not to say worse, but different. It's something to consider for my next novel. :)

neman

Jan 5, 2020
Just want I wanted!
Just tried it. For most of the part it worked really well. But Dallas kept calling me B instead of the letter I told her in several parts. For example, right after the decision of her or the other character, when she is talking with Avalon she says "your Uncle B" and in that same scene she keeps saying B.
Ah i see. There is that B in 2 lines that i missed
"What about your Uncle B?"
Are you on your period this week, B?"
it's easy to correct just get my updated file above
added variable
, b?": ", B?",
just edit bold letter do ur desire

neman

Jan 5, 2020
I didn't really write this novel based on the idea that Byron is the main character. In fact, I'd say Avalon is the focal point but I'm trying to tell everyone's story. A lot of people like the idea of putting themselves in Byron's shoes and playing out the novel as if they were him. I didn't design it that way but in hindsight, I probably should have. It would be a very different story though. Not to say worse, but different. It's something to consider for my next novel. :)
:)
Maybe females will love it to play as girl. Its good idea. Not for me tho i couldnt know how to think as girl other then being..well..chloe18.. haha

• Haha

Dipsode

Aug 12, 2017
I'm just finding out. Avalon just picked up his stuff at his mother's house...
And I love it.
The dialogues, really talented. Every two or three sentences I find that they are really pearls, expressions, puns that are really chiseled. I think I'd like to read a book written by the person who wrote this!
The images too, the characters: expressions, the models, really out of the ordinary coming from .
A game where you feel less beastly than usual, finer, more sensual and sensitive. It's more than a game to just jerk off. It's more than just a game to jerk off, it's even something to keep in mind when you don't feel like jerking off.;)

"Hats off to the artist" (y) (y)(y)(y)

====
Je découvre seulement. Avalon vient juste de récupérer ses affaires chez sa mère....
Et j'adore.
Les dialogues, vraiment talentueux. Toutes les deux ou trois phrases je trouve que ce sont vraiment des perles, des expressions, des jeux de mot qui sont vraiment ciselés. Je crois bien que j'aimerais lire un bouquin écrit par la personne qui a écrit ça !
Les images aussi, les personnages : des expressions, les modèles, vraiment en dehors du tout venant .
Un jeu où on se sent moins bestial que d'habitude, plus fin, plus sensuel et sensible. C'est plus qu'un jeu pour se branler. Euh voire même un truc à réserver quand on n'a pas impérativement envie de se branler.;)

"Chapeau bas l'artiste" (y)(y)(y)(y)

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
For me changing the name of the male MC to be more immersed in the game only work if it's a POV.
I will change the name in a non-POV if the MC has the name of someone I don't like.

I like that you had Dallas buy a used trailer. Too many people don't realize there are a lot of people for whom being able to buy a trailer is a big step in their lives. Good job.

Can't wait for the next Act.

Last edited:

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I'm just finding out. Avalon just picked up his stuff at his mother's house...
And I love it.
The dialogues, really talented. Every two or three sentences I find that they are really pearls, expressions, puns that are really chiseled. I think I'd like to read a book written by the person who wrote this!
The images too, the characters: expressions, the models, really out of the ordinary coming from .
A game where you feel less beastly than usual, finer, more sensual and sensitive. It's more than a game to just jerk off. It's more than just a game to jerk off, it's even something to keep in mind when you don't feel like jerking off.;)

"Hats off to the artist" (y) (y)(y)(y)

====
Je découvre seulement. Avalon vient juste de récupérer ses affaires chez sa mère....
Et j'adore.
Les dialogues, vraiment talentueux. Toutes les deux ou trois phrases je trouve que ce sont vraiment des perles, des expressions, des jeux de mot qui sont vraiment ciselés. Je crois bien que j'aimerais lire un bouquin écrit par la personne qui a écrit ça !
Les images aussi, les personnages : des expressions, les modèles, vraiment en dehors du tout venant .
Un jeu où on se sent moins bestial que d'habitude, plus fin, plus sensuel et sensible. C'est plus qu'un jeu pour se branler. Euh voire même un truc à réserver quand on n'a pas impérativement envie de se branler.;)

"Chapeau bas l'artiste" (y)(y)(y)(y)
Thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I put a lot of passion into this novel and I'm happy to see so many people enjoying it. :D

Is that Hugh Laurie as your avatar? I'm a huge fan of House!

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
For me changing the name of the male MC to be more immersed in the game only work if it's a POV.
I will change the name in a non-POV if the MC has the name of someone I don't like.

I like that you had Dallas buy a used trailer. Too many people don't realize there are a lot of people for whom being able to buy a trailer is a big step in their lives. Good job.

Can't wait for the next Act.
Yeah, I worked hard to bring more of Dallas' story to life because she really has an interesting backstory and her life is very unique. She's truly an incredible person.

Reactions: RustyV
4.20 star(s) 111 Votes