4.20 star(s) 111 Votes

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Lockheart Just played the latest update. I really loved it. The dialog was hilarious as usual. Penny is just so funny. Plus the banter between Byron and Avalon is a riot also. The amount of content was great too. Also, there is no need for a sex scene in every update! I enjoy experiencing the story, getting to know the characters, and your great dialog. Looking forward to eventual sexy scenes is a major plus also, but it should fit in with the overall story you want to tell, not based on the release schedule.

Avalon has only been living with Byron for about a week, plus she is dealing with the trauma of sexual assault. In my opinion, at least, it doesn't fit the character for her to just jump into bed with her uncle after just a handful of days together. If anything, their sexual relationship has progressed faster than I expected. Plus, Byron barely knows Dallas or Octavia, and they both know he and Avalon are a thing, so being good people, aren't in a rush to go behind Avalon's back and throw themselves at Byron, or vice versa.

Don't listen to the few complainers about the "short" update (I wish they would try developing their own games for a change). It hasn't been that long since your previous update, and your amount of content is totally acceptable, commendable even. Those that are complaining should look a the top 20 rated games here and see that most top rated devs give out 15 minutes of content or so every 2 to 4 months. Sure, you can find some crappy games here with rip-off models and mindless dialog that come out with longer updates, but quality takes time. You, Lockheart are doing an excellent job!

I wish I had your skill in writing dialog. I've occasionally thought of trying my hand at making my own VN. I am pretty good with programming, and I've done some poses and renders in Daz and it seems doable. However, I just don't have the writing skill or imagination to create sparkling dialog like you have with Avalon. It's wonderful.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
You, @Lockheart are doing an excellent job!
Damn, I really needed that. Thank you, Smarmint. It was a rough release, to be sure. But I was so excited to show off the new characters and Penny's hilarity, I couldn't resist! And the next scene with her is even better! I took some time to setup Patreon and so I felt like I needed to show everyone that I'm still here working hard. I don't want to go months without a release. I'm going to try to find a nice middle ground in the future. Trial and error.

It's been a rollercoaster. Everyone seems to want something different so it's impossible to please everyone and the more I try to compensate one way or the other, the more I seem to just hurt myself and those that actually appreciate the game the way it is. You're right, it's a learning experience. And I think the best course right now is to just write the way I have been and hope that people love it for what it is. And those that don't, well, there's plenty on F95 to enjoy.

Thanks again. I appreciate the support.:D

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
So the two errors that I got were blocking Dallas from having any sexual relationship with Byron.
I respect that, but why did they have to be shown as errors and is there any way I can refuse Dallas and Evans relationship?
I believe you may need to start a new game. There should be no errors unless you're using an old save. And I worked really hard so you could decide if Dallas is part of Byron and Avalon's relationship, or if she goes off to develop her own. It sounds like you may find the Polygamy path more enjoyable. It's a choice right after Byron, like a dunce, buys his niece a vibrator.

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
I expect some people are playing this on large, high res monitors, so the large file size would suit them. There are three versions available - regular, official compressed and unofficial compressed. On my 1080p screen I doubt if I would even notice any difference, but the 4k guys might.
Most other Renpy games are not 1920x1080 resolution. Officially Compressed version is available.
i never download compressed, i even download 50-80gb bluray rips :p I prefer quality

so 6b mean this game is the highest quality renpy

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
Lockheart Just played the latest update. I really loved it. The dialog was hilarious as usual. Penny is just so funny. Plus the banter between Byron and Avalon is a riot also. The amount of content was great too. Also, there is no need for a sex scene in every update! I enjoy experiencing the story, getting to know the characters, and your great dialog. Looking forward to eventual sexy scenes is a major plus also, but it should fit in with the overall story you want to tell, not based on the release schedule.
In was a nice update, quite in line with the previous ones. I disagree with the amount of content being great. It wasnt. And noone said "sex scene". It can be lewd content, like some nudity etc. Like why did we not get to see abit more of Penny? Missed opportunity imho.

Avalon has only been living with Byron for about a week, plus she is dealing with the trauma of sexual assault. In my opinion, at least, it doesn't fit the character for her to just jump into bed with her uncle after just a handful of days together. If anything, their sexual relationship has progressed faster than I expected. Plus, Byron barely knows Dallas or Octavia, and they both know he and Avalon are a thing, so being good people, aren't in a rush to go behind Avalon's back and throw themselves at Byron, or vice versa.
Noone here has said anything about Avalon, she is the main goal and what we are pursuing as the main protagonist. The rest are fair game. It does not have to be the whole way. Many other games gives you side characters, occasion for nudity (done well already in this game after the spanking and the gym) and some fantasies/dreams. We're not asking for much and it could be provided rather easily as well making those of us that are here for the lewd stuff content.

Don't listen to the few complainers about the "short" update (I wish they would try developing their own games for a change). It hasn't been that long since your previous update, and your amount of content is totally acceptable, commendable even. Those that are complaining should look a the top 20 rated games here and see that most top rated devs give out 15 minutes of content or so every 2 to 4 months. Sure, you can find some crappy games here with rip-off models and mindless dialog that come out with longer updates, but quality takes time. You, Lockheart are doing an excellent job!
Well im glad you seem to have nailed down what the majority want. ;)

I doubt we are "a few complainers", im just deciding to be vocal about it - just like you are deciding to be vocal about your viewpoint. Even if its flawed as i see it, it does not mean it doesnt warrant being listened to.

Also since you seem to know about developing a game you know you cannot say that quality takes time. You write dialogue while you render. That takes time. But you can also be completely clueless and make horrible renders while making a terrible script and it can take the same amount of time. Not sure what your point is with that comment to be honest - i do know you cant use that as an excuse.

If we take a game like Corrupted Kingdoms he delivers every week. Small updates (too short for me) but he gets front page coverage often because of it. Its not enough for me so my interest in that game is waning and i will check it out maybe once a month instead of every weekly update. We could also look at games like DMD and they bring alot of content monthly - and theres ALWAYS lewd stuff going on - alot even. Thats not the amount im asking for here - im asking for SOMETHING instead of NOTHING. (The story is great, but we are here for more than that)

Ive been a member of F95 long enough to have played ALOT of the games available here and i've seen some very beloved developers crash and burn or simply disappear when their games didnt get the attention/patreons they wanted/hoped for.

I wish I had your skill in writing dialog. I've occasionally thought of trying my hand at making my own VN. I am pretty good with programming, and I've done some poses and renders in Daz and it seems doable. However, I just don't have the writing skill or imagination to create sparkling dialog like you have with Avalon. It's wonderful.
There are some really talented writers out there and Lockheart is clearly among them, 100% agreed on that. :)

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
And I think the best course right now is to just write the way I have been and hope that people love it for what it is. And those that don't, well, there's plenty on F95 to enjoy.
Exactly! No matter what, there will always be critics. Think of a movie that everyone now thinks is a masterpiece, maybe "The Godfather", or "Schindler's List". If you go back and look at movie reviews when these movies came out, you will find all sorts of critics saying that each of these was not a good movie for some reason or another. What if Francis Ford Coppola or Stephen Spielberg listened to them and changed their movies to satisfy a couple of critics? Would these movies still be as good?

VN game development is unusual, in that devs release it in parts over many months or years, so there is lots of opportunity for griping and complaining by a few people at every step while it is still being developed. Some people will say they want one thing, some will say they want another. You are the one with the vision that has created something great, not them. The best way for you to succeed is just continue on with your vision the way you want.

Last edited:

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
Yo,

I've discovered this one 3 hours ago, I just got to the end of content.

A sad story and an hard to deal with subject, covered behind lots of humorous moments, I love it, the platypus.... XD
The first VN where I test all the choices (the minor dialogs ones) because it's a quick and always good laugh.

I've had a hard time with some words because I still lack of vocabulary, google translation break the pace but np, I'm getting used to it. It's always cool to learn news ways to say things, even if I'll probably forget 3/4 of theses...

Octavia (love this character! And Maze :love: what a surprise!) and Polygamy paths leaves a good feeling for now :)
Penny is funny as hell.
Avalon is adorable, we just want to hug her (fatherly).
Byron (no homo) <3 (Maybe because I recognize myself in him, apart being rich and buff lol, with a little bit of Octavia)
I'm always amazed at how you guys succeed at bringing life in your characters, very well done.

The choice with the music feels always right.
Loved the one at the therapyst, and Avalon's reaction. (about that, the music has stopped at the therapyst after an accidental mousewheel rollback after 3 or 4 sentences, obligated to rollback at the beginning of the scene, normally the music never break like that, I think..)

A very pleasant surprise and experience! Nice work (tons of, apparently)!

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Yo,

I've discovered this one 3 hours ago, I just got to the end of content.

A sad story and an hard to deal with subject, covered behind lots of humorous moments, I love it, the platypus.... XD
The first VN where I test all the choices (the minor dialogs ones) because it's a quick and always good laugh.

I've had a hard time with some words because I still lack of vocabulary, google translation break the pace but np, I'm getting used to it. It's always cool to learn news ways to say things, even if I'll probably forget 3/4 of theses...

Octavia (love this character! And Maze :love: what a surprise!) and Polygamy paths leaves a good feeling for now :)
Penny is funny as hell.
Avalon is adorable, we just want to hug her (fatherly).
Byron (no homo) <3 (Maybe because I recognize myself in him, apart being rich and buff lol, with a little bit of Octavia)
I'm always amazed at how you guys succeed at bringing life in your characters, very well done.

The choice with the music feels always right.
Loved the one at the therapyst, and Avalon's reaction. (about that, the music has stopped at the therapyst after an accidental mousewheel rollback after 3 or 4 sentences, obligated to rollback at the beginning of the scene, normally the music never break like that, I think..)

A very pleasant surprise and experience! Nice work (tons of, apparently)!

Another really nice comment, these really help! Thank you!

I'm so glad to hear you've enjoyed it so far. It's really been an incredible experience working with these amazing characters and I've had a lot of fun with them. I going to work exceptionally hard to continue delivering awesome content. And with fans like you behind me, I know I can do it!

Thanks again!

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
Thanks again!
No, thank you, really.

Just one question, because there's only one thing bothering me.
It's not complete, like tons of good games here, sadly. *insert a pic of Maze with Potté sad eyes here*
Any idea of how many chapters you have planned?
Or just a clue of how much work is left until completion?

Good thing you have an alternative to Hatreon by the way.

Reactions: Lockheart

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Any idea of how many chapters you have planned?
Honestly, this started off as just a practice game and I had planned for a total of seven Acts. I'm still mostly set on that but it could change. I was hoping to spend 6 months on this project and I started in December. So it's going to be over that time frame, for sure! Hopefully I'll have it completely finished a little after Summer. But if I extend it, perhaps I'll have it done by end of year.

Patreon is tricky, it tends to be the preferred method for most people to use for donations so I didn't resist. If I want to make this my main job, I'll have to do what it takes. And, it takes Patreon. But SubscribeStar is picking up steam! There's actually a good chance Patreon shuts me down just for Avalon calling Byron 'Uncle', even though they're not blood related. So, we'll see!

Thanks again for the support! Truly!

Facha

Jun 22, 2017
Good game ATM, i really like the peronality of the uncle, is really funy! keep going, good work to the dev

Reactions: dal776

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
I would be happy with 10, 15 or even 20 Acts :p :D
Well, me too, but too many months before a complete state :/

Why not finishing this one as "planned", and develop stories about other characters past (or futur) ?
If he don't divulge more about the past of Octavia, for example, in Avalon.
I don't mind a little story about her, or Penny. Or both, I've read some comment complaining about the little sex content, with these 2 carpet muncher, I think they will be happy lol. If they are into that.

Anyway, you can't please everyone.
Just make your games as you want, listen about positives and negatives feedback, to improve the user experience, retain the ones that you think can improve the game and don't mind the haters.
There's lots of games here to satisfy all tastes.

Aug 18, 2019
what the fuck was that release? XD less than a regular patch, w/e, on we go to a 0.6 with no sex scenes; *checks* yep, still on F95, poor show lockheart

• Angry
Reactions: Smarmint

Praenuntius

Mar 31, 2020
what the fuck was that release?
the continuation of the story. Its like Lockheart said: releases in a shorter timeframe. You can wait until the Act is completly uploaded, before you play it, then you see the same or most likely more content then in other games in the same time.

with no sex scenes
The game isn't a fuckfest and won't become one. It's a slow growing novel with great renders, a better story and lovely characters. Something for the eyes and the brain mainly and only after that something for the dick

Last edited:

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
So i had a nights sleep and realised what is really bugging me with the sycophants kissing your ass Lockheart. May seem abit harsh but listen...

First of all of course this is your story/vision/game - and a learning experience along the way. Noone is trying to make you change the fundamentals of that.

But heres the thing. If you actually believe you should listen to those people who say you are doing perfectly fine, dont change anything, keep everything the same going forward - uncritically - you are naive at best. Seeing you thumbs up those people are... concerning.

Sure, if you dont want constructive criticism and only ass kissing, by all means, keep going down that road. It brings images of the "this is fine" dog meme into my mind.

You have yourself been flip flopping abit and also have a tendency to be parhaps abit overly fawning over positive feedback. Dont get me wrong, i really like your game and it deserves alot of praise. I dont think anyone has ever said it wasnt a great game with huge potential.

However! Dont for a second think its the perfect game and you should not change anything at any cost "because a few people are vocal about it". No, do yourself a favour and listen to criticism - you are the person that judges what goes into your game, so if you feel none of the ideas put forward fits then thats ok. But simply basking in the glory of people kissing your ass (which are the THERE IS NOTHING WRONG HERE, GAME IS PERFECT people) will come back and bite you in that same ass in the long run. Trust me.

As for asking for more lewd stuff (at least SOMETHING in each release) do you know what 2 images (i link them here) stand out for me in all the games i have played? None of them involves sex. They are tied into the story in the game and as such are much more powerful and pulls at your heartstrings. However, a lewd VN should contain lewd stuff in each release PERIOD. I dont care if its just a bare ass but having nothing is just bad style! :)

TL;DR - Love your game but f... ass kissing people who dont want you to evolve or improve your game/skill.

Rant over.

1586962126165.png 1586962178663.png

4.20 star(s) 111 Votes