4.20 star(s) 112 Votes

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
No, do yourself a favour and listen to criticism
Kekbur, I have listened to my audience. I added two new paths that are going to add 25% extra work and a considerable amount more time. I removed an entire scene and altered the path of the game entirely. I re-wrote a characters personality completely. I've even tried spelling things out for people that are complaining Avalon has recovered too fast. She hasn't recovered! She's having night terrors, she's having anxiety attacks, she's throwing herself at her Uncle with this bizarre idea that if she can have sex, she's all better. So am I supposed to like two star ratings that say 'She recovered so fast!'? And Byron bought her a vibrator. That was a dunce thing to do, and a very human thing. He doesn't know what he's doing, he has no experience with this. He did a dumb thing and that was the idea. So am I supposed to like comments that say 'That part didn't make any sense!'? Yeah, it doesn't! He's ignorant about what to do! That's the point!

Half the point of the game was supposed to be that people who have been hurt can recover. You can have a relationship, you can laugh again, you can enjoy sex again. Your going to stumble on your way to recovery and things are hard sometimes but you can do it! Most people who have enjoyed the game have gotten that message and support it. Those that don't are split into two categories; those that cry out in hatred and disbelief and slander my work. Or those that see issues that I can change and fix and they voice it. I cater to the latter, and I have. But the former? Why would I compromise my game for them and risk losing the fans that enjoy it for what it is?

I understand that you want the naughty stuff, I do. Message received. And I'm working really hard towards that. I wanted a nice tease of Penny to show how sexy she can be so that when we do get a scene with her, it's even more erotic and enjoyable. I'm literally writing a scene right now with her and Octavia restarting their relationship and Octavia is huge compared to little Penny. It's really kind of hot, actually. So, it's coming. If you want to wait half a year for me to finish it up, I'm fine with that. But I'm not taking the cookies out of the oven yet, they're still too doughy.

I know the game isn't perfect. It's literally my first release and it's got a lot of mistakes and a lot that could have been done better. If I could go back in time and pick a lighter topic, I would. Because I am getting hammered about the rape dynamic. But it is what it is and I think it's a great first attempt. And a lot of other people are really enjoying some aspects of it. If you over-analyse it and look for the flaws, you'll find them. But if you just let the story unfold and take it for what it is, it's a really good story.

You have yourself been flip flopping abit
You said I'm not listening to criticism but took note that I've been flip-flopping. I've been flip-flopping in response to criticism. But I changed a major thing in my game to accommodate a low rating review and instead of making them happy, I made a fan unhappy. I lost a fan and a good review fell two stars because of the change. And the bad review never changed. It kind of sends a message the people either like your style or don't and if you change anything dramatically to accommodate those that don't like you style, you're only displeasing those that do.

I'm trying, Kekbur. I'm learning, I'm figuring things out. I'm taking in all the horrible, terrible things people have said and trust me, they aren't getting ignored. But the praise is what keeps me going. I like the kind words and the understanding and that's what makes this worth it. So yeah, I'm going to like the positive comments and I'm not going to like the hateful ones. It's one thing to be critical, it's another to be mean.

And I'm sorry you didn't find any images in Avalon that stand out to you. I, personally, thought the one of Avalon and Byron in the attic sitting in front of the window was pretty romantic.

I hope you come back in few months and give Avalon another chance when I have more content out. But if not, that's alright too.

Praenuntius

Mar 31, 2020
I wanted Lockheart to respond first, so I had to wait. I try to keep my respond as short as possible.

what is really bugging me with the sycophants kissing your ass Lockheart
When you enjoy a game just how it is and you're telling that the dev, its not ass-kissing... its simple honest. I guess your real problem is, that there are more people saying positive things and less people join your 'change what i want'-train.

If you actually believe you should listen to those people who say you are doing perfectly fine, dont change anything, keep everything the same going forward - uncritically - you are naive at best. Seeing you thumbs up those people are... concerning.
Same as before, when people are enjoing the game, they can say it. Lockheart liking these posts, doesn't mean he is naive and even less it should be concerning. He only shows that he appreciate the nice words.

Sure, if you dont want constructive criticism and only ass kissing, by all means, keep going down that road.
I don't know many other devs who are listening so well to the feedback they get... most of the time Lockheart is even listening too well... so... sry your sentence is just bullshit

You have yourself been flip flopping
So he is not listening to criticism but he was flip flopping :unsure: yes that makes perfect sense.

Dont for a second think its the perfect game and you should not change anything
Play two different releases and you'll see a lot of changes, because Lockheart is going over and over things again and again, until he is satisfied with the outcome... what's most likely never the case.

Little example: Penny in the house of Tyler: First you could read what Penny was thinking. Then people said, it would be better, when you can't read the thoughts of every character. Lockheart liked the idea of telling a story with pics only, so he changed the scene... listened to criticism and changed the game :eek:

As for asking for more lewd stuff (at least SOMETHING in each release) do you know what 2 images (i link them here) stand out for me in all the games i have played?
compared with your two attached pictures, Penny in front of the mirror and nothing wearing then a towel has to count

Sry to say it but everything you wrote is baseless.

TheDuraflex

Feb 17, 2018
I really enjoyed this. Great render, great writing, great characters, FANTASTIC banter, funny and also like everything in life a bit of darkness!
Meaningfull story that i didnt skip a single line of text throughout, all main characters have a past and their intertwined with eachother!
The best games (for me) are the ones with a slow burn, its like teasing you with foreplay a little bit each time until finally it hits the spot and BANG fireworks, this is one of those and i love it!

For the ones that want fuckfests and orgies every update this one is not gonna be for you so move on!

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
So i had a nights sleep and realised what is really bugging me with the sycophants kissing your ass Lockheart. Etc, etc....
See, you've destroyed your whole credibility with this comment. Take your rudeness elsewhere. Most of us are in this forum because we like the game. There are plenty of games here I don't like, but I have better things to do with my time than hang out on forums of games I don't like and complain.

I can only speak for myself, but I am just giving my honest opinion of how I feel about this game. In my opinion, its one of the top 10 games here, so I am supporting it. I like what Lockheart has done with the game, so I share my positive comments with what I particularly liked so far. If something is off that I don't like, and I can't see this particular twist happening with Avalon, but let's say for example that Penny turned evil and started plotting against the MC and Avalon. I am sure alot of fans here and I would say something like, "Hmm. I really liked Penny and am surprised by the turn this update. I hope things turn around because I don't want to see Penny as an enemy." Of course, Lockheart could either listen to us, or if he feels it is his vision to stay on this (hypothetical unlikely) path, he will do so.

You don't like where Avalon is going, and not enough sex scenes for your taste, fine. Make your comment once, and either wait to see how the game progresses to see if you warm up to it, or move on. No need to insult both Avalon's fans and the developer with your comments.

Last edited:

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
By the way, I found the scene where Byron introduces Avalon to the vibrator and teases her by touching it over her clothed body, very hot and erotic. Much more than if they just stripped and had sex right then and there, or if he started really using it on her. It was surprising to me that he would go there, but it was a pleasant surprise, and really made the scene stand out in my memory. I think the teasing in their relationsip and the build-up of the sexual tension between them will just make everything that much hotter when it finally happens.

Last edited:

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
You said I'm not listening to criticism...
Look, i think you misunderstood my message. I will apologize here for not being clearer. Let me just say that

1. I love your game. You have a talent for story telling and its a great story and i look forward to much more of it.
2. I know you are learning as you go. You will stumble along the way but thats ok and 99% will understand that (including me.)
3. You are publishing a game which is commendable in every way. I hope you did not feel my post was ment as a personal insult in any way.

I have a feeling it would be better if i went to PM with this (i will explain why to you in that PM).

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
By the way, I found the scene where Byron introduces Avalon to the vibrator and teases her by touching it over her clothed body, very hot and erotic. Much more than if they just stripped and had sex right then and there, or if he started really using it on her. It was surprising to me that he would go there, but it was a pleasant surprise, and really made the scene stand out in my memory. I think the teasing in their relationsip and the build-up of the sexual tension between them will just make everything that much hotter when it finally happens.
I really liked how he finished it, personally.

She starts that crap and then people get angry at Byron for being pervy! It's her fault! She asked him to show her the damn thing! Who could possibly resist Avalon?? Nobody, that's who!

Ahaha. Aw, poor Byron. I gotta give that guy credit, he's getting a raw deal in this story.

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
I wanted Lockheart to respond first, so I had to wait. I try to keep my respond as short as possible.
Fair enough. Now its my turn to respond.

When you enjoy a game just how it is and you're telling that the dev, its not ass-kissing... its simple honest. I guess your real problem is, that there are more people saying positive things and less people join your 'change what i want'-train.

Same as before, when people are enjoing the game, they can say it. Lockheart liking these posts, doesn't mean he is naive and even less it should be concerning. He only shows that he appreciate the nice words.
Sorry, but you come off as a fanboy. Totally. Where did i say "change what i want" or where did i go aboard that train? All i said was that a lewd game should have lewd content with each release. You do know what this forum is for right?

If you enjoy the game, its fine to say that. But then just say that and refrain from ass kissing by saying nothing is wrong, could never be wrong, never will be wrong oh god please dont listen anyone asking for stuff (see? yeah i can embellish what you said too). Thats a negative way to convey your appreciation of the game.

I don't know many other devs who are listening so well to the feedback they get... most of the time Lockheart is even listening too well... so... sry your sentence is just bullshit

So he is not listening to criticism but he was flip flopping :unsure: yes that makes perfect sense.
As much as i like Lockheart and the game, you are correct, that is also essentially one of the issues. Flip flopping is not good when its this way of flip flopping. Rewriting parts of the game, changing characters personality etc are HUGE changes that may actually not be warranted. What i did was saying that i feel that no game on F95 should have an update/release without at least some eye candy. I did not ask for rewrites of the story, changing of personality or huge alterations in general.

Do you see the difference?

Play two different releases and you'll see a lot of changes, because Lockheart is going over and over things again and again, until he is satisfied with the outcome... what's most likely never the case.

Little example: Penny in the house of Tyler: First you could read what Penny was thinking. Then people said, it would be better, when you can't read the thoughts of every character. Lockheart liked the idea of telling a story with pics only, so he changed the scene... listened to criticism and changed the game :eek:

compared with your two attached pictures, Penny in front of the mirror and nothing wearing then a towel has to count
Oh, I've been along for the ride and i give credit when its due (not to tout my own horn TOO much but i was the very first person to donate a coffee before his patreon was a thing), i can see the big changes he makes and i dont think all of it was warranted nor necessarily better changes. Which is why im concerned quite frankly.

I dont understand what you mean about my 2 pictures. I could surely have picked some memorable ones from Avalon but those 2 stood out to me as something that i will not forget - unlike most of the sex scenes in the games which are just... forgettable sex scenes. Not pictures (combined with the story) that touch your heart/mind. It was mainly to say that while i asked for lewd stuff, it was by no means that important as i also enjoy a great story combined with good visuals more than the lewd stuff.

This whole story touched my heart because of what Avalon has gone through and how she will hopefully go to a brighter/better future. Let it be said again, this game is great. I agree with you guys that it has potential to be top 10 because of the story and Lockhearts skill.

Sry to say it but everything you wrote is baseless.
1586982708733.png

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
See, you've destroyed your whole credibility with this comment. Take your rudeness elsewhere. Most of us are in this forum because we like the game. There are plenty of games here I don't like, but I have better things to do with my time than hang out on forums of games I don't like and complain.

I can only speak for myself, but I am just giving my honest opinion of how I feel about this game. In my opinion, its one of the top 10 games here, so I am supporting it. I like what Lockheart has done with the game, so I share my positive comments with what I particularly liked so far. If something is off that I don't like, and I can't see this particular twist happening with Avalon, but let's say for example that Penny turned evil and started plotting against the MC and Avalon. I am sure alot of fans here and I would say something like, "Hmm. I really liked Penny and am surprised by the turn this update. I hope things turn around because I don't want to see Penny as an enemy." Of course, Lockheart could either listen to us, or if he feels it is his vision to stay on this (hypothetical unlikely) path, he will do so.

You don't like where Avalon is going, and not enough sex scenes for your taste, fine. Make your comment once, and either wait to see how the game progresses to see if you warm up to it, or move on. No need to insult both Avalon's fans and the developer with your comments.
Your entire first paragraph clearly shows that you understood nothing.

I love this game. I like Lockheart. I think he is very talented. I think he should be careful about listening to ass kissers that say nothing is wrong with his game and he shouldnt listen to the "vocal minority".

Your second paragraph is better, but thats not what you do. You say "dont listen". Literally. You also give your point of view on why its too early for the main characters to have sex. I agree with you. Thats why you have side characters, dreams/fantasies or just some bare skin where its appropriate (like Penny could easily have shown something in this release - not really the point but an example). I am glad that you like his game and that you show your appreciation. But then dont do the whole "dont listen" routine.

I never said i dont like where Avalon is going - and i didnt mention it HAD to have sex scenes. You read exactly what you wanted to read because you are a fanboy. If i insulted Lockheart then im sorry and i humbly apologize to him as that was not what i wanted with my post.

• Angry
Reactions: Theboss3213

Praenuntius

Mar 31, 2020
Where did i say "change what i want" or where did i go aboard that train?
you simply keep on going, even when its shown, that you're completely wrong. like the little child who drops on the floor in the supermarket. And you didn't go on board, you're driving the damn thing...

All i said was that a lewd game should have lewd content with each release. You do know what this forum is for right?
And all I was responding was that there is lewd content in the release, when we take your pics as basis.

And because you're always praying the same boring stuff over and over again I won't bother with it anymore. You got a quite unique opinion... some people would start thinking why... but... yeah up to you :)

nice day!

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
you simply keep on going, even when its shown, that you're completely wrong. like the little child who drops on the floor in the supermarket. And you didn't go on board, you're driving the damn thing...

And all I was responding was that there is lewd content in the release, when we take your pics as basis.

And because you're always praying the same boring stuff over and over again I won't bother with it anymore. You got a quite unique opinion... some people would start thinking why... but... yeah up to you :)

nice day!
I am going to assume that you do not quite understand english as well as you should when going into forum discussions. You showed nothing, absolutely nothing of the sort. If anything, the child is you.

I will repeat again, since you have difficulty understanding simple english - the 2 pictures i put up were to explain that i put more weight on a good story combined with great visuals. Those 2 pictures have nothing to do with sex/lewd stuff at all. Like i explained. In detail.

If you think that my oppinion - that games on F95 should contain some sexy stuff (even if its just some nudity) with each release is somehow unique - you are kidding yourself.

But i will forgive you since i think you dont quite understand what im trying to say. :)

albul

Jun 8, 2017
Hey, i have a question, is this a lesbian focused game? From the tags it looks like it is, from the description, looks like it's not.

Reactions: Lockheart
4.20 star(s) 112 Votes