4.20 star(s) 111 Votes

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Shit, that male character looks just like me! Well, maybe with sliiiightly stronger arms :LOL:

By the way, I'm a bit confused. Is that guy the MC? I'm asking this because of the description saying "In this story, we join Avalon on her road to recovery after a terrible experience leaves her broken and alone. After moving in with her Uncle, they find solace in each other and rediscover their sexuality."
I know there's a male protagonist tag above but wanted to make sure.
Yes the guy is the MC.

Reactions: Lockheart

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Shit, that male character looks just like me! Well, maybe with sliiiightly stronger arms :LOL:

By the way, I'm a bit confused. Is that guy the MC? I'm asking this because of the description saying "In this story, we join Avalon on her road to recovery after a terrible experience leaves her broken and alone. After moving in with her Uncle, they find solace in each other and rediscover their sexuality."
I know there's a male protagonist tag above but wanted to make sure.
Yep, that's the MC. He takes Avalon in and the story flows from there.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Also, this is a nice "artistic" view that a writer should write what they want, but it's bullshit.
What good would writing things be for any writer, if no one enjoyed it? Outside from maybe some therapeutic experiences?
I'm writing myself, what good would my writing be if no one ever saw it?
Of course I write MY stories, but I WANT people to enjoy them, not read them and be pissed or think they are bad or stupid.

The problem with your view is that it is too extreme, just like the other option that writers should follow every whim of their readership.
In reality it is a balance. You tell your stories, BUT you write them not only for yourself, but also for your readers, players, viewers or whatever.
This exactly. When I talk with someone who's read something I've written, I'm waiting like a kid having to pee to see their reaction. I'm anxious to get their opinion on it (and secretly hoping they really enjoy it). However, I also always listen carefully to any criticism and consider it seriously. I only have one perspective on what I've written; I usually have no idea how it will come across to others until after I get feedback. The point of telling a story is just that: telling it. If a story is only important to the creator, why would you ever bother sharing it with anyone else?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
There is only one choice you can make throughout the whole thing, certainly not my cup of tea.
Look out for the [VN] tag - most of them are like this. VN = visual novel.
That would be what the kinetic novel tag is for, as a1fox3 said. A kinetic novel presents very few choices for the reader (player). In this case, for instance, even when a character is heading for a train wreck of a decision, there's no player choice. You're meant to "play" the game for the enjoyment of the characters' journeys, not for the pleasure of directing them as you want.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
FYI, Lockheart, intelligible means "understandable"; also, redheads in English is written as one word. Octavia's statement, "Red heads often get teased and can be thought of as outsiders by those less intelligible", should probably be more along the lines of, "Redheads often get teased, looked on as outsiders by those of lesser intelligence".

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
FYI, Lockheart, intelligible means "understandable"; also, redheads in English is written as one word. Octavia's statement, "Red heads often get teased and can be thought of as outsiders by those less intelligible", should probably be more along the lines of, "Redheads often get teased, looked on as outsiders by those of lesser intelligence".
Thank you for catching those! I'll make the adjustments. I hope you enjoyed the game! :)

Wtf!!!! (in a good manner) :Dthis game is so so hilarious!
"tommorow morning at a lingerie store" (I didn't see it coming):ROFLMAO:
I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Thank you for playing!

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Really good start, I've added this to my watch list. It's refreshing to play some really good games with well written characters and excellent dialogue. Unfortunately too many games suffer from the Engrish bug and the same old tropes which makes playing them a real slog. I don't need wall to wall fuck-fests in the games I play to enjoy them. I find character development makes the sex when it happens far more intoxicating.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Damn, that shit went dark. I'm not sure i even want to continue plaing it. The game is very nice, though. I'm just pretty sensitive to stuff like that...
I'm currently in the process of re-evaluating the direction of the story. Avalon is going to focus more on the characters and less on the drama. I hope you'll give the next act a chance. Thanks for playing! :)

Really good start, I've added this to my watch list. It's refreshing to play some really good games with well written characters and excellent dialogue. Unfortunately too many games suffer from the Engrish bug and the same old tropes which makes playing them a real slog. I don't need wall to wall fuck-fests in the games I play to enjoy them. I find character development makes the sex when it happens far more intoxicating.
I agree! It's important to have more than just erotica in a story for a really deep and satisfying experience. Thanks for playing!

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
First time playing this game yesterday and I can only say I loved almost every minute of it. Great characters, good renders and the writing was very good and felt very believable. Until the end anyways. I really love the work put into this game. I actually felt an attachment to Avalon and to a lesser extent Dallas. And while I can't relate to Byron that much, I still like him as a character no less. Definitely keeping an eye on this one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
First time playing this game yesterday and I can only say I loved almost every minute of it. Great characters, good renders and the writing was very good and felt very believable. Until the end anyways. I really love the work put into this game. I actually felt an attachment to Avalon and to a lesser extent Dallas. And while I can't relate to Byron that much, I still like him as a character no less. Definitely keeping an eye on this one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I agree. And I don't know where my head was at when I diverted from my original idea and added that in but I'm in the process of reworking the end of Act 3. We'll see about 6 new scenes, some minor sexual content and remove the Dentist trip altogether. And I've already redone Penny's personality. Improvements are coming! :) Thank you for enjoying the story!

4.20 star(s) 111 Votes