4.20 star(s) 112 Votes

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Lovely game. I just played this first time and it was such a joyride. Avalon was such a sweetie. And with a dramatic storyline; I might have teared up a bit, not confessing that though. Penny was one of the best characters ever. Dallas was also great. I love to have her in the harem.

Little complaints I have are mostly to do with the art. Octavia's mouth makes her look like 40+ and eyes of the girls aren't quite natural looking, intentional?. Jokes were good, some great, but sometimes I got the feeling there were bit too much of them. And I'd have loved having Penny in the harem as well.

I can't wait to get Leah into harem as well.

ps. Panther was sexy. Can we add her to harem too :p

Reactions: Lockheart

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
For once, we do not have the little asshole who "just turn 18", attends a high school, with his brain in his balls, with an elephant cock and who fucks everything that goes within his reach (female family , female friends, female neighbors, female dogs, etc ...).
The MC finally looks like a man, a real one, with beard and muscles. Maybe he seems a little older than his age in the game. The scenario is good, the graphics and the animations correct, in short, we have a good game and I look forward to the rest. Good job!
(Google translate from french)

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
i have not even tried to make a game like this so I have no knowledge about the process, but I assume you dont play test it before release then? If you did you would know if the old saves would work or not?
just asking....
like if you play 6.1 today, save at the end.
Work on update, and when you ready to release you try to update your 6.1 and try saves and play through the update and then save in the end again? Is it too time consuming? I honestly have no knowledge in the process so i not trying to be condescending if that is how it sounds like :p
It depends on where you're loading into, which version you're loading from, what the variables have been changed to in your save... There's just a lot of different things that can go wrong when loading a saved game during development. And it's not possible to test. If someone loaded up a saved from 3.1 during the scene that I completely removed, the save isn't going to work. There are just too many potential problems that I could never replicate. That's why I added the Act Select. During development, you can get to where you want with that feature.

I have Beta Testers that do minor testing but ultimately, there's always something overlooked. So I tend to do an update to the release after a few days. If I had a team of developers and a paid Alpha Tester team, I could do more. But I'm only one person. I'm just doing my best. :confused:

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
not sure if anyone posted this already but.. the whole interview with Penny where is calling herself Nicole has the wrong name and image for her?! gets fixed when she is back as Penny.
Thanks, Spawn! I know exactly what happened there. I'll get that fixed up and patched. I appreciate the catch! :D

Reactions: Spawn420

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
Replace the script.rpy file in the game folder with the attached one to change byron and leah into siblings instead of "friends"
is the file name supposed to be script6 instead of script maybe? as in act6? because replacing the script file changes nothing.. MC still tells Leah results were negative

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
is the file name supposed to be script6 instead of script maybe? as in act6? because replacing the script file changes nothing.. MC still tells Leah results were negative
Not sure about the name, but.... did you delete the existing script.rpyc file?
(RenPy should regenerate the file and overwrite the existing one on any change of the source, but I've noticed it doesn't always do that.)

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Did you load your save and re-save it in the middle of the update before getting the patched script file? If so, it won't work. You'll have to manually change the variables in the console, reload an older save, or start a new game. You have to apply the patch before playing the update for it to work.

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
Did you load your save and re-save it in the middle of the update before getting the patched script file? If so, it won't work. You'll have to manually change the variables in the console, reload an older save, or start a new game. You have to apply the patch before playing the update for it to work.
ahh.. so that's why.. guess its pointless to redownload the game just for that at this point... the 2nd patch uploaded didn't help either while loading a save from the start of the session at Dr. Yu... so ill just apply them for the next release and start from act6 again

edit: i just started a fresh act6 game and the 2nd patch works for me.. probably the first one as well

Reactions: Glooskabe

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
ok so I'm replaying Octavia path now and I'd like to suggest a small modification to the script..
firstly.. after they meet Octavia suggests to go out for lunch and they both order just coffee.. so maybe just change that invitation for coffee in stead of lunch?
and then later at the burger place Octavia says to Avalon that they "went out for a bite to eat" and as said earlier they didn't eat anything.. so maybe again change into "went out for coffee"..
really a small detail so just a suggestion on my part :)

edit: also there is no exit function from the scene gallery... can scroll the pages but not exit it without closing down the game... might wanna look into that as well

Last edited:

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
ahh.. so that's why.. guess its pointless to redownload the game just for that at this point... the 2nd patch uploaded didn't help either while loading a save from the start of the session at Dr. Yu... so ill just apply them for the next release and start from act6 again

edit: i just started a fresh act6 game and the 2nd patch works for me.. probably the first one as well
Yup. I don't use the chapter select feature, so I forgot that option! (y)

Manually changing the variables is quite easy if you know how to enable the console btw. Folks get nervous about that, but as long as you're careful to type accurately, it's pretty safe.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Well given that the Queen herself asked me, here it is.

I really like Leah. She seems very interesting and she felt so natural talking with MC. I would love to see more of her. In fact, in this chapter I did not miss Penny even. She is still number one character, cause you know, you gotta love crazy, but I am very happy you are taking Avalon on the long road instead of wrapping things up prematurily.

And do keep the Queen, castle and the archer in mind of another novel, I really like them.

Last edited:

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
It depends on where you're loading into, which version you're loading from, what the variables have been changed to in your save... There's just a lot of different things that can go wrong when loading a saved game during development. And it's not possible to test. If someone loaded up a saved from 3.1 during the scene that I completely removed, the save isn't going to work. There are just too many potential problems that I could never replicate. That's why I added the Act Select. During development, you can get to where you want with that feature.

I have Beta Testers that do minor testing but ultimately, there's always something overlooked. So I tend to do an update to the release after a few days. If I had a team of developers and a paid Alpha Tester team, I could do more. But I'm only one person. I'm just doing my best. :confused:
as I said it was no critique, just questions.
I understand that there can be too many variables from lets say v0.1 to v0.3, but it seems it would be possible to make sure saves from last version always work? So if you download and play every update and not miss one, then it would be possible to make saves compatible? Like my current save i have now,if I skip one update and get the next one I might not be able to use the save, I get that, but if get every update then it can be done? like you can keep last game and check if saves from last update work with the new update and make changes before release if they dont?
again, no criticize :p :eek: just questions

4.20 star(s) 112 Votes