4.20 star(s) 112 Votes

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Really good update!
My only issue would be ending Avalon at Act 7. The game has so much more to story to tell, Byron's father, Penny's story, what happened to his sister, the Avalon+Dallas+Byron situation, way too much story.
Ending Avalon at Act 7 is like canceling Firefly after only 13 episodes!

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Really good update!
My only issue would be ending Avalon at Act 7. The game has so much more to story to tell, Byron's father, Penny's story, what happened to his sister, the Avalon+Dallas+Byron situation, way too much story.
Ending Avalon at Act 7 is like canceling Firefly after only 13 episodes!
There is gonna be an act 7 and 8, and depending on how much he gets done in those it can go all the way to 10+ acts, at least thats what he is toying around with.

Last edited:

JebBush

Jun 12, 2017
Patch isnt working for me. Still says friends. And yes I renamed the file to get rid of the numbers.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Patch isnt working for me. Still says friends. And yes I renamed the file to get rid of the numbers.
are you using a new save or an older save made prior to act 6 release? try and use the act select and see if works.

JebBush

Jun 12, 2017
are you using a new save or an older save made prior to act 6 release? try and use the act select and see if works.
New save. I got to the scene without the patch, closed the game, installed the patch, then loaded a save before act 6, didn't work. But I tried act select and it works.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Patreon won't allow the option for players to customize characters relations?

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
What is going on with Byron's father and his search for the Spear of Destiny?

Aug 18, 2019
Replace the script.rpy file in the game folder with the attached one to change byron and leah into siblings instead of "friends"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
this is purely fan-made right? because i never saw a patch for the "not really my uncle" switcheroo in the base release

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
this is purely fan-made right? because i never saw a patch for the "not really my uncle" switcheroo in the base release
yes its purely fan-made, Lockheart has nothing to do with it.

There isnt a patch for Byron and Avalon because Byron is not Avalons real uncle since Avalons mom isnt the sister of Byron, he is adopted. Leah however is Byrons real sister, but because of Patreon the dev cant have them be related, so i made the patch to restore the real relation between them so that the story/dialouge makes sense.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018

Dear Fans,
I'm releasing a minor update to Avalon. I've fixed the issue with Penny's textbox coming up as Queen Naudica. That's the only issue I've heard there was in v6.1. That's actually incredible, it looks like we caught most of the errors before release. I'm really happy about that.
I also redid Penny and Byron's first meeting. I felt like her hair, outfit and personality didn't fit. It's been bothering me for a long time and I felt like I'd just get it done. Her initial meeting with Byron has been completely redone and I updated the renders for the night scene when she meets Avalon.
Here's a preview:

I felt like this look suited her better. And the alteration to her dialogue offers a more mature yet still rowdy Penny. Let me know what you think!
I don't believe this version is worth downloading just for those two scenes unless your an avid fan and can't wait. But I would recommend checking it out when the second half of Act 6 releases.
I'll have my Progress Report out Monday. Thanks, everyone! Here are the updated versions:
PC -
Mac -
Android -

Shenaniganzz

Jun 4, 2017
This game needs more Leiah!

Now that that's been said, this game is fantastic! It's hot, it's funny, I need more Avalon in my life! I love how different the two main storylines are. I chose Dallas first and really enjoyed it. Then, went back to try Octavia and that one was great, too! Really looking forward to future updates!!

Reactions: Boneprone

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I caught up with the game today.
In general the game has become too wordy, I guess this was always a possibility, but I found myself skipping through passages where the content of the conversation just seemed repetitive and through that not interesting.

The sex with Dallas was fine, but should have involved a few more actually sexual renders, it did all feel a bit abrupt and through that less hot than it could have been. Which is a shame, because Dallas is a great character and very sexy.

I really liked Leah and the hints at another character with that look and name, I for one would want to see more of her.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Now that Byron is with Avalon it could be interesting if Leah returns.
The Dallas+Penny relationship has quite a few possibilities as does the Avalon's with Penny.

Jan 28, 2019
1) Byron was adopted by Frank and Wendy. Their biological daughter, Sharol, had a daughter herself who is Avalon. Byron being adopted is significant to the story because his real father impacts the story. If it's not your thing, that's fine.

2) The guest room is already Avalon's room because it was hers when she was a baby. The house Byron is living in was Avalon's father's house before he passed away. Johnny, Avalon's father, left the house to his wife, Sharol, when he passed but she gave it to Byron when she found it too difficult to live in due to the memories of her husband. It's all explained organically through the story.

3) This is my first visual novel and yes, the dialogue does improve. But Byron is a bit goofy and if that's not your sense of humor, I've listed some recommendations of other games you might find more enjoyable below.

4) Yep, just like every other visual novel, there are choices that don't actually do anything. I'm just more forward about the fact that they're just flavor text. There are four paths in Avalon that are significantly different from one another and you'll have to experience all of them to get 100% of the sex scenes.

I really don't think you'll enjoy Avalon. It sounds like you'd enjoy work from a developer with a little more experience. I'm still in the early stages and I've got a long way to go. I know Love of Magic is supposed to be really good with a lot more choices and even a gameplay element. Light of My Life has more choices and the dialogue flows better. The Headmaster is a great sandbox-style visual novel with lots of sexual encounters but it uses Honey Select instead of Daz3D.

I certainly want you to have a good experience in this niche of AVNs, even if it isn't with Avalon. Sorry to hear your experience here was less than desirable. Perhaps check back when I start my next visual novel. Thank you for giving it a chance! :)

Well, when I said before "just started the game," I meant that literally. I had JUST started it.
Having loaded it up tonight and doing the full playthrough of Octavia's route, I'm ready to address some things.
So, I'm seeing where I was unnecessarily overzealous with my criticism. It wasn't warranted.

So, point 1 and 2 are taken to be me being a dick and making assumptions about things, without giving the game a chance to explain.
Point 3? Having completed the game thus far, I understand MC's humor and behavior better now. It's still not to my taste, but it makes sense for the character and plot.

Point 4 I still want to argue about a little. Starting over to do Dallas' route, I really don't see how making a choice there prohibits the other character. I understand, from a writing point of view, it's easier for one or the other... but from a story point of view, Dallas is still Avalon's best friend. To have her be totally absent from the plot because I went to a library feels weird.
It actually isn't a "see all the scenes" thing with me. I know I can just go back through the game, and skip dialog I've already seen to hurry to new renders.
It's more about... I don't know... I think plot holes like that just bug me. When I can't see a reason for why it must be one or the other, I wonder "why not both."
If I have to choose one or the other, I can't help but wonder if that choice could come later, after all the characters were introduced.

I did enjoy the game, and I'm looking forward to more released. Even if not harem, the game has a poly route, that with octavia, at least (still very early in Dallas playthrough), is doing a good job of making things feel earned.
And seeing as you are making games, and I'm not, I certainly can't go after you for it being your first game! I've imagined what my first project would look like.... it isn't pretty.

One last criticism I want to make is, I feel, too important to just leave out:
Timeframe. Everything feels supremely rushed.
If all the events I've played up to now were spread over a few weeks, instead of a few days, it would feel more natural. As is, everything falls together very fast. That is the single biggest hit to believability.
I think the game would benefit, greatly, from "empty days," where you don't even need to make scenes for. Just acknowledge that normal days are going by. Adjust dialog to acknowledge that.
I mean, by the end of my playthrough, I think it was something like... 5, maybe 6 days, since game start when she moved in.
Even if that got spread out a little, so it was 2 weeks, that still gives the game more believability for the characters growing together.

Oh. I like Leah. She's pretty, interesting, and I would like to see more of her. What I'm unsure of is if she's actually the MC's sister, and that got changed to "friend" because of patreon, or if she is actually unrelated.
In either event, yes, I, for one, am interested to see more of her character. Even if no romance, I'd like to see MC heal/mend that up.

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019
New progress report out on Patreon.

4.20 star(s) 112 Votes