4.20 star(s) 112 Votes

kantigura

Mar 17, 2019
I just tried this VN for the first time. I have gotten to the point of choosing monogamous or polyamorous; before I waste much time on the polyamorous path, does it only include Avalon and the side character or is the MC involved at all with the side character?

nevermoreXX

Mar 25, 2020
I didn't get any game picking choices it was all story with some silly remarks that you can pick the only game choice I picked was either to have mono or poly other than that no story braking choices that was said at the beginning of the game
When you start game , first thing that happens is question , would you like to rename MC name_change.jpg

2.no story braking choices that was said at the beginning of the game

It says it has game altering choice, then it refers to polyamory and mono.
wrong_choice.jpg

nevermoreXX

Mar 25, 2020
Lockheart
I understand that you had to do shit load of game text alteration when u switched from Byron name to [player_name]
and in process you lost some very cute and charming conversation.
But there is a easy way to get some of it back , without breaking save files.
Thanks to the Winterfire assistance in this post

Look what it can do (line is same as pre-byron name change) and i think it looks very cute when she refers to MC as Mr.X
abbrevition.jpg

Its very easy to make that. My name starts with B
So, this is all that had to be changed

d "Wow, Mr.[player_name[0]] steppin' up to the plate."
Basically [player_name[0]]
strips player_name to first letter only! So it can be used as abbreviated , then just add Mr. in front and u get very charming name calling
Or at least i think its charming. It resembles how Dallas was refering to MC in original story name
OFC if your name starts with Z, she would call you Mr.Z

Reactions: Ayhsel

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I just tried this VN for the first time. I have gotten to the point of choosing monogamous or polyamorous; before I waste much time on the polyamorous path, does it only include Avalon and the side character or is the MC involved at all with the side character?
MC has action with either Dallas or Octavia, depending who you pick.

The whole idea of the poly relationship is that Avalon isn't ready for sex with a man after what happened to her so she wants someone else to take care of him but also has some fun with them herself.

kantigura

Mar 17, 2019
MC has action with either Dallas or Octavia, depending who you pick.

The whole idea of the poly relationship is that Avalon isn't ready for sex with a man after what happened to her so she wants someone else to take care of him but also has some fun with them herself.
Very cool, thank you for the response.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Any way we can have the previous Penny back? I liked the 'spunky' look she had going for her far better than the casual look she has now.

Edit: Okay... So why did Penny get a head change only in a couple scenes, but in most she was left alone?

nevermoreXX

Mar 25, 2020
x "There's two acts left to go; Act 6 and Act 7."
Thanks kinda disappointing to hear? Isn't that kinda too short? :(

Edit: Okay... So why did Penny get a head change only in a couple scenes, but in most she was left alone?
i actually prefer the way she looks now as redone. She had very weird face before. Before I was even skipping her scenes because of her face and teeth it was all sticking out in wrong way

Last edited:

xrayman2k4

Jun 10, 2017
I'm slowly catching up on games I've not played since before this pandemic bullshit. Believe me, working from home might cut out that 3-hour commute, but just introduces more work :(

Anyhoo, forget my woes, bring on the whoas!!

Today I played poly & mono for both paths, from the start to end of 0.64. It was my first venture into anything but mono Octavia, and I like what I found. A lot. Mono path is teh suck - you are only sharing a widdle bit, and getting so much more in return on the poly routes, that the mono route is made redundant in comparison.

Penny has changed so much. Is it just a new hair style? It seems like so much more but I have done side by side comparisons and apart from new (better) hair and wardrobe (meh, I preferred the black gear in the lingerie store) it's the same Penny, but she looks better. And boy does she get the best scenes. My favourite is where Faith thinks she has her cuffed and she makes that hand gesture. Comedic class! Almost as good as the interchanges between Merc & Lance.

The core story needs a bloody health warning, though. Talk about a tear-jerker. This site is renowned for a different kind of jerking, IIRC :p

I'll hopefully be keeping a closer eye on this if I ever manage to learn how to manage my free time. I wonder who's at the door? :D

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
yup total blue baller game ...another prime candidate to tossed in growing abandoned pile
How is it blue balling you sweetness, there are multiple sex scenes. I guess if you ignore the sex then that's technically true but that would be silly.

Thanks kinda disappointing to hear? Isn't that kinda too short? :(
Dev has said from the start it was short, there isn't much story left to tell.

It was extended to fit in a certain character then once Avalon gets over her fears the story has been told.

nevermoreXX

Mar 25, 2020
How is it blue balling you sweetness, there are multiple sex scenes. I guess if you ignore the sex then that's technically true but that would be silly.

Dev has said from the start it was short, there isn't much story left to tell.

It was extended to fit in a certain character then once Avalon gets over her fears the story has been told.
UYeah sure i get that. But there is so much story that can be told , the happy part, i like happy part, their salon opens, penny missions, they all find a way to mingle together and build relationship for life.. go on adventures ..stuff, you know.. happy stuff.

P.S
I mean i could be made like Season 1 , right? And then make season 2 new things happening

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
yup total blue baller game ...another prime candidate to tossed in growing abandoned pile
WTF? And quoting an "ancient" message (from the first page, 7 months ago!) doesn't make it better...
UYeah sure i get that. But there is so much story that can be told , the happy part, i like happy part, their salon opens, penny missions, they all find a way to mingle together and build relationship for life.. go on adventures ..stuff, you know.. happy stuff.

P.S
I mean i could be made like Season 1 , right? And then make season 2 new things happening
Maybe there is an Act 8, too. Here' s an excerpt from the Devs latest Patreon Post:

"Act Seven will mark the end of the main story, with Act Eight being essentially a bonus episode with character bonding and intimacy. I'm going to take the rest of the year to finish Avalon. After the last two Acts, I'll go through and do more polishing. Next year I'll start on Penny's game."

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

P.S
But then he'd be dragging out a story he'd already planned.

He'd already planned for this one and his next project.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
But then he'd be dragging out a story he'd already planned.

He'd already planned for this one and his next project.
Yeah though I personally would not mind if more devs also would plan for the period after first sex. :) Then again it sounds like that extra act is exactly that, so no use shouting before we saw that. :p

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I suppose with any story, regardless of quality or content, there will be some people who dislike it. I don't understand what complaints anyone could have with this game — a meaningful story, clever humor, beautiful renders, well-moderated music, several sex scenes — other than minor ones (not enough of a specific character or w/e). I'm very much enjoying the game and look forward to the Penny for Your Thoughts game next year.

I think at one point Lockheart said the fantasy scenes (Queen Naudica, Tsera Kixx, Sun Mei, etc.) were for patrons as a bonus or something — I can't remember for sure. In any case, I would also love to see these characters (and more) in a full-blown fantasy game at some point in the future, if Lockheart ever feels a story brewing for them.

Reactions: juan palote
4.20 star(s) 112 Votes