4.20 star(s) 112 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well, it's not really a complaint even. I suppose I'm just confused about the decision. So based on your response, many people actually like the Penny character? and that's why the dev is moving forward with her? I felt her irritatingly obnoxious :LOL: To each his own though I guess. Hoped for more of the Avalon character
Actually I do not know how many like or dislike Penny, though i do suppose that with how game developed those who did not like her or did not like fact MC was not really the star of the show moved away quite some time ago.

Reactions: PapaSnabes1

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Actually I do not know how many like or dislike Penny, though i do suppose that with how game developed those who did not like her or did not like fact MC was not really the star of the show moved away quite some time ago.
I see, that makes sense. Yeah that was one of the things about the game that puzzled me, there was way too much focus on Penny's story, I've never seen a game with so little narrative for the MC. I guess it makes sense if the devs plan all along was to make Penny the focus

Interimaru

Jan 1, 2020
His complaint is more I think that the focus during those 8 episodes was maybe not there where he expected it and someone else waltzed in and stole the show. :p You can agree or disagree with him on that.
Truer words have never been spoken. But I actually do agree with him. :D

7 chapters of build-up (a good one, by the way, along with the story) with barely any lewd...ity with Avalon. As well, I'm not throwing any hate, it's just creating some high expectations related to the main girl (which we can afford to say that 99% of the ones playing it were fond of) and then throw a hot redhead sister through the end, and then...

If Penny will be the protagonist on the next game, that's dev's decision alone. But that doesn't mean that we don't deserve (care lightly that I don't mean it in a negative way) at least 2 or 3 chapters of good/lewd content with Avalon before the game is marked completed.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Well, it's not really a complaint even. I suppose I'm just confused about the decision. So based on your response, many people actually like the Penny character? and that's why the dev is moving forward with her? I felt her irritatingly obnoxious :LOL: To each his own though I guess. Hoped for more of the Avalon character
Yeah he really fell in love with his own character for some reason and seemingly lost interest in this games central characters. It started out so promisingly with a real take on sexual assault. Then Penny arrives and it all becomes silly and unrealistic.

I have a suspicion Avalon may have sex as the ending of the game. Finally overcoming her trauma. Or else maybe she dies and Leah gets her heart.

Or a tribe of ninja space lizards arrive and Penny has to save everyone with only a sheet of paper and a toothpick.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Truer words have never been spoken. But I actually do agree with him. :D

7 chapters of build-up (a good one, by the way, along with the story) with barely any lewd...ity with Avalon. As well, I'm not throwing any hate, it's just creating some high expectations related to the main girl (which we can afford to say that 99% of the ones playing it were fond of) and then throw a hot redhead sister through the end, and then...

If Penny will be the protagonist on the next game, that's dev's decision alone. But that doesn't mean that we don't deserve (care lightly that I don't mean it in a negative way) at least 2 or 3 chapters of good/lewd content with Avalon before the game is marked completed.
Yes exactly this! All that build up, at least a bit more story and lewds for the Avalon character was expected. Agree about the sister too. I mean I'm just not that interested in her character in general, but it was even stranger that she just becomes this prominent focus right at what is to be the end of the game, and from the sounds of it she will have a big role in the new Penny game? The sister basically cock-blocked the MC at the end there :LOL:

Yeah he really fell in love with his own character for some reason and seemingly lost interest in this games central characters. It started out so promisingly with a real take on sexual assault. Then Penny arrives and it all becomes silly and unrealistic.

I have a suspicion Avalon may have sex as the ending of the game. Finally overcoming her trauma. Or else maybe she dies and Leah gets her heart.

Or a tribe of ninja space lizards arrive and Penny has to save everyone with only a sheet of paper and a toothpick.
Yeah that's one of the reasons why I found Penny's character annoying, all her antics were silly and didn't seem to fit the tone of the rest of the story.

But ya I expect Avalon will finally have sex in the last part, for the dev to finish the game without her even having sex with MC ONCE :eek: If she dies though to give her heart to the damn sister :mad:

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I personally don't think I'll ever like Penny, mostly because I hate when a writer takes a sledge (Penny) to do the job of a wrench/spanner (well-developed plot in the story).
I suppose his patrons could like it, but that's probably why there are so few. I've said before there are numerous problems with this game. Or the constant cockblocking by using Avalon's trauma or random interruptions. I mean there are only 2 sex scenes period and that's with Dallas/Octavia.
What is annoying me right now is this game has a huge potential to continue for a long time yet is being sold short for a side character AKA Penny... Truth be told keep her as a side character and do this game right. I thinks its great they want to do a spin off game but dont kill this game for it. This story is truly only in the beginning and it's sad to see it ending.
in reality it is so incredibly cheesy and the dialogue gets really awkward all the time.
Not to mention how often the characters just react to situations in completely unbelievable ways.

And don't get me started on Penny, yes at times she is funny, but it's annoying how much time and attention she gets in a VN where she is supposedly just a side character.
Ok I scrolled a page back and glad to see that others noticed the same things as me regarding the Penny character, the abrupt ending, and cockblocking...it just feels so unfulfilling if the game were to end now. The thing I find strange is that upon looking at the devs Patreon, he barely has any patrons right now. I don't know how many he had before but to me this suggests that the story either never caught on, or patrons left because of the weird shift in the story. Either way, why do you choose to build your new game around a character that many apparently didn't like in your current game? :unsure: Just doesn't make sense

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The thing I find strange is that upon looking at the devs Patreon, he barely has any patrons right now. I don't know how many he had before but to me this suggests that the story either never caught on, or patrons left because of the weird shift in the story.
There's been a steady increase in patronage over time. It seems to be a fairly typical trend with any new, successfully growing developer on Patreon.
Lockheart-Graphtreon.png
Either way, why do you choose to build your new game around a character that many apparently didn't like in your current game? :unsure: Just doesn't make sense
I haven't really looked on their Patreon for comments or anything; I would guess they have done some polling or something (perhaps on their Discord) to find out what their patrons and/or other fans want from the next game. I would definitely say Penny is not universally disliked or liked; what I have seen seems like a decent mix between the two.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I personally love the character. She is fun and fresh. But it is also true that Penny essentially works in Avalon as the solution to pretty much all problems:
- catch a rapist? done.
- get a place to work for Dallas? done
- Have problems with your underworld daddy? done

The problem with this is that at some point it just renders the reader without excitement. Ohh.. there is a nuclear bomb about to explode. I am sure Penny will fix that.
It is also true that she needs to show more flaws, but I am expecting those to appear in her own story.

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Yeah, I also struggle with Avalon since the omnipresence of Penny. Actually, the game could have been renamed to "Penny safes the world" already now. I haven't played the last two releases yet - and I'm not sure I'm going to anymore. Penny is cute, but definitely not a main character in an erotic game for me. So I will skip the following Penny game as well.

Well, lockheart isn't active here on F95 anymore but I definitely wish him all the best for the future and his new project.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Yeah, I also struggle with Avalon since the omnipresence of Penny. Actually, the game could have been renamed to "Penny safes the world" already now. I haven't played the last two releases yet - and I'm not sure I'm going to anymore. Penny is cute, but definitely not a main character in an erotic game for me. So I will skip the following Penny game as well.

Well, lockheart isn't active here on F95 anymore but I definitely wish him all the best for the future and his new project.
I will pass on the Penny game too. I recommend playing the latest update though. You get a sex scene with either Octavia or Dallas depending. Both are pretty fun scenes.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

I also skipped the last update. Precisely because it feels like the original emotion of the novel is no longer there. Avalon started as a novel about a very troubled girl and a lonely uncle, coping with their demons. But too fast they become a nice, loving and happy couple. All the drama, all the conflict, all the emotion that was there in the beginning faded away.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it is a good novel. But instead of feeling it is too short as I reading some comments do, I feel like we are already in the "happily ever after" after story. Any slight problem remaining will clearly be solved away without too much effort.

Last edited:

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
I also skipped the last update. Precisely because it feels like the original emotion of the novel is no longer there. Avalon started as a novel about a very trouble girl and a lonely uncle, coping with their demons. But too fast they become a nice, loving and happy couple. All the drama, all the conflict, all the emotion that was there in the beginning faded away.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it is a good novel. But instead of feeling it is too short as I reading some comments do, I feel like we are already in the "happily ever after" after story. Any slight problem remaining will clearly be solved away without too much effort.
That's the issue. It's mixed messaging. One second she won't let him touch her and jokes about poking him with a finger. The next she's jumping into his arms. One second she can't be intimate. Then she's asking for vibrator lessons and wearing bunny outfits jumping his bones. Then back to being unable to handle even discussion of intercourse.

On one hand you could argue she ends up dating her own uncle vastly too quick. No slow burn at all. However you could also argue it's too short because at most we will get one sex scene with Avalon if that by the end.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I also skipped the last update. Precisely because it feels like the original emotion of the novel is no longer there. Avalon started as a novel about a very trouble girl and a lonely uncle, coping with their demons. But too fast they become a nice, loving and happy couple. All the drama, all the conflict, all the emotion that was there in the beginning faded away.

Yes, I completely agree with that. And for me, the game has moved too far away from Avalon (actually the name giver of the game titel). Well, too bad about the game.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
His complaint is more I think that the focus during those 8 episodes was maybe not there where he expected it and someone else waltzed in and stole the show. :p You can agree or disagree with him on that.
Yup. To me it started out Avalon ended up Avalon: Penny's introduction and Prequel vn. :p the devs kind of made her and forgot about the original story :ROFLMAO:

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
That's the issue. It's mixed messaging. One second she won't let him touch her and jokes about poking him with a finger. The next she's jumping into his arms. One second she can't be intimate. Then she's asking for vibrator lessons and wearing bunny outfits jumping his bones. Then back to being unable to handle even discussion of intercourse.

On one hand you could argue she ends up dating her own uncle vastly too quick. No slow burn at all. However you could also argue it's too short because at most we will get one sex scene with Avalon if that by the end.
Agree with all of this, the pacing to me was odd and the characters flipflopping didn't make sense at times. Ah well, hopefully we get that sex scene with Avalon at least. I'll pass on Penny game if there's no Avalon or Dallas

Reactions: RustyV

redraw

Apr 6, 2019
Just hope any future games have a steadier through line.

And maybe slightly more proportionate eyeballs.

4.20 star(s) 112 Votes