4.20 star(s) 112 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I really hope Lockheart reconsiders and doesnt end this game prematurely. It is a really good story and could go on so much longer. i know he said it is for learning experience and such but keep making the game and learning to make it better each time instead of ending a really good story.
A good story need a end though. If you keep drag it out you water it down. Rather than keep drag it out, give it a good end it deserve. So many games that keep drag out and throw in new characters to bone adding more and more cogs to the story. Doesn't necessary make it better.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Avalon [v7.5] Lockheart

Original Size Win/Linux: 2.28 GB
Original Size Mac: 2.26 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 842 MB
Compressed Size Mac: 825 MB

Win/Linux:
Mac:

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

rev_01

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2020
A good story need a end though. If you keep drag it out you water it down. Rather than keep drag it out, give it a good end it deserve. So many games that keep drag out and throw in new characters to bone adding more and more cogs to the story. Doesn't necessary make it better.
Yes, this is true except for the fact it feels like he's kind of rushing to get to the end. There's so much we're still yet to see with the characters and learn about. Still so much to their stories. I feel like the game is only ending prematurely to make way for his next game. I'd much rather see Avalon come to conclusion with the stories finishing. It feels like he's not going to finish their stories here but instead do it in the next game, except we still have so much more to see.

I'm not really a huge fan of Penny so I'd much rather see Avalon's story continue and see her relationship with MC grow even further, but instead it feels like that is being tossed aside way too soon for the Penny story.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Lockheart

Very nice update. You're an unbelievable bastard! When Sharol shot Byron, I was about ready to murder you!

Just as a point of information, I would be surprised if you didn't know, but if not, you should be aware that there is nothing that says that all members of a poly relationship need to be sexually involved with each other. There would be nothing weird or strange or unexpected about Leah being involved sexually only with Byron. The only requirement is that all of the people involved are aware of and approve of each other. There is no reason to leave Leah out in the cold unless she is fundamentally opposed to sharing Byron.
Wow I need to play the last update now and see what you're referring to.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I really hope Lockheart reconsiders and doesnt end this game prematurely. It is a really good story and could go on so much longer. i know he said it is for learning experience and such but keep making the game and learning to make it better each time instead of ending a really good story.
They fell in love with Penny so I don't think they will extend past 8. It's sad.

Last edited:

meanmanatee

Oct 20, 2017
Honestly, if Avalon actually forgives her mother and tries to keep a relationship with her after all of this it will be a sign of poor writing or of her utter failure to heal. She abused Avalon for all of these years, brought a man who raped her, kicked her out of the house while calling her a slut when she had no fallback plan, and then tried to shoot the man Avalon loved which would destroy what little happiness she had built after all of that abuse. Forgiveness in this case isn't keeping a relationship. It is not sending the fat bitch to prison or a shallow grave. Avalon can only actually get better if she completely removes her mother from her life. An ending where they reconnect will feel so contrived and unhealthy. It would actually be a fitting tragic ending if Sharol shot herself after trying to kill the MC. A realistic case of being unable to beat your demons but at least not wanting them to haunt your family.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but it seems that the new content in this update only shows up on the poly path.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's not ending prematurely, it was a short game from the off. Dev said it was going to be 7 episodes long, he's extending it by 1 so you get extra.

rev_01

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2020
It's not ending prematurely, it was a short game from the off. Dev said it was going to be 7 episodes long, he's extending it by 1 so you get extra.
If it's not ending prematurely, then it's kind of rushed. So many paths that are still yet to be closed. Who knows, the update might close them off nicely and I'll eat my words, but from where we are right now, looks like it still has so much to achieve and close. But I think the vast majority will be finished in Penny For Your Thoughts. If Lockheart manages to wrap up the paths nicely though, props to him. Not easy to do when it looks like it still has so much more to go.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
If it's not ending prematurely, then it's kind of rushed. So many paths that are still yet to be closed. Who knows, the update might close them off nicely and I'll eat my words, but from where we are right now, looks like it still has so much to achieve and close. But I think the vast majority will be finished in Penny For Your Thoughts. If Lockheart manages to wrap up the paths nicely though, props to him. Not easy to do when it looks like it still has so much more to go.
What paths?

The only plot points in the story are Avalon getting over her fear of sex after the rape, which was this update, and her uncle getting over the guilt of the death of his friend.

Faith has gone off with the mercs, Leah is in the extended update that will finish hers and the romance arks are in the next update.

Everything to do with Avalon's mother is dealt with and all that with the MC's dad was wrapped up.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
I decided to pick up the game and have noticed something strange. In act 1, I picked Octavia. Once I got to act 2, when Byron is about to go pick up Avalon's stuff from her mom, he calls Dallas and there's a huge conversation about them meeting the night before. That makes no sense in the path I've picked. Have I somehow hit a bug? I tried searching but didn't see anything about that in the first 2 pages

rev_01

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2020
What paths?

The only plot points in the story are Avalon getting over her fear of sex after the rape, which was this update, and her uncle getting over the guilt of the death of his friend.

Faith has gone off with the mercs, Leah is in the extended update that will finish hers and the romance arks are in the next update.

Everything to do with Avalon's mother is dealt with and all that with the MC's dad was wrapped up.
I haven't played yet because I'm waiting for the mono end, but if it's all wrapped up, then I have no complaints. Wasn't expecting him to be able to wrap it all up in one update, but good on him for managing to do it. Hopefully though it's not wrapped up in a rushed way like Freeloading Family was, but I'll see what happens when I play. The game has been pretty good so I think he'll deliver though.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
Pennys like James Bond, Jason Bourne and Ethan Hunt all rolled into 1 its ridiculous, and im really surprised that the 1st time we get to have sex with Avalon its alone, i really thought Dallas would be involved so that was great

Reactions: ImmortalNight
4.20 star(s) 112 Votes