4.20 star(s) 112 Votes
Jul 20, 2020
I originally avoided this VN because I assumed it'd be more... drama filled. After playing it today and just finishing it (poly ending) I'm VERY glad I decided to play it. Solid humor, decent story, characters are decently fleshed out and I actually really liked Penny.

I kinda wish Leah could've been part of the group, but overall, I was happy with what I played/saw. I know that the actual ending is coming next update (right?). So I'm eager to see how that all unfolds.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
That's a matter of opinion that I don't personally share. I would love to know more about her and see more of their relationship. Sadly the devs prefer Penny and it is their baby. But that said there is always places to go with characters. Imo.
Fair enough, there are places they could go, but with everything these people have been through in such a short time, I'd be concerned about straining credibility. Like a tv series that drags on because it can, not because it has anything worthwhile to say.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Fair enough, there are places they could go, but with everything these people have been through in such a short time, I'd be concerned about straining credibility. Like a tv series that drags on because it can, not because it has anything worthwhile to say.
Touche'. I feel I want just a bit more with the respective partners. There was a lot of side stories that ate up the vn. Maybe a vacation or some kind of bonding times with just the ones in a relationship for one whole update. But I do get your point, and they do suggest to writers to leave your audience wanting more... so there is that.

Reactions: Faptime

Scarecrow13

Jul 16, 2017
Look...I know people have hopes and expectations. I sure do. But...if you like this game, why not trust the instincts of the creator? At least a little? Especially before simply blocking them off. It's just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Next game will have a Male protag. Penny will OBVIOUSLY be a primary character. Sounds like she's going to start a business, which I bet the MC will work for. That puts Penny in a "plot driver" and "facilitator" position.

It just seems weird to have a mentality of "I like something this person/team made so much that I'm going to reject anything else they do". But everyone has their own tastes, so...

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
im with immortal its wrong and worse this game has potential to go further and many of us have said so and also said we do not even have any interest in a "Penny" game... she is a side character nothing more yet she has completely taken over the Avalon story before the main story really had a chance.
I don't even like Penny. I would be perfectly fine with her not even being in the game.

I'd would have liked the game more if it had only centered around the MC, Avalon, Dallas and Leah.

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Nooo, What, you're sure, how, certain, noooo, come on, what, i don't belive you, nooooo.

Leah doesn't fuck with Byron (MC) ? But I'M Byron, i'm the one controling Byron, so if Leah fuck Byron, then it mean that i'm beeing fuck by Leah by proxy and i want to be ravaged by the beautifull Leah. :love:

• Sad
Reactions: ImmortalNight
Jul 13, 2018
This game feels different than the other games and honestly that is what i like about it. No exageratted sex scenes , a good story with good humor, and the sex scenes it have honestly are enough for me . I like a good story more than a lot of sex scenes. As for Penny for your Thoughts the MC seems cool and like somebody i can relate with since he is also younger than Avalon MC

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
1) Would I like some brother sister poly incestuous love with Leah/Avalon/Dallas? HELL YES! Am I gonna cry if it doesn't happen? Nope.

2) Penny rules! I'm looking forward to the new game where Lockheart has more XP in game design. (Especially since someone says there's a male protag, (I'm not really into female protag) ).

3) I DO want to see some Soon mei? (I forget the asian girls name in the psych's office) sex scenes. Hope those come in the last 2 updates.

Bottom line, this was a GREAT game, nice drama, good wrting, nice humor. All in all a solid A IMHO.

I especially loved Avalon going that last step in spite of MC being a bit (respectfully) timid in his approach.

Last edited by a moderator:

meanmanatee

Oct 20, 2017
Bottom line, this was a GREAT game, nice drama, good wrting, nice humor. All in all a solid A IMHO.

I especially loved Avalon going that last step in spite of MC being a bit (respectfully) timid in his approach.
This is why people are sad. The game has so much more to explore with Byron and Avalon that it feels like we are missing out in ending it at this point. Penny being a good character is a matter of taste but I am with the majority that I can't see her as a main character or main interest. She is the wacky side character which is fine imo.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Here also a final comment from me about the game Avalon.

I can only agree with most people here. I had my problems with Avalon in the beginning (yeah, the big eyes), but then I really loved it because of the great story AND the graphics. The in my opinion rather unnecessary additions according to some wishes of players here - additional (unimportant) choices etc - have already reduced the quality of the game a bit, but it was still a good game. But since the appearance of Penny, the game itself has changed completely. It became a wild mixture of slapstick and drama, jumping from one extreme to the other. Then these new characters with their actual side stories have also replaced the basic story of Avalon more and more. And I didn't even get to the once again added side character "Leah" - I had given up already...

Another thought of mine: Unfortunately I see a big problem coming up to the dev again. The game Avalon here has polarized a little bit, but with its basic idea it won some fans (including me originally). But as you can read here on the remaining fans, Penny polarizes even more. Again: for me she is definitely not a main character in an erotic game. I hope I'm wrong, but I see only a niche for the follow-up game.

So, enough of the pondering. I'm going to finish with Avalon (and keep the great start in mind). I wish the developer once again good luck with the Penny follow-up game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cavanhaquis

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Well thanks for spoiling the update. Kinda not interested in playing it now. Shame really.

Honestly wtf was the point of introducing her at all. Why have her and Byron clearly pine for each other. Why have Avalon even ask her.

It was already irksome that the MC driving everything is essentially Avalon and not the one you play as. So it's effectively a female MC game. That said apparently even she gets rejected by LIs. What happens with Sun Mei? Does she decide to bang her grandfather instead of the cuck MC. :rolleyes:
I mean...the game is literally called Avalon. For all real purposes, Avalon is the MC of this game. This game has already strayed too far from that original idea of Avalon and Byron healing together, along with Dallas or Octavia. There is no reason to have him bang his sister. She doesn't even need to exist. Just because she does exist, that doesn't mean MC needs to bang her. Not all females are LI's, they're plot characters.

This game was always going to be short, the dev said that when it first started. It wasn't supposed to have a lot of the things it currently has.

Originally, there were no Avalon only paths (either Octavia or Dallas would join). You couldn't rename Byron, no dialog choices etc. And ironically, all those were added because players asked for them. And even more ironic, those things lowered the initial quality of the game. This is a project that started well, and then he let the players influence him too much. Letting MC bang Leah would just further that issue.

Reactions: Faptime and KoGa3

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
I mean...the game is literally called Avalon. For all real purposes, Avalon is the MC of this game. This game has already strayed too far from that original idea of Avalon and Byron healing together, along with Dallas or Octavia. There is no reason to have him bang his sister. She doesn't even need to exist. Just because she does exist, that doesn't mean MC needs to bang her. Not all females are LI's, they're plot characters.

This game was always going to be short, the dev said that when it first started. It wasn't supposed to have a lot of the things it currently has.

Originally, there were no Avalon only paths (either Octavia or Dallas would join). You couldn't rename Byron, no dialog choices etc. And ironically, all those were added because players asked for them. And even more ironic, those things lowered the initial quality of the game. This is a project that started well, and then he let the players influence him too much. Letting MC bang Leah would just further that issue.
Um no. Those things all improved the game. Without them I would have already dropped it. Also the game had the incest tag, a custom relationship edit was added to avoid Patreon rules. Leah was always intended as a love interest.

If you're going to complain about straying too far take it up with Penny.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
So does Sun Mei actually get any action in any of the routes? I haven't seen any yet. If she's in the new game that might be enough for me to check out

It just seems weird to have a mentality of "I like something this person/team made so much that I'm going to reject anything else they do". But everyone has their own tastes, so...
That isn't what people have been saying though. From what I've read, and also how I feel, what people liked was the early parts of the game before it changed quite a bit in tone and storyline, mostly due to an excessive focus on side character Penny. Since that same character, that some of us including myself find extremely annoying will be the headline character of the new game, it's reasonable to assume we wouldn't enjoy it too much either.

Here also a final comment from me about the game Avalon.

I can only agree with most people here. I had my problems with Avalon in the beginning (yeah, the big eyes), but then I really loved it because of the great story AND the graphics. The in my opinion rather unnecessary additions according to some wishes of players here - additional (unimportant) choices etc - have already reduced the quality of the game a bit, but it was still a good game. But since the appearance of Penny, the game itself has changed completely. It became a wild mixture of slapstick and drama, jumping from one extreme to the other. Then these new characters with their actual side stories have also replaced the basic story of Avalon more and more. And I didn't even get to the once again added side character "Leah" - I had given up already...

Another thought of mine: Unfortunately I see a big problem coming up to the dev again. The game Avalon here has polarized a little bit, but with its basic idea it won some fans (including me originally). But as you can read here on the remaining fans, Penny polarizes even more. Again: for me she is definitely not a main character in an erotic game. I hope I'm wrong, but I see only a niche for the follow-up game.

So, enough of the pondering. I'm going to finish with Avalon (and keep the great start in mind). I wish the developer once again good luck with the Penny follow-up game.
Even though I jumped on this game way later than you, this just explained my entire process

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
The game is pretty cool, but as much girl name as there is to put Avalon, avalon is horse name. :eek:

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
I really don't get it. I picked Octavia at the start, I had the 1st scene where Byron meets her at the library, but that's it. The game only showed me Dallas scenes after that.

fieran

May 8, 2020
I really don't get it. I picked Octavia at the start, I had the 1st scene where Byron meets her at the library, but that's it. The game only showed me Dallas scenes after that.
I just ran through the game again and could not duplicate what happened to you. Can you start a fresh game and see if it happens to you again? Maybe keep track of any choices that you made as well, just in case.

4.20 star(s) 112 Votes