4.20 star(s) 112 Votes

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
The male protagonist in Penny's game looks like a joke. Wouldn't be shocked if he's gay. If Leah ends up with anyone there it will he lesbian nonsense with Penny.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Only reason I brought it up is because Leah is likely to be in Penny's story which is next and she is likely to end up with someone there.

Even if the dev returned to Avalon after Penny's game, Leah won't be in it, she'll already be with someone.

To be honest, the male protag in Penny's looks better for her.

I'd also be willing to put money on the dev never splitting up Avalon and Byron.
The male protag looks like a young creep panty sniffer. I expect his name to be max or Eric. :p

Reactions: ImmortalNight

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
We only seem one picture of him (I think). Let's wait to see how the story develops.

My main concern is, again, given that Penny is like a super hero, why not let her fix all the problem? That is the problem with too able characters, it end up being hard to justify why problems are not automatically solved.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
We only seem one picture of him (I think). Let's wait to see how the story develops.

My main concern is, again, given that Penny is like a super hero, why not let her fix all the problem? That is the problem with too able characters, it end up being hard to justify why problems are not automatically solved.
Thing is, we've only seen the end results of Penny's stuff here we haven't seen what she has to do.

We don't know she isn't having struggles behind the scenes.

If you put on a James Bond movie, started it and then skipped to the end it would look like he'd saved the world before breakfast.

We have people making a whole lot of assumptions without knowing what the dev has planned or how that character works when she isn't on screen.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Thing is, we've only seen the end results of Penny's stuff here we haven't seen what she has to do.

We don't know she isn't having struggles behind the scenes.

If you put on a James Bond movie, started it and then skipped to the end it would look like he'd saved the world before breakfast.

We have people making a whole lot of assumptions without knowing what the dev has planned or how that character works when she isn't on screen.
We'll see. I like Penny, I am just concerned of how a miracle worker has she been for the story. No problem faced was hard.

I particularly love the Byron, Penny scene, when she is trying to cheer him up. That was one of my favorite momets of her. No superpowers, just a very necessary hug and affection.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
We'll see. I like Penny, I am just concerned of how a miracle worker has she been for the story. No problem faced was hard.

I particularly love the Byron, Penny scene, when she is trying to cheer him up. That was one of my favorite momets of her. No superpowers, just a very necessary hug and affection.
As with most of her use in the story she's not needed there. It could have been anyone. In fact if it was Dallas or Leah or even the police guy as a male friend it would have been even better of a scene.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Sorry to those that like Penny but to me she is a side character and her involvement in the game took a lot away from the real Game known as Avalon. I am going to reserve my judgement on this "side chicks" own game. I also would be willing to bet if Penny had no over run Avalon and took over the story Leahs story integration may have been a lot different. to me she really really messed up the real story in Avalon.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
As with most of her use in the story she's not needed there. It could have been anyone. In fact if it was Dallas or Leah or even the police guy as a male friend it would have been even better of a scene.
You can argue no one in this story is necessary except Byron and Avalon. I like that appearance of her, precisely because it show a more human and less super hero perspective of her.

Whether Dallas or somebody else would have been better is a counterfactual.

Sorry to those that like Penny but to me she is a side character and her involvement in the game took a lot away from the real Game known as Avalon. I am going to reserve my judgement on this "side chicks" own game. I also would be willing to bet if Penny had no over run Avalon and took over the story Leahs story integration may have been a lot different. to me she really really messed up the real story in Avalon.
We have discussed this. But it was beyond Penny's fault, although she did accelerate things. The story has been over for a while now, this is more like the after story. It started as a story of a very trouble girl and was "fixed" a few chapters back. All remaining problems are just going to be fixed without any trouble and we are already in the happily ever after.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Without Penny, Avalon's rapist would still be free and probably end up killing her to keep her quiet.

Also Penny has no bearing on Leah's side of the story, she's only involved with Leah at the end which would have ended the same with or without Penny. Leah isn't interested in a relationship with both of them, if Penny wasn't taking her to another game she would have just gone back to work and still left.

Thing is, I see some of you talking about the "real" story yet the story is whatever the dev writes. You can't remove things to suit your personal preference.

Leah was never meant to get any more story content, she was only in the flashback. People decided they wanted to see more so dev added a bonus chapter to close her part of the story.

The story of Avalon itself is done, only the romance left to wrap up next update.

Reactions: ut1stgear1

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I don't think it was Penny's fault but the devs love of her. She wasn't a bad character but the dev changed everything once she was used and they decided that she would have her whole vn. That's when this vn started to feel not like avalon but the penny for your thoughts Prequel

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
That's very true. Leah was originally intended as a LI obviously. Only a complete imbecile would argue otherwise.

If it doesn't happen that's completely due to wanting to put her in Penny's game instead.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
You can argue no one in this story is necessary except Byron and Avalon. I like that appearance of her, precisely because it show a more human and less super hero perspective of her.

Whether Dallas or somebody else would have been better is a counterfactual.

We have discussed this. But it was beyond Penny's fault, although she did accelerate things. The story has been over for a while now, this is more like the after story. It started as a story of a very trouble girl and was "fixed" a few chapters back. All remaining problems are just going to be fixed without any trouble and we are already in the happily ever after.
None of these characters will have a happily ever after. What I mean by not needed is she plays a role that isn't needed. Others are love interests and integral to the story.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
That's very true. Leah was originally intended as a LI obviously. If it doesn't happen that's completely due to wanting to put her in Penny's game instead.
I gotta disagree with that. She felt to me as an after thought, if anything. Again, precisely because Avalon and Byron were already in a relationship and most problem were already essentially solved. Take away Leah completely and the core of the story does not change at all. Take away Penny, on the other hand, and the story would take a completely different approach.

None of these characters will have a happily ever after. What I mean by not needed is she plays a role that isn't needed. Others are love interests and integral to the story.
They are already in the happily ever after. Happily ever after does not mean there is not one single problem. Avalon will always be hurted by the fact that she was raped, but that does not mean she won't have an overall happy life with Byron (and potentially others in the poly route).

That is what I meant with the story ever after. While a story is not truly over until Dev have stated, the main plot driver has been resolved for a while and the only remaining things are miniscule in comparison. They are together and will grow. They may even break up, but that maybe another story.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I gotta disagree with that. She felt to me as an after thought, if anything. Again, precisely because Avalon and Byron were already in a relationship and most problem were already essentially solved. Take away Leah completely and the core of the story does not change at all. Take away Penny, on the other hand, and the story would take a completely different approach.
She is an afterthought of sorts.

She was meant to be in the flashback scene but that's all. She got a bonus chapter because people liked her but her involvement in the story is an addon.

That's very true. Leah was originally intended as a LI obviously. Only a complete imbecile would argue otherwise.

If it doesn't happen that's completely due to wanting to put her in Penny's game instead.
No she wasn't.

She was only meant to be in the flashback but the dev asked if people liked her and if she should get some bonus content.

She was never meant as a love interest.

If the dev hadn't asked or if people hadn't liked her then her content would have ended at the flashback. Everything after is bonus.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020

They are already in the happily ever after. Happily ever after does not mean there is not one single problem. Avalon will always be hurted by the fact that she was raped, but that does not mean she won't have an overall happy life with Byron (and potentially others in the poly route).

That is what I meant with the story ever after. While a story is not truly over until Dev have stated, the main plot driver has been resolved for a while and the only remaining things are miniscule in comparison. They are together and will grow. They may even break up, but that maybe another story.
Pretty obviously they both attract trouble. Without magic Penny to solve every problem they'll both likely end up leading very bad lives.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020

She was meant to be in the flashback scene but that's all. She got a bonus chapter because people liked her but her involvement in the story is an addon.

No she wasn't.

She was only meant to be in the flashback but the dev asked if people liked her and if she should get some bonus content.

If the dev hadn't asked or if people hadn't liked her then her content would have ended at the flashback. Everything after is bonus.
Obviously that's why the game had the incest tag and added a custom relationship for her to avoid Patreon rules. :rolleyes:

Oh and fyi this isn't even a discussion. Lockheart already stated she was a LI. So in fact was Penny originally.

Reactions: Cavanhaquis

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

No she wasn't.

Wrong, Leah was originally meant to be a LI, but Lock liked her too much to only have her feature in Avalon for the last 2 acts that he changed his mind and forced her into Penny's game.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Wrong, Leah was originally meant to be a LI, but Lock liked her too much to only have her feature in Avalon for the last 2 acts that he changed his mind and forced her into Penny's game.
Exactly. Though I suspect the real reason has less to do with game length and more an obvious disdain for this game, the male lead, and men in general. Likely she ends up with Penny as I said. I suspect the male lead is a cuckqueen into pegging.

4.20 star(s) 112 Votes