4.20 star(s) 112 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I hate repeating myself buuuut, it doesn't say anything about her being a love interest.

Say's they are adding a new character and used "friend" instead of sister.

Still not a love interest.

I'll wait for IK's facepalm, whining about the same thing for weeks and didn't get his way yet won't let it rest. Leah isn't a love interest, let it go.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Englen ImmortalNight Guys you can facepalm me all you want. The structure of the message is literally:

1) I took Penny out cause she needs to be free for her own story.
2) I included a new character to made up for Penny

How the hell you don't see that as an afterthought in the main story is beyond me. How can something that came to replace something that was already there and a decision that was made when the story was way past a midpoint be anything but an afterthought? Does not mean she is not important, but she was not an original love interest. You have the proof right there!

Reactions: Avaron1974

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Englen ImmortalNight Guys you can facepalm me all you want. The structure of the message is literally:

1) I took Penny out cause she needs to be free for her own story.
2) I included a new character to made up for Penny

How the hell you don't see that as an afterthought in the main story is beyond me. How can something that came to replace something that was already there and a decision that was made when the story was way past a midpoint be anything but an afterthought? Does not mean she is not important, but she was not an original love interest. You have the proof right there!
Bro the argument was whether she was a love interest. Afterthought or not.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
It is but it seems we use filthy logic that has no place here.

We should have read that paragraph and saw what wasn't there and made up the rest.
nah but you should definitely have read what Lock wrote on Patreon during the developement of Leah and beyond, and on his Discord instead of drawing your own conclusions after the decisions were made in favour of going in a different direction with Leah's story.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It is but it seems we use filthy logic that has no place here.

We should have read that paragraph and saw what wasn't there and made up the rest.
Lol it said she was a replacement for Penny in the harem and the ehm friend is telling as well, especially in a Patreon post. I have no interest in this game Avaron, since was not enough MC centered for my taste, but I am pretty sure your reading comprehension is not that bad and your trolling now. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Lol it said she was a replacement for Penny in the harem and the ehm friend is telling as well, especially in a Patreon post. I have no interest in this game Avaron, since was not enough MC centered for my taste, but I am pretty sure your reading comprehension is not that bad and your trolling now. ;) :ROFLMAO:
It said she's replacing Penny in the game not the harem. Penny was never meant for the harem.

The friend was replacing sister, we all know who she is.

The point is, she isn't a love interest and she is an afterthought, added to replace a character way past mid game.

If the dev intended her for a love interest, she would be a love interest.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It said she's replacing Penny in the game not the harem. Penny was never meant for the harem.

The point is, she isn't a love interest and she is an afterthought, added to replace a character way past mid game.

Read the post once more with open yes please, Basically what it says shortened in a bit:
bad news, penny will not be a part of the harem since she will get her own game. Instead of her I will add a new character to take her place there, that for Patreon code we will call a friend. :p

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Read the post once more with open yes please, Basically what it says shortened in a bit:
bad news, penny will not be a part of the harem since she will get her own game. Instead of her I will add a new character to take her place there, that for Patreon code we will call a friend. :p
Except she isn't a love interest and aside from 1 kiss in a flashback which he runs away from absolutely nothing else has happened and she says she isn't interested so won't be a love interest.

Glad we cleared this up.

Again.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Now he's gonna shift from "not intended to be a love interest" to "not currently a love interest". That guy is definitely trolling.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Except she isn't a love interest and aside from 1 kiss in a flashback which he runs away from absolutely nothing else has happened and she says she isn't interested so won't be a love interest.

Glad we cleared this up.

Again.
That is because the dev later changed his mind and put her differently in game as she had been intended, which is fair enough. Though why you would create a incestpatch for a friend that would not be a LI is beyond me, Patreon is nuts but not that bad. :p So I would contend that even at first introduction she was still intended as a harem girl.

A dev has the right to change his mind. Though neither of the two changes, increasing penny's importance and giving her a spin off or adding Leah and then again changing her role has helped this game likely, even if it might be great for the next game.

Last edited:

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
That is because the dev later changed his mind and put her differentlly in game as she had been intended, which is fair enough. A dev has the right to change his mind. Though neither of the two changes, increasing penny's importance and giving her a spin off or adding Leah and then again changing her role has helped this game likely, even if it might be great for the next game.
Feels like the true afterthought is Avalon the game.

Reactions: rick87

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I hate repeating myself buuuut, it doesn't say anything about her being a love interest.

Say's they are adding a new character and used "friend" instead of sister.

Still not a love interest.

I'll wait for IK's facepalm, whining about the same thing for weeks and didn't get his way yet won't let it rest. Leah isn't a love interest, let it go.

There's a key line in that post that Englen showed, "But if she's going to have her own story I need to split her off so she can go in her own direction." What this, I believe, clearly states is that Penny was initially going to be part of a harem ending but this would limit what she can do in her own game if she's tied down to the characters of this game, and female characters who end up in a harem ending are, by definition, love interests.

A "fuck buddy" or "random fling" character typically are not harem-worthy; those spots in a harem are reserved for characters that the MC has a romantic interest/involvement with. Therefore Penny was, according to this Patreon post by the dev, going to be a romantic interest of the MC, albeit a side one like Dallas or Octavia, and putting Leah in place of Penny is pretty much a confirmation that she was to take her place as an additional love interest and member of the harem ending.

Last edited:

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Just finished Avalon and it is indeed an amazing game in all aspects. Lockheart said on Patron and at the beginning of the game through Myrabelle that this would be a short game for several reasons but mostly because it was his 1st game. Keeping that in mind Avalon kept improving with Lockheart's skills. He added to the game as he improved those skills in a masterful way to include great images, very good animation and continued great story telling.

I see the intent of the game was that a young lady, Avalon, had a very life altering experience and needed to somehow recover from it. Thus the name of the game is Avalon. There are really two main protagonists, Avalon and Byron, who collectively helped each other through there mental troubles. When that was done then the game is over and so it will end after the next update.

There is also only two LI's in the game, Avalon and Byron. All the other characters are only side stories and become lust interests that have nor real long-lasting relationships in relation to the two protagonists.

Concerning Leah I think the post copied from a Patreon post is very clear that she is NOT and was never intended to be either a LI or lust interest but only a side story to replace Penny so Penny could have a game focused on her which may or may not include Leah. We have two more updates to possibly clear that up.

However, Leah captured enough interest that Lockheart is giving us a bonus update devoted to her.

Therefore, with the story of Byron and Avalon being at the point of having the proverbial happily ever after result it is very appropriate to end it and not try to extent it. It is done and time to move on to another story which will, according to the end screens, include many of the characters from Avalon.

4.20 star(s) 112 Votes