Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Hey guys. I want to say, sorry for the delay, and thanks for the support. For those who are upset, trust me, I understand. We had a longer patreon post drafted that went into more detail about the delay, but at some point, it sounded like excuse making, and it doesn't change anything. Basically, there was a lot on the plate this month, between the new Android port, the overhaul of 0.1.1b, finding a coder, looking for a new artist, and hashing out things that we thought would take less time than it did, and that all cut into time. The last few days were spent, when not working on the game, debating what to do about the release, and whether to split or if we could somehow make it by shifting later scenes forward.

None of this is an excuse, but at least it's an explanation.

What happened to the other artist? I thought it was only t4bbo working on renders.
It has been, but we had an artist/writer working on stuff for 0.8 I'm not going to call him out... he's an f95 guy and a big fan, you can scroll back to around December and January to see the story. I can't say why he left as I am not privy to his reasons. One thing I can say is that for varying reasons, T4bbo went from a small team of writers and an extra artist to just me, him and a proofreader at the beginning of the year. In this last month we've rebuilt the team somewhat, adding an extra proofreader (who is really good at it) and a coder as well and of course a new artist. It's just that doing all of that takes time...

401Grem

May 14, 2017
I have been following this game since, 0.0.3, and this has been the fourth or fifth delay of some kind for an update. At this point, it is just something to expect from t4bbo as his ambitions usually get the best of him when trying to meet a monthly deadline. I just wish he would accept this issue and not promise release dates when he has so consistently failed to meet them. Not trying to insult t4bbo and the team at all, just hope you guys get more strict and consistent about release schedules. As someone who is a $20 patron usually every other month, paying for a month and not getting anything for it does gets frustrating after it happening multiple times :/. Nevertheless, I understand how difficult the game development process is and how delays are inevitable for a game as great and ambitious as this. Good luck to t4bbo and the team on finishing the rest of 0.1.2!
Whether or not he promises a release date, doesn't matter. If he didn't, people would still expect it regardless, and spread defamation when it doesn't arrive on their arbitrary timeline.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
I am very disappointed with delay as well. And it is not 3-5 days delay but 2 weeks (mid may). I don't know how much content is there right now and i won't know if it is worth delaying the game. However, delaying the game is not the something that developers would want. It is big risk to disappoint customers. There is nothing we could do but to trust developer's judgement. I am sure it will be another great update in the end and hoping not to see anymore delays.

djemol

Apr 17, 2018
hello after reporting the phone to chris, I see jess who says I need it but I do not have an option for help..i am a 4 and 7 with it

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Probably not my place but I find a lot of the comments regarding the delay over on patreon not really fair. The last update was a big one and this next update seems promising to be even bigger. It's not until the end of May, just a week or two in, now if it was delayed until June I would understand but I think it's not too big a deal.

Haven't popped over to the discord in a week or so, but I think some people might have taken the news better if they were told what the delay was for. What was it that the team was not altogether pleased on? Was one route lacking in comparison to another one? Was there fighting in regards to content to put in (though thought that was the point of the poll)? @Burt Reynolds Mustache or @T4bbo it might help quench some of the rage over there if you guys gave out some more specific info regarding the delay.
Seems this month is the month of delay:)Almost all games have 1 or 2 delays or have release on time but not full version.Except Melody and MSN.No problems for me,have plenty of books to read and board games to play.Not to mention I started to watch Haikyuu.Pretty awesome so far.
Delays are unfortunate as dev should know at some point how long it will take him to create an update. But considering staff changes and huge growth we've seen for a couple of updates I can deal with that. Honestly It might be good as they said this update will be mostly for MC and my routes are Silver/Robert so half of the month might be fine for my content. I really do wish for my routes to grow decently. As for new type of interaction with girls my bet is that it's about money - it's a dead mechanic at this point and it might be cool to use it. Major turning point is probably the most obvious one and I'm completely fine with that if other routes will have something as well.
As for those worried about pledges - end of the month drop is normal. They could postpone update for more than 2 months and they would still grow as game has considerable size and content at this point. All in all I don't know what to think about this delay but I'm probably optimistic about it. Monthly updates suck hard for more ambitious games
Actualy I know a game that still make 7000$ per month and didn't get an update last 20 months.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Actualy I know a game that still make 7000$ per month and didn't get an update last 20 months.
Yup, I know such devs. In case of Babysitter I don't mind at all as they deliver but even if they wouldn't, at some point dev is big enough to postpone its updates for many months. To be honest it's just how Patreon works - crowdfunding platforms are not meant for real development and people migh support some ideas without any gratifications. Babysitter has grown considerably on every path so I wouldn't be surprised or mad if they would switch to 1,5 month updates. Update per month is a fine thing for linear VNs only in my opinion

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
If you say it's normal I will not worry, but he's lost $500 worth of pledges in 3 days.
Anyway, I know that Babysitter is the only erotic game out there (irony mode on) but I'm sure t4bbo and his team will deliver, so waiting for a couple more weeks is no big deal at all.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
If you say it's normal I will not worry, but he's lost $500 worth of pledges in 3 days.
Anyway, I know that Babysitter is the only erotic game out there (irony mode on) but I'm sure t4bbo and his team will deliver, so waiting for a couple more weeks is no big deal at all.
Actually it's not really normal. Dev at this level usually lose like 1-2k at the start of the month. T2bbo has really stable playerbase. He might lose a bit more but he will grow even bigger than month before. Especially after release. Nothing to worry about

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
Actually it's not really normal. Dev at this level usually lose like 1-2k at the start of the month. T2bbo has really stable playerbase. He might lose a bit more but he will grow even bigger than month before. Especially after release. Nothing to worry about
I am his patreon as well and won't cut it just because of delays. Yeah, delays are sucks but t4bbo and his team never disappointed me till far with updates. I am sure it will be another great update since there is two 3D-artist now.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Well,it's not only him.Almost all devs didn't lost more than 200-300$.Some didn't lost even single patron.And we talking about 800+patrons.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I am his patreon as well and won't cut it just because of delays. Yeah, delays are sucks but t4bbo and his team never disappointed me till far with updates. I am sure it will be another great update since there is two 3D-artist now.
From my patron perspective it's a fine project to support. They always deliver high quality updates even if some are delayed a bit and teases are great. It doesn't bother me much as for me Patreon is a support platform and this game is sure to be finished.
Well,it's not only him.Almost all devs didn't lost more than 200-300$.Some didn't lost even single patron.And we talking about 800+patrons.
Not even 1? That's unusual and I would say they weren't billed yet or project has pledge per update system. But there are surely different projects with stable playerbase. From what I observe here, T2bbo has quite a growth-rate for like 4 updates and drops ain't really serious. I can easily bet they will reach 11k this or next month, maybe even 12k. And I'm glad for that as it's quite a refreshing game amongst linear VNs we have here

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
From my patron perspective it's a fine project to support. They always deliver high quality updates even if some are delayed a bit and teases are great. It doesn't bother me much as for me Patreon is a support platform and this game is sure to be finished.

Not even 1? That's unusual and I would say they weren't billed yet or project has pledge per update system. But there are surely different projects with stable playerbase. From what I observe here, T2bbo has quite a growth-rate for like 4 updates and drops ain't really serious. I can easily bet they will reach 11k this or next month, maybe even 12k. And I'm glad for that as it's quite a refreshing game amongst linear VNs we have here
I actualy prefer it if the big ones stop to gain patrons and some of that goes to smaller ones-like Freeloading Family,Life with Mary,Two Weeks,Milf's Tale,My Cute Cousin,High-Rise Climb,DoDana etc

Reactions: PNHSUKI

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
TBH the server meltdown release was only a partial one, I guess to stop the dogs barking. Despite the fact I really enjoy this game and love every morsel I lick off the floor, some morsels are better than others. The bowling update was disappointing because it came in 2 parts which interrupted the flow, in hindsight I should have waited, but hey hum.
Because of this, I'd prefer they delayed and issued a complete chapter, rather than release it 2 parts. If they do, let us know, I know the communication is usually pretty damn good here, that way I can try and wait...I only promise to try though. :cool:

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I actualy prefer it if the big ones stop to gain patrons and some of that goes to smaller ones-like Freeloading Family,Life with Mary,Two Weeks,Milf's Tale,My Cute Cousin,High-Rise Climb,DoDana etc
Don't entirely agree with that as huge funds gives more tools for those who are able to use. But I agree some smaller devs could gather much more attention. I guess Patreon market is just too small for that.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Don't entirely agree with that as huge funds gives more tools for those who are able to use. But I agree some smaller devs could gather much more attention. I guess Patreon market is just too small for that.
Well when you pass 10000$ mark you at least OK.But what to say the guys that didn't get to 1000$ or even 500$.
Right now Glamour surely doesn't need that much support that can go to some others.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Well when you pass 10000$ mark you at least OK.But what to say the guys that didn't get to 1000$ or even 500$.
Right now Glamour surely doesn't need that much support that can go to some others.
Dunno about Glamour - it's complex and early in development so I would give it a time as it surely requires much more funds than renpy linear vns. Babysitter is a fine example of how much difference funds can do as it's growing rather well when it comes to staff and updates size. Considering some new mechanics that were announced it seems like pledges are well used in this one. But I agree with smaller devs. It's such a shame games like Our Fate are barely able to reach 400$ just because they were late on Patreon. Sooner or later market will change so there is some hope for smaller teams

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes