armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Money is also a point later on depending how many patreons you have and how big your team is. If you don't get enough money from your patreon to make the game development your main job, its obvious that you can't pump out a ton of quality content because you have to life from something. Not that i want to defend anyone but thats a point that most people forget about.
Actualy that is not true.We saw plenty of examples of people making 10 000$ or even 20 000$ per month and delivering less content than devs with less than 1000$.Not to mention they still didn't quit their job.

Zozefs

Sep 15, 2018
Hey,
Maybe sameone have a walk... for NTR stuff Silver and Robert? I have stuck at one point and dont know where i missed, its like i accidentally got her back from Silver... and shes not going back to him. So if sameone has NTR route walk... plz, share it. TnQ.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Actualy that is not true.We saw plenty of examples of people making 10 000$ or even 20 000$ per month and delivering less content than devs with less than 1000$.Not to mention they still didn't quit their job.
Thats why i wrote that i'm not gonna defend anyone. Of course there are bad eggs amongst the devs, but there are also enough devs who struggle with what i've wrote.

FaiRTaiL

Nov 8, 2017
the point is given words.. i am not talking about number of images or words, i am talking about proper update with good 2-3 animations, everybody start to think yes finally we have sex after months then they give us this.. jump the game 10 days with one office scene or a mirror scene which you can see nothing..

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
Did i miss something? I only have the same scenes with Jessica and christine getting fucked by robbert en silver and then silver fingering her in the office and then the end of the update... but i've already seen that in the previous update? Was that the end of that route or what?

RonnieH

Aug 7, 2018
Did i miss something? I only have the same scenes with Jessica and christine getting fucked by robbert en silver and then silver fingering her in the office and then the end of the update... but i've already seen that in the previous update? Was that the end of that route or what?
You hit one of the endings. You have to go back, or start over, and change the way you approach Christine after she talks to Jess on the boat.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Yeah you nailed the problem for the games with many routes.And because not even one of the paths is over that will continue.I don't see any of the paths to end before the end of the game.
Well I still have to play the update but maybe I will skip it this time and wait for 0.1.8.
At least there is some sex in the game.We can be sure another one with some mother that will have an update next week won't have:)
This can become a problem if each of those branches remain completely separate but it can be mitigated if some of those branches reconverge so that a lot of the renders can be used for multiple paths. For instance the "working for Silver" vs Patreon path includes some exclusive content that only happens while Christine is at work/on her business trip or doing her web shows with Jess, but reconverges so that most of the game still applies to both paths.

If a lot of your choices branched off into entirely exclusive events like the business trip then the game would end up being dramatically shorter since you couldn't reuse most of the renders for any other path.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
This can become a problem if each of those branches remain completely separate but it can be mitigated if some of those branches reconverge so that a lot of the renders can be used for multiple paths. For instance the "working for Silver" vs Patreon path includes some exclusive content that only happens while Christine is at work/on her business trip or doing her web shows with Jess, but reconverges so that most of the game still applies to both paths.

If a lot of your choices branched off into entirely exclusive events like the business trip then the game would end up being dramatically shorter since you couldn't reuse most of the renders for any other path.
And we should be thankful for that.We already saw what happen with routes that are completely exclusive.Not to mention how wrong is to realise after several updates that the route you like and follow is absolutely abandoned or leads to game over for MC.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Most of the patreon pages I've seen where people are bringing in that sort of money it's not a single dev but a team. $10-20k per month for 1 person is enough to quit your job and do full time, but if you spread that out over even a 2 person team then you could probably make more at your "real job" unless you live in a low wage country where $5k or so is a lot of money. I couldn't even cover my mortgage with that. So I would guess most devs are only doing it part time unless they hate their "real job" so much that they're willing to take a big pay cut.

I can definitely see it still having an influence on the quality of the game though. If I'm a part time dev making a game as a hobby and only making $500 a month on Patreon, that's probably not even enough for me to be willing to spend money upgrading my computer and buying a bunch of art assets. (I might do it anyway but not because of the Patreon money). If I'm making $5k per month on Patreon, that's not enough for me to quit my day job and do it full time, but I could see buying a dedicated rendering machine and some art assets.

Now if you're bringing in say $30-40k per month and producing 3 or 4 games at the same time with a dedicated artist, dedicated writer, dedicated coder working full time, then that's a different story but I haven't seen many sites where it looks like anyone's got the kind of resources they'd need for that. Plus if you have a team with the skills/dedication for that, wouldn't you make more if you go work for Rockstar games or something? Or is it only the owners making serious money there? I have no idea.

There may be some teams with their own paywalled site not relying on Patreon that have those sorts of numbers, but I don't have any way to see stats on those.

Reactions: Dolphin3000

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
And we should be thankful for that.We already saw what happen with routes that are completely exclusive.Not to mention how wrong is to realise after several updates that the route you like and follow is absolutely abandoned or leads to game over for MC.
Yep I hit that wall in Big Brother. The Olivia path was my favorite there and it turned into a dead end.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Most of the patreon pages I've seen where people are bringing in that sort of money it's not a single dev but a team. $10-20k per month for 1 person is enough to quit your job and do full time, but if you spread that out over even a 2 person team then you could probably make more at your "real job" unless you live in a low wage country where $5k or so is a lot of money. I couldn't even cover my mortgage with that. So I would guess most devs are only doing it part time unless they hate their "real job" so much that they're willing to take a big pay cut.

I can definitely see it still having an influence on the quality of the game though. If I'm a part time dev making a game as a hobby and only making $500 a month on Patreon, that's probably not even enough for me to be willing to spend money upgrading my computer and buying a bunch of art assets. (I might do it anyway but not because of the Patreon money). If I'm making $5k per month on Patreon, that's not enough for me to quit my day job and do it full time, but I could see buying a dedicated rendering machine and some art assets.

Now if you're bringing in say $30-40k per month and producing 3 or 4 games at the same time with a dedicated artist, dedicated writer, dedicated coder working full time, then that's a different story but I haven't seen many sites where it looks like anyone's got the kind of resources they'd need for that. Plus if you have a team with the skills/dedication for that, wouldn't you make more if you go work for Rockstar games or something? Or is it only the owners making serious money there? I have no idea.

There may be some teams with their own paywalled site not relying on Patreon that have those sorts of numbers, but I don't have any way to see stats on those.
3-4 games:)Devs struggle to make even one game.Don't see anyone making more than 2 and not on the same time.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
That's the problem with too many characters: A lot of work to cover all possible branches, very little content to each of them.
Some have already pointed this out before several times. I always thought it as a mistake.
Unlike Depraved Awakening, where you could have your favourite girl but also the curiosity to check all the other paths since there was nothing off-putting in them, here NTR dislikers (like me) are not interested at all in the two NTR paths, whereas NTR lovers are usually not interested in vanilla content. There's no turning back at this point and it's making a dent in this game's attractiveness, at least in my case.

Also, T4bbo is making around $10,000 a month; Philly hardly makes 2,500. I have refrained from writing anything like this for some months now as this was my favourite game for months and still care for it, but.. well, comparisons are odious.

Reactions: T4bbo and Valeck

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
3-4 games:)Devs struggle to make even one game.Don't see anyone making more than 2 and not on the same time.
Yep I agree. I've never tried to make a full game by myself. Have only been dabbling with modding. But based on the workload to update my mod I can do about 1 moderate to large scene (say 70ish renders and all of the associated dialog, coding, testing, bug fixing) in about 2 weeks with a single low end computer just working on it part time by myself.

If I was using batch rendering to automate things so that the actual rendering happened while I was asleep I could probably double or triple that but I haven't messed with batch rendering yet. Having a 2nd box to do the writing/coding would also speed things up since if I'm trying to code or write dialog at the same time I have a render in progress, it's slow and will periodically freeze up due to CPU spikes/etc.

A really big scene like the Yacht, I can only imagine the work required. I couldn't do it myself even with an upgraded dedicated rendering box. I don't think people who've never tried to create animations themselves realize how much work it takes to create all of the renders required for each individual animated sex scene. Those scenes with Jess after the hot tub event must have taken forever.

I find animations and facial expressions to be particularly difficult to do well, and the animations in Babysitter seem to have gotten significantly better over time. I would guess that either the original dev has gotten better at it, or he hired a guy who's good at it. Some of the animations seem to be based on the stimuli series but they're very well implemented and they still require significant manual tweaking of each frame in my experience to avoid clipping and have the right hand/finger placement, genital morphs, etc. The ones that seem to be done from scratch are noticeably shorter and less polished, but still better than what I can do from scratch even with unlimited time.

An actual artist would presumably be able to do better renders than I can and at a faster rate, especially if they were doing it full time. Same for the coding and writing. I have zero experience as an artist, writer, or coder beyond what I've taught myself just messing around with modding. People focusing exclusively on writing or coding should be able to do it better and faster. I've definitely noticed things getting easier for me as I continue modding but some things are just persistently difficult for me.

I doubt I will ever be exceptional at rendering. It's just not something I'm naturally good at. Coding and writing I think I could get to a decent level though. I would imagine most people trying to make one of these games by themselves have similar shortcomings and are not just universally excellent at coding, writing, AND rendering.

So just based on my limited modding experience and the pace that I personally can produce content, most of the devs who's Patreon page says they're working on it as a full time job are either in actuality just doing it part time, or they're really slow at it. (I'm talking about in general, not Babysitter specifically).

jaredhsieh65

Jul 2, 2017
Replace /save folder
page 1~3 is Corporate route
page 6~7 is Silver route
page 11~12 is Patreon route
page 13~14 is Robert route
Try it

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes