fullreview

Aug 3, 2017
I'm a TV producer with more than 4 decades experience advising on story development. Very few stories survive on one leg, exceptions like The Honeymooners do exist. The minor sub-plots and threads that grow beneath the surface are integral to having a viable story.
I understand the difference in building a game, as it requires the mechanics to allow those threads to live.
That being said, game end is still lazy writing. There is no action in these little games that is so critical not be surpassed based upon the created character development.
Yes, it is a fantasy that one joins and the characters are not always as the player perceives, especially in early builds. Assuming the girls are moral virgins, because that is your fantasy, may not be the path the developer envisions. In my experience, the girls that take the Big City route in life have a deep itch they intend to scratch, and maybe bending taboo's is not such a heinous thing.
This circles back to NTR, which is a taboo as well. Though my understanding is it involves a love commitment, not just a selfish "my pussy, all the pussy's are mine, I am Pussy Godnanomous!".
Pussy does what it wants, with the exception of being raped (and that is excluded in fantasies), and NTR implies ownership in the context of the whiners. This is about corruption, yes, and NTR is a variant in that realm. But it does not take a year to corrupt a woman. Many can be seduced into bending taboo's in days. I've seen things in the real world that would astonish you.
All that being said, this is not real, and is Pegasus flew down and joined the girls in the Jacuzzi it would be acceptable.
I may have lost the point, but who cares. I stand by my assessment.
There are many formats of netorare and one of the format is that if you have a crush on someone and that someone have sex with another guy.Let's stop discussing netorare now and most people like netori not netorare.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
And about length: there will always be someone who complains about it, but what's the general idea on this update? What do you think would be appropriate? (Try to be realistic, please)
If we're just talking about length, my criticism for this update is how unbalanced the content length is.

Day 1: woke up -> kitchen event -> swimming pool -> massage
Day 2: woke up -> kitchen event (shorter than Day1's) -> cafe (just talk) -> cinema (not concluded)

For an update that only has 2 in-game days worth of content, the second day feels like an after thought because it's shorter and less content too.

If we're talking about the game in general, my main criticism is the lack of progress. I understand the game is a slow burner, but it felt incredibly slow that when you realize it's already on its version 0.06 and yet the only (noticeable) progress is Christine taking off her shirt for the massage. Even that was a missed opportunity because there was no dialogue when it happened. There was no her acknowledging that she was topless just in her panties in front of the uncle, and there was no him talking about it to her either. Even when he massaged her butt, she didn't react at all either.

I really want to avoid comparing this to another game, but I have to make a comparison to Dating My Daughter because the similarities (in-game days play style, and also slow-burner) and I think Babysitter can definitely learn a few things from it. I think DMD is already up to 0.12? and they still hadn't have sex yet. This is fine because each version felt like the relationship progressed further. Started with OK being seen in underwear, then topless, then touched, etc. It's slow burn without sex, but there is progress. On the contrary, in Babysitter, it's slow burn but there is massive lack of progress up to 0.05, and then suddenly 0.06 instantly gave pussy shot or topless massage.

Part of the reason why I brought up DMD is also because of the writing. Though slow burner, each update will have dialogue between the father and daughter about their progress in relationship. There will be talks about her being OK with this and that, maybe only in private or in public. Unfortunately, there is no such thing in Babysitter. Even when Christine knew that the uncle was staring at her pussy, it was only in form of narrator text and not character dialogue. It would improve the game so much just by adding line of her acknowledging it:
1. Low-horny = her being embarrassed
2. High-horny = her being a tease

Same could be in the topless massage:
1. Low-horny = embarrassed, ask uncle to turn around, try to cover up boobs, uncomfortable with butt-massage
2. High-horny = confident, took off shirt in front of uncle, not covering boobs, teasing when butt-massaged

As I said in my previous post, this game is really my love/hate relationship game. It is super promising, but I'm starting to wonder if the game will ever get there.

P.S.: people don't get sunburned while in an indoor swimming pool because they can't sunbathe either due to the roof.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Well, waiting for the official walkthrough, I recommend people to keep an eye on the spy cams, specially after the massage scene.
P.S.: people don't get sunburned while in an indoor swimming pool because they can't sunbathe either due to the roof.
:OhMyGoodness:

Reactions: OhWee

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
Good to see things are ramping up for him, hopefully he will use the escalated pledges to actully do what you said, a monster rendering PC (two 1080i TX's perhaps, or two different machines to be able to use photoshop, etc as needed while rendering) and more people to help get this streamlined and cranking out.
Already bought ;).

I'm a TV producer with more than 4 decades experience advising on story development. Very few stories survive on one leg, exceptions like The Honeymooners do exist. The minor sub-plots and threads that grow beneath the surface are integral to having a viable story.
I understand the difference in building a game, as it requires the mechanics to allow those threads to live.
That being said, game end is still lazy writing. There is no action in these little games that is so critical not be surpassed based upon the created character development.
Maybe your experience is making you understand it differently, or maybe the word I used was not the proper term, but when I meant 'branches' I don't mean it as sub-plots. This is not a tv show, more like a 'make your own story' book (or game). So what I refer to as branches are different paths that right now are not worth pursuing. I think it also adds some difficulty to the game that there are instant game overs, and personally I don't dislike it, it just encourages me to save more often (and yeah, I know some feel random, but right now that's what it is).

If we're just talking about length, my criticism for this update is how unbalanced the content length is.

Day 1: woke up -> kitchen event -> swimming pool -> massage
Day 2: woke up -> kitchen event (shorter than Day1's) -> cafe (just talk) -> cinema (not concluded)

For an update that only has 2 in-game days worth of content, the second day feels like an after thought because it's shorter and less content too.

Well, the script was written and was thought to include more things in day 2, but for some reason it changed. Again, I refer to the previous comment trying to explain the reasons. But one quick question, if Day1 was the common update, would it be ok?

P.S.: they do if those pools have glass ceilings or outside hammocks and you get asleep, but yeah, I see your point x'D

M

MantisK

[Maybe your experience is making you understand it differently, or maybe the word I used was not the proper term, but when I meant 'branches' I don't mean it as sub-plots. This is not a tv show, more like a 'make your own story' book (or game). So what I refer to as branches are different paths that right now are not worth pursuing. I think it also adds some difficulty to the game that there are instant game overs, and personally I don't dislike it, it just encourages me to save more often (and yeah, I know some feel random, but right now that's what it is).]

I have been tinkering with this design concept for decades, too. These were rudimentary 35 years ago. I know the difference and the same basics are involved. Each line must be written, and must have variations that include each other line and its variations, thus growth can be exponential for the writer, creating a massively complex web of potential lines.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Nice! Thatsa "quit real job and work on game full time" level for most people. Not sure how much Patreon takes off the top though, but if nothing else that's enough to build a pretty kick-ass rendering PC (or two) to help cut down on that aspect of things anyway.
Patreon takes 5%, and PayPal takes another 3% or so.

markmaso

Jun 2, 2017
dont know what to think about this update.first of all the story is moving extremely slowly.the mc aint gettig any action the girls dont even allow the mc to see them naked.also an immense amount of branching is about to come along and i doubt t4bbo can develop content for all of them for each update.renders are beatiful though.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
But one quick question, if Day1 was the common update, would it be ok?
If you mean the update is only Day1, then I think it's far too short.
If you mean the update is both days like Day1, then I think it's acceptable.

While we're talking about update length, I'm usually okay with lesser content if the game has meaningful branches. While Babysitter seems to give the illusion of branches due to the friendship/horny points, it doesn't actually feel like it at all so far. With the game being very linear (friendship/horny is more of a Yes/No flag), each update felt like it's either okay or below average when it comes to length.

I don't know what the time distribution during the production is, but personally, I really wished more time spent on advancing/polishing the storyline and relationship between characters rather than fan-service renders like the dream sequence (and to a lesser degree, the in-game patreon page).

Reactions: Ozygator

DickFury

Aug 31, 2017
If you mean the update is only Day1, then I think it's far too short.
If you mean the update is both days like Day1, then I think it's acceptable.

While we're talking about update length, I'm usually okay with lesser content if the game has meaningful branches. While Babysitter seems to give the illusion of branches due to the friendship/horny points, it doesn't actually feel like it at all so far. With the game being very linear (friendship/horny is more of a Yes/No flag), each update felt like it's either okay or below average when it comes to length.

I don't know what the time distribution during the production is, but personally, I really wished more time spent on advancing/polishing the storyline and relationship between characters rather than fan-service renders like the dream sequence (and to a lesser degree, the in-game patreon page).
this game is straight forward, which giving *choise* and instantly ''game over'' if u use wrong one of two options.. its kinda retarded, but in DMD ppl did swallow it, so they will here too..

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
this game is straight forward, which giving *choise* and instantly ''game over'' if u use wrong one of two options.. its kinda retarded, but in DMD ppl did swallow it, so they will here too..
So why are you playing a kinda retarded game?

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
What a roller coaster of emotions from everyone being assmad that Mr.Silver was going to cuck our niece to the best girl redeeming everything by offering our niece a patreon job

Reactions: titit

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, for those of you that have been seeing the Day5_ChristineWokeUp_05_naked.jpg error, I have news... I found the error in the code!

1) You'll need to extract the files using unren.bat (I recommend option 9):
2) Then run Babysitter 0.0.6 once (just start it, maybe load a game, then quit).
3) Go to the /game folder and use notepad2 or something similar to open script.rpy. Go to line 666...
4) delete the space between naked and the .jpg: i.e.:
image Day5_ChristineWokeUp_05_naked = "backgrounds/Day5_ChristineWokeUp_05_naked. jpg"
should be
image Day5_ChristineWokeUp_05_naked = "backgrounds/Day5_ChristineWokeUp_05_naked.jpg"

Edit: Found one other error in my playthrough, fixed it:
Line 8058 should read:
scene Day7_JessRoom_SplitHandStand10 with dissolve

That's it! I also attached a file with the fix (so that you don't need to bother with the edit).
I think you'll still need to extract the files using unren.bat though, then drag this file in to replace the existing script.rpy.
This will incidentally give you an excuse to look at the art later... (images/backgrounds)

I haven't kept close track of the other issues, but if anyone knows them off of the top of their head, I can look into adding those fixes to this script (if they are within my power), until a fixed version is shared.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 183 Votes