L0thar

Jul 24, 2017
This game is one of my favourites cant wait for the next update is this still in development?
I allowed myself to quote a fragment of the post posted by Mohawk01. It is on page 460 only two pages earlier.

"Babysitters update:

As for the follow up title, we are doing heavy pre-production work, making sure to have it well outlined and set early on, but we have already locations and characters set (there will be some polls regarding characters look).
As the poll showed that at least one third of Patreons likes to have sandbox gameplay, we don't want to ignore it... we will prepare free roam option for them, but without any stats grinding... for those who like easy VN style, there will be browser version of the game without any sandbox features.
Thank you once again for your support.
T4bbo and Team "

I recommend the search option and reading the thread can be very helpful.

Reactions: WhiteFireDaemon

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Having a hard time connecting with the MC throughout, just feels like I'm a bystander to most of what's going on. I only partially followed the walkthrough (trying to stay close to what I think I would do in some of the choices). Obviously not the way to play this game tbf to the makers.

When MC went fullblown internet perv on Jessica making her do stuff when clearly she didn't want to....I just can't relate anymore.

Got laid with Sonya though, there is that. :)
Fool.

I apologise dev for all the sleepless nights I put you through since I posted this drivel, I was mostly wrong. :cool:

I still think the MC is a creep but I've played it again and been able to reduce the creep factor (by 2,7). :D
Really enjoyed playing, now to play through the other routes. (y)

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Babysitters update:

As for the follow up title, we are doing heavy pre-production work, making sure to have it well outlined and set early on, but we have already locations and characters set (there will be some polls regarding characters look).
As the poll showed that at least one third of Patreons likes to have sandbox gameplay, we don't want to ignore it... we will prepare free roam option for them, but without any stats grinding... for those who like easy VN style, there will be browser version of the game without any sandbox features.
Thank you once again for your support.
T4bbo and Team

So help me that I will get this right. One measly third of the people who voted want a sandbox feature, the rest, TWO THIRDS, don't and you gonna turn the regular game into a sandbox and just the stupid browser version will be straight VN?

That doesn't exactly sound like the best way to deal with this.

Way better option would be to offer two gameplay options in the regular version, straight VN or with Sandbox bullshit.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Just wanted to point out that the writer of this game is a longtime member of this community, maybe we ought to give the dude the benefit of the doubt.
Sometimes RL has this habit of kicking you in the gonads and it takes time to sort through that.

I mean, yeah the last few updates took a bit longer than originally intented, but it's not like the game doesn't regularly have sizeable updates.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
So help me that I will get this right. One measly third of the people who voted want a sandbox feature, the rest, TWO THIRDS, don't and you gonna turn the regular game into a sandbox and just the stupid browser version will be straight VN?

Way better option would be to offer two gameplay options in the regular version, straight VN or with Sandbox bullshit.
Yup. Dev posts a poll as to what the majority want then give the ones who lost the poll the win anyways. Why have a poll if your just gonna what you want to do anyways. Just dumb and dishonest.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017

I don't know if you were following the development of this game way back when, but early on, T4bbo would make choices with the direction of the game that had me saying, "Oh god, no," or, "You shouldn't do that," or, "That's not going to work."

I was wrong about pretty much all of it. I don't know if the dude is a visionary or if he's got a monkey paw or what. He's earned the benefit of the doubt with me. Doesn't have to apply to anyone else here, by any means, but he seems to have a gift for making odd decisions work way better than they should.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Just wanted to point out that the writer of this game is a longtime member of this community, maybe we ought to give the dude the benefit of the doubt.
Sometimes RL has this habit of kicking you in the gonads and it takes time to sort through that.

I mean, yeah the last few updates took a bit longer than originally intented, but it's not like the game doesn't regularly have sizeable updates.
It's not really a problem that the update is taking longer, just that it'd be nice if they'd be a bit more reliable about hitting their release dates. If they're going to need more time, then go ahead and put a later date. I think people would be less bothered about having to wait an extra couple of weeks than to be repeatedly told a date that gets missed.

Whether it takes them four, six, or eight weeks between updates is really irrelevant in the long run as we'll get the updates eventually and they'll more than likely be great. I'd rather they took the time to make sure things work properly and had good content. I just wish that they would recognize that they need to give themselves a little more time rather than trying to say "well release the next update in a month!" and then not hit it for whatever reason.

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
Sanbox games for me in my experience tend to just be lazy game design click here to go there, now click this shit to use this other shit just time wasting inbetween the good parts, generally the games on this site which have used this method for me have been utter shite.

Now i Like this game, it has been one of those games which has gotten better as the story has progressed on. I mean did it need to be changed?

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Seems strange to change a successful recipe, I suppose it's the dev team who wants something different.

That's fair obviously.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I don't know if you were following the development of this game way back when, but early on, T4bbo would make choices with the direction of the game that had me saying, "Oh god, no," or, "You shouldn't do that," or, "That's not going to work."

I was wrong about pretty much all of it. I don't know if the dude is a visionary or if he's got a monkey paw or what. He's earned the benefit of the doubt with me. Doesn't have to apply to anyone else here, by any means, but he seems to have a gift for making odd decisions work way better than they should.
Sandbox may be the perfect option for the new game, we'll give T4bbo the benefit of the doubt as you say.
But if that's the case, why the hell do you take a poll if you are not going to stick to the results?
This voting mania started on the wrong foot (IMHO) with one of the game options being clearly predestined to win regardless of the story (NTR! Jessica from Babysitter!). I don't understand if all this was necessary.

Reactions: riktor

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
Man. What happened to this game? Did developer lose his ambition? He used to deliver updates on time but now they can't even keep their delay after delay date..
Such a great game but i hope they can finish it at least. This is just sad.

Reactions: skullker
3.90 star(s) 181 Votes