Mandingonator

Aug 21, 2017
First of all congratulations for getting the job @OhWee

Second, fuck Patreon!

Also, I think the incest stuff is easy to fix, he is the "uncle" in the "guy older than me that is very good friends with on of my parents" form. It doesn't really change much (unlike other games)

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
First of all congratulations for getting the job @OhWee

Second, fuck Patreon!

Also, I think the incest stuff is easy to fix, he is the "uncle" in the "guy older than me that is very good friends with on of my parents" form. It doesn't really change much (unlike other games)
T4boo mentioned that it appears that Christine is never referred to as "Niece" in the dialogue. As for Uncle, those references would simply be changed to "Mr. Brown" should it become necessary.

Note that Mr. Silver already refers to the MC as Mr. Brown on at least one occasion in the dialogue.

I suggested using the 'find/replace' feature and changing all references of Uncle to "Mr. Happy Pants."...
:eek:penedeyewink:

Somehow I don't see Mr. Happy Pants happening though. :winkytongue:

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Among all incest VNs here Babysitter is the least "incest". I was playing it with fun even tho I don't like that genre. It's not a close blood relation and there is almost none real relation. I can take it. In this game it would probably change nothing if it wasn't uncle. But I wonder how intro could be altered to avoid that. At this point there is no need to change anything until Patreon will attack

Reactions: CobraPL

Mandingonator

Aug 21, 2017
We should make a game called "Fuck Patre'on" and it would be an FPS about shooting money hungry bureocrats and Puritans!

But yeah, we are lucky this one is mostly safe of the problems.

Reactions: vir_cotto

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Tough choice. I thing white is better but blue ain't bad as well. They're definitely better than current one. Look professional. Love it

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks guys for the continued stream of congratulatory posts! I hope I can do everyone proud!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think T4bbo already said that the new GUI was from @OhWee, so 'gratz again, bro.
Yeah, those are in a large part my efforts. T4boo designed the stuff in the upper right though (they look very nice, I like the calendar thingie he came up with). I'm not saying which one I like best, but an improved GUI is a good thing.

I'm still hammering away at the ingame gui at the moment. I have a few things yet to implement, plus I need to figure out how exactly to do the menu buttons in the lower left so they look nice but not obtrusive, and of course with the quicksave button readily available. I liked my old menu and quicksave buttons, they were fine for just a mod, but now I want it to look professional too... also, my goal is to to clear the imporatant screen real estate so we can see more boobies without the interface getting in the way...

If there's time before the release, I may try to implement save description text too, but that's not a priority for this update.

Also, I finished one of the scenes I was helping to write, and T4boo is reviewing the draft now.

Dan123

Jul 1, 2017
Sorry if I missed it, but is the interface changing? Also again I may have missed but likely release of next episode?

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Sorry if I missed it, but is the interface changing? Also again I may have missed but likely release of next episode?
Interface is going to change a bit to look more proffesional and date as far as I know isn't clear yet but it might be just me. I suppose it won't take long for a new update to come

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Interface is going to change a bit to look more proffesional and date as far as I know isn't clear yet but it might be just me. I suppose it won't take long for a new update to come
T4boo is busily rendering away at the moment. Something about the story draft for Ep 8 needing a lot of renders...

Storyline wise I've been mostly focused on one of the two main paths, and need to take a good look at the other main path again (JCJ is focused on the other path right now). Each of the main paths, and their subpaths, need a lot of renders.

I'm also trying to avoid the need to 'replay' the game with the planned interface update, and I really really do not want to break existing saves (that's a pet peeve of mine), but we are focusing on adding some features/buttons, and streamlining the code a bit so that it's a bit more organized under the hood. I personally need to focus on scripting a bit more for the next couple of days, but once we get the updated drafts done, I can get back to working with the interface.

With the interface, among other things we are also trying to make it a little more touchscreen friendly, not that there are many tablet users out there, but it's not hard to do.

The goal for the next update is the first part of December. I can say that T4boo is doing his best to make the deadline he has picked. If things get delayed slightly, though, not to worry, it looks like this update will be jam packed with a lot of nice renders, story, etc.!

IMHO it'll be worth the wait if it comes to that, but of course in the end it will be up to Patrons and you guys as to how 'good' it is.

Back to work!
:eek:penedeyewink:

Last edited:

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Because it seems like there'll be a lot of effort put into 'losing' scenes were you fail and Christine ends up with the black dude or the old guy. Hell that ohwee person even worded it like 'the NTR guys will have fun, oh and the others will too'...

So yeah, oh well. Plenty of other games to play.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
It might be rude since we have devs here so I won't ask about teaser. I'm quite hyped as game seems to go in a right direction so I strongly don't ask anyone who has access to share this teaser.

Reactions: serhatdozdiyik

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Because it seems like there'll be a lot of effort put into 'losing' scenes were you fail and Christine ends up with the black dude or the old guy. Hell that ohwee person even worded it like 'the NTR guys will have fun, oh and the others will too'...

So yeah, oh well. Plenty of other games to play.
Bruv.... Seriously..... It's a Renpy game just scroll the fuck up if you mess up.... Easy... Not only that you can see every scene practically with one play through and pick and choose how you wanna go about shit with just a scroll of your mouse wheel in the upward direction...

Seriously you can cheese Renpy games so god damn hard I see no reason why people fucking cry about this kinda shit...

Oh and a quick edit the Autosave system in Renpy games legit save it at every crucial decision making path you can scum the ever loving SHIT out of it.... Legit effortless and brainless...

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Bruv.... Seriously..... It's a Renpy game just scroll the fuck up if you mess up.... Easy... Not only that you can see every scene practically with one play through and pick and choose how you wanna go about shit with just a scroll of your mouse wheel in the upward direction...

Seriously you can cheese Renpy games so god damn hard I see no reason why people fucking cry about this kinda shit...

Oh and a quick edit the Autosave system in Renpy games legit save it at every crucial decision making path you can scum the ever loving SHIT out of it.... Legit effortless and brainless...
Bruv, you do that then, nice one, ave it
mate, good on ya.

Me I think I'll pass. Not into games that spend ages developing shit that if I saw would just piss me off. It's all good though innit.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Here's a random teaser.
Some content was needed for a TV screen in the game, so T4boo asked me to throw something together (based on some criteria of course...).
Just a little tidbit for some dialogue that ties in to what's on the TV...

horsedashianspromo_4a.jpg

And no, these aren't new characters for Babysitter, or currently for any other game. Just background fluff...

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
T4bbo said:
We had little discussion whether the girl's stats should be actually at the top of the screen or on the side.
I can say that it's been slightly annoying to hide and unhide some of the girls' stats depending on scene. side may be better for this reason alone, though toggling them all with a single click could alternatively help.

3.90 star(s) 183 Votes