Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
Yeah, well here's hoping that 0.8 is better than 0.7 it looks like I missed a whole lot of the drama that happened over the last couple of weeks. Honestly the concept of the 'kink that shall not be named' finally being confirmed doesn't bother me nearly as much as my worry that the absurdly strict gating and constant game overs do. I don't have a ton of faith that it has because of T4boo's saying he wants the game to be a 'challenge'. I hope I'm wrong though, and every fucking steamy scene doesn't end in a game over. That shit with Sonya last update was a slap in the fucking face. That and the way you pick friendship/horny routes was awful in 0.7 and the game was horribly walkthrough dependent. That and how easy it was to miss that one scene with Jessica.

IOW, if the point thresholds remain as slim as they are up until now, the main problem the game has will be unresolved.
What Jessica scene? I might've missed it.
I like to explore different routes to see all the content in the games I like, especially the renpy ones. If you "need" a walk-through to play a game, there's something wrong with that game IMO. I only use walk-troughs to see if I missed a very specific scene or if I'm stuck, since the walk-through spoils the game for me.

Reactions: Dolphin3000

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
What Jessica scene? I might've missed it.
I like to explore different routes to see all the content in the games I like, especially the renpy ones. If you "need" a walk-through to play a game, there's something wrong with that game IMO. I only use walk-troughs to see if I missed a very specific scene or if I'm stuck, since the walk-through spoils the game for me.
And that's my problem with the game at least as it was by 0.7 in order to get a scene with Jessica at the restaurant you couldn't miss a single horny point IIRC. 2 wasn't enough, but 3 was. There are a lot of variations in the game, but a lot of them feel either random or purposefully obscure. Even basic ones like the no Mr. Silver route is hidden behind a very high Friendship check, one that is easy as hell to miss if you're just playing normally. I'm not a huge fan of abritraty numbers in the first place, I think most of these point systems are useless at best and redundant with flags at worst. But this one is probably the most frustrating I have seen.

HerrBalrog

Nov 13, 2017
Well, honestly, the game is very good so it's worth the wait... Devs need to eat too, don't be greedy, if you're that impatient go ask your gradma for 20 bucks...

Reactions: papasmurf
3.90 star(s) 183 Votes