xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I think a lot of people thought this game was gonna be better than it actually has turned out to be becasue of the renders and such so people thought "hey it seems a lot like My Sweet Neighbors and Parental Love" or something, and yeah the OhWee mod made it better(so maybe him coming aboard will make the game better again who knows)

But lately the game has bascially become "be supportive as an uncle as your niece and her friend go on a fantastical journey through the experience of finding themselves as young women!"

I mean, thats fine and all I guess, but I'd like to play an adult VN, not watch a French art house film.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hmm anyone figure out how to unlock these scenes?
There is nothing to unlock with these currently (they are not part of the dialogue at this time), although I plan to use them in my 'Steamier lite' mod. Think of them as bonus art for now.

Reactions: titit

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
The key difference is that DMD's updates showed consistent improvement on the relationship between the father and daughter. So whenever you play a new update, you clearly feel that your relationship progresses further. This is clear because of the good design of the corruption level where you know each level increases what you can do with the daughter and what she's comfortable with.

On the other hand, Babysitter didn't give the same feel because the relationship between the uncle and niece didn't progress like that. As far as I can remember (do correct me if I'm wrong, my memory a bit hazy), the closest thing that the uncle-niece did was the massage which was quite a while back. Ever since, there was no actual progress in the sexual relationship between them.

That's what I meant with the slow progress. Not only it's going sideways due to the branches, but it's also not progressing the relationship between the uncle and the niece.
DMD is being developed much longer and it's pretty linear so the updates feel bigger. Relationships are more visible due to the date plot but I don't agree relationship doesn't progress in Babysitter at all. Passion Route in a hotel was an obvious improvement in their relationships. Niece talking with Jess in her apartament about Uncle is an improvement as well as well as her bath scene. But it's all not so flashy I guess. I would still consider it an intro rather than advanced game at this point. 0.0.8 is still a pretty early version.
I gotcha. I mean I prefer a VN with a good or at least somewhat coherent story as well (which lets be real, they're hard to find in these games ha)... I guess in this one, if you're going to have "3" main girls (or a main girl with 2 quasi-important girls) with a point system it would be cool to layout the differences for accumulating said points. Or have each character better elaborated upon and have a better grasp of the story direction. If in the end each character is fleshed out and there's a clear outcome for each of them on their different paths then my point would be mute and I'd definitely enjoy the product. I guess my complaint is after 8 iterations of this game, kind of give the player more of an idea of what we're going for here you know? (i.e. is this a harem style game? should you focus on one girl more than the others? has this turned into a NTR-lite kind of thing? I like the idea of a game where you have to honestly choose one and the author shows you what happens to the others if you avoid them (or throw in some jealous and emotion from the other girls if you're showing one too much attention, etc) because it'd give you the urge to play through it multiple times and see the little differences in each of your choices and how those outcomes differ).
In my opinion branches will continue to differ and distinction between routes will grow. But point system could be improved even tho I have no idea how to do that now. It's tricky. As for direction it should be clear as far as with 0.1 I guess. All different routes should be flashed out much more in 2-3 versions

Last edited:

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
DMD is being developed much longer and it's pretty linear so the updates feel bigger.
You're missing the point. It's not about the size, it's about the consistent progress. Let's say relationship starts from 0 to 100. It doesn't matter if each update only adds by a tiny 1 point as long as it goes from 0 -> 1 ->2 -> 3 etc where each update showed progress. This is what I failed to see in Babysitter. There are updates where it didn't feel like the relationship progressed.

Passion route at the hotel might showed progress, but that's the latest update only. It doesn't really reflect the progress of each update. When compared to DMD, it is clear that each update progressed the relationship because the D increased her corruption level, and then it's actually consistently carried over to the next update (e.g.: she's comfortable being touched on this update, then she'll still be comfortable being touched next update, etc). That kind of consistency is what's lacking in Babysitter.

But point system could be improved even tho I have no idea how to do that now.
The easiest way to fix point system is to give clarity as to how many points are required for each choice. A simple greyed-out option for the ones we missed would make players realize that they missed something. Thus, having incentive to replay with different decision to reach that point requirement.

Example (player has 13 pts)
Option 1: bla bla bla (requires 10 pts)
Option 2: boo boo boo (requires 15 pts) -> greyed out and cannot be picked but it gives information what players need to do
Option 3: baa boo baa (no requirement)

The main reason why the current point system is bad is because players aren't being informed what they need. For example, if you have choices where it's Christine+1 or Jess+1, how do you know which one is more important down the line? We know there will be more Christine points than Jess' but we don't know how many points we need for Jess to unlock her content. So it's possible for players to go through the game missing a lot of content without realizing it, and it's awful idea to expect players to replay and go through again trying to make different decisions but still just as blindly as the first time because they didn't know what exactly needed to be different.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
You're missing the point. It's not about the size, it's about the consistent progress. Let's say relationship starts from 0 to 100. It doesn't matter if each update only adds by a tiny 1 point as long as it goes from 0 -> 1 ->2 -> 3 etc where each update showed progress. This is what I failed to see in Babysitter. There are updates where it didn't feel like the relationship progressed.

Passion route at the hotel might showed progress, but that's the latest update only. It doesn't really reflect the progress of each update. When compared to DMD, it is clear that each update progressed the relationship because the D increased her corruption level, and then it's actually consistently carried over to the next update (e.g.: she's comfortable being touched on this update, then she'll still be comfortable being touched next update, etc). That kind of consistency is what's lacking in Babysitter.
Maybe you're right. But in my opinion not every update has to necessarily bring some visible development of relationships if it leads to some further plot development. Relationship will come eventually but plot is also as important especially when it comes to branching. I understand that from some players perspective each update should be as meaty as it's possible when it comes to relationships but for me this whole update is an introduction to routes and conseqences of our choices. But from your perspective you're surely right. I think Babysitter will show more and more of its spicy things since team has grown and routes are obviously leading to a plenty of erotic events. Will see
The easiest way to fix point system is to give clarity as to how many points are required for each choice. A simple greyed-out option for the ones we missed would make players realize that they missed something. Thus, having incentive to replay with different decision to reach that point requirement.

Example (player has 13 pts)
Option 1: bla bla bla (requires 10 pts)
Option 2: boo boo boo (requires 15 pts) -> greyed out and cannot be picked but it gives information what players need to do
Option 3: baa boo baa (no requirement)

The main reason why the current point system is bad is because players aren't being informed what they need. For example, if you have choices where it's Christine+1 or Jess+1, how do you know which one is more important down the line? We know there will be more Christine points than Jess' but we don't know how many points we need for Jess to unlock her content. So it's possible for players to go through the game missing a lot of content without realizing it, and it's awful idea to expect players to replay and go through again trying to make different decisions but still just as blindly as the first time because they didn't know what exactly needed to be different.
Sounds fine. The only problem I have with this solution is that it shows how mechanical game structure is and VNs try to create some natural flow. But it's something to think about

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017

I think you should replay the game, if you haven't, and think about what you've written.

Even without playing last version, there's an obvious progress in each update and it surprises me you can't see it.

For example, at the start of the game Christine is uncomfortable and wears long sleeved pyjamas. But the last update I played she even lets you massage her ass. Come on, you can't say her attitude hasn't changed when she starts being a girl who's constantly looking at the floor and now she is confident to be around you and talk about almost everything. And it's just been a week in game-time! What T4bbo isn't doing is explicitly telling you what you can and can't do now as in DMD, that's true, but there are a bunch of actions you can do now that would have been impossible to do when Christine first got to your house.

And if we are talking only about relationship not progressing in certain updates... I think, as I've stated many times before, the problem is that you see this as a chapter release instead of as a story being released partially. Each update is a day/day and a half long, yes, but it doesn't mean that each update is a new chapter (at least I see it this way). So I understand you FEEL there's not enough progress if you think about it this way, but I'm sure when the game is finished you will realize it was just the right amount to prevent the story from rushing.

Reactions: Ignazzio

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Ok played a lot more in different paths, it's shaping up really nicely and I cannot wait to see more content :)
I'm glad I started supporting ;)

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Oh help! Elena(?) looks like she can hide behind a broomstick. Jennifer is in ch2 the same in some scenes. Its awful overdone in some games. *shaking head*

However @OhWee the picture setup is interesting... cough.. :D

With regard to the (MikeCock) Bug on Day 6: The variable is fine people, so don't play around with it if you dont understand the workings. The variable is simply not initialized before its used(the games try's to read an not existing thing), so it gives an error. At the block for day6 (line 9806+) the var needs simply initialized:

$ MikeCock = 0

(best put this directly after $ HornyMassage = 0)

Use only saves from before day6, or you get another crash||no effect.

Greets

Reactions: jpostel

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Seems allot of you keep falling into some sort of MR.Cuck / Le BBC path
Managed to finish the update avoiding both garbage paths with a little dance at a club and a wait for future updates screen lol:RarePepe:

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
The only problem I have with this solution is that it shows how mechanical game structure is and VNs try to create some natural flow. But it's something to think about
Definitely not ideal solution, but it feels necessary because of the obscure points requirement. I think in general VNs, there are plenty of choices but only the major ones decided the branching. Not every single choice needs to be important. With this points system, it suddenly throws many different combinations that could seem random without any clarification.

For example, let's say you end up with Christine+10 and Jess+5 (simplified points system) and you feel that you've done all. How do you know you didn't miss a scene with Christine+13 (only able to reach +13 if Jess is +2)? Or maybe Jess+7 (if Christine+8)? What if there's a special scene that requires Christine+9 AND Jess+6? You simply never know.

That's the kind of convoluted point system that I felt unnecessary because the lack of clarity. The alternate solution is to follow more traditional VN route where only major choices affect the branches so it's clear where the players need to make different decision if they want to go for a different route.

I think you should replay the game, if you haven't, and think about what you've written. Even without playing last version, there's an obvious progress in each update and it surprises me you can't see it. For example, at the start of the game Christine is uncomfortable and wears long sleeved pyjamas. But the last update I played she even lets you massage her ass.
It's great you bring up this as example because that's actually a good example of the lack of consistency IMO. In that part, Christine was OK with being given massage just wearing a g-string and nothing else. In the latest update, she's embarrassed being seen while wearing lingerie. That's what I meant with lack of consistency. I don't deny there is progress between the start of the game and the latest update, what I'm saying is that the progress is not consistent.

Of course there is progress in Christine's feelings towards the uncle (as shown in the Passion route's bath scene), but my main disappointment is the lack of openness of the relationship between the two to show the progress. Because it isn't open (they never really talked about their specific relationship after all), it results in the lack of consistency that I mentioned earlier (sometimes this, sometimes that, the relationship feels a bit random).

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
It's great you bring up this as example because that's actually a good example of the lack of consistency IMO. In that part, Christine was OK with being given massage just wearing a g-string and nothing else. In the latest update, she's embarrassed being seen while wearing lingerie. That's what I meant with lack of consistency. I don't deny there is progress between the start of the game and the latest update, what I'm saying is that the progress is not consistent.

Of course there is progress in Christine's feelings towards the uncle (as shown in the Passion route's bath scene), but my main disappointment is the lack of openness of the relationship between the two to show the progress. Because it isn't open (they never really talked about their specific relationship after all), it results in the lack of consistency that I mentioned earlier (sometimes this, sometimes that, the relationship feels a bit random).
I'd say the massage comes out of need (she is burnt and needs your help) and being seen wearing lingerie is a whole new level (haven't played the last update, but if it looks as I think it does it's not just a bra). And even if it was, haven't you ever met a girl who is bothered by being seen wearing underwear but not a swimsuit?

I don't know, I understand this is the way you see it but more than a lack of consistency I feel Christine head is a mess right now. I mean, what wouldn't feel right to me is something like "We kissed once, now you can kiss me whenever you want".

Reactions: Bagger288
3.90 star(s) 183 Votes