Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I feel like lack of consistency @Skylaroo is noticing is from a single update perspective of someone who played them for a while. In terms of game as a whole I don't see it at this point but it was surely a case with some updates. I guess further updates will surely fix that as overall erotic content will grow even if singular update won't bring tons of erotic scenes early in a game. It might be true from monthly player perspective but I don't think it's bad per se to progress with a plot and relationships in a different paces so some routes aren't clear yet. Passionate route is faster than friendly, Silver is faster than Robert. A couple of udpates (2-3 imo) and uncle relationships will grow visibly as long as plot and ingame logic alllows that.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
And even if it was, haven't you ever met a girl who is bothered by being seen wearing underwear but not a swimsuit?
Definitely. But here is a "topless in nothing but a g-string" vs "babydoll lingerie". They are both underwear, except one is without a top, and the other with a top.

I mean, what wouldn't feel right to me is something like "We kissed once, now you can kiss me whenever you want".
Understandable. But here's the thing, after feeling embarrassed being seen wearing the lingerie, she didn't reject her ass being grabbed the next day.

I think the "explanation" of Christine's head being a mess is an acceptable answer. Maybe I should head into the game with that mindset.

I feel like lack of consistency @Skylaroo is noticing is from a single update perspective of someone who played them for a while.
I understand you might think that way, but it definitely isn't the case of per-update because the in-game timeline still moves forward. The relationship should continuously grow without conflict (unless you chose to do so by losing points).

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Definitely. But here is a "topless in nothing but a g-string" vs "babydoll lingerie". They are both underwear, except one is without a top, and the other with a top.

Understandable. But here's the thing, after feeling embarrassed being seen wearing the lingerie, she didn't reject her ass being grabbed the next day.

I think the "explanation" of Christine's head being a mess is an acceptable answer. Maybe I should head into the game with that mindset.

I understand you might think that way, but it definitely isn't the case of per-update because the in-game timeline still moves forward. The relationship should continuously grow without conflict (unless you chose to do so by losing points).
You mean conflict with other male characters? I guess it's a plot device regardless of your choice and it's not objectively good or bad. It helps to create some tension and I don't see it as a problem if I'm gaining points. When you follow pure passion or friend route (more like passion at this point) you're pretty clearly winning your niece and males are a simple background. Ofc it's not so obvious if you miss those points (on purpose or not) but it's most likely meant to be like that. We surely differ in our perception:p

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
You're saying it's slow and you're right. But every VN type game is slow. Those which are linear (My Sweet Neighbours) can pretend to have faster pace cuz they can implement much more scenes in a linear plotline rather than branched one. But being slow doesn't mean nothing really. I prefer slow, natural build up and rarely any game has such a thing except for a VNs. 0.0.8 is not a 0.8 or even 0.1 so it's hard to expect some some furious plot-development. DMD is a fine example how slow it can go and in my opinion Babysitter is much faster (but it's easier with uncle-niece than father-daughter). Dreams aren't the only sexy sequences you can get. As far as I remember there are only 2 dreams and plenty of different scene you could easily call sexy. Ofc, strong sexual interactions won't come easy but scene in a hotel room if you're horny enough is a fine thing. BJ from Jess is pretty cool as well. I wouldn't be so pesimistic as there are plenty of different scenes already that make Babysitter way faster than Dual Family. And no game should be compared to BB as this game is just an abomination when it comes to plot and overall design:p
Nomenclature is irrelevant. This game has been on Patreon since beginning of April. Pretty much one update per month and doesn't matter if developer calls it 0.1 or 0.01. As a matter of fact, 0.01 increment actually looks much worse on the paper since it implies very little content added in a month.

I think that fair comparison is amount of new content each month (some developers update their game every 2 weeks). That being said, progression of the game is rather slow. It is even wrong to compare it with DMD as Mr Dots is milking the game as well and turns more content pretty much only when faced with backlash of Patrons (hence some unexpected rapid progression with characters like Elena and Jennifer). That's why I stopped supporting it.

Dreams of Desire has been on Patreon for 3 weeks longer than Babysitter yet amount of content is ridiculously larger.
Parental love, after only 4 updates, much faster story progression (by the way, developer charges per update, not monthly)
How about Man of the house (on Patreon since mid July), Depraved Awakening (the most underrated game in my opinion)? I could go on and on.
I do feel that that game suffers of slow progression and too many confusing branches. I had high hopes for it but it become stale and confusing after few updates and there is no surprise that lots of people feel the same way.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
But yeah, Depraved Awakening really is pretty much the best game on here.

Reactions: titit

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
it's good to see I'm not the only one who has real issues with the point system. It's pretty awful as is and the gating is still the worst part of the game. It's not alone in this (Depraved Awakening, which I love, actually has a couple of the same issues, but there is a lot more lewd content, so it's not as frustrating) but I have trouble finding a game where the point system seems more arbitrary. The game does seem to be course correcting somewhat after the disastrous 0.7 update, but it still has some major issues

These include:
Peeping that ALWAYS cuts out when the good stuff is going to happen.
Not enough stuff for the Uncle to do.
Uneven pacing depending on the routes.
More progress with Christine on friendship route compared to the horny route.
Hornier Christine on the friendship route compared to the horny route.
Building up the NTR routes at the expense of the uncle. (I don't mind the NTR stuff being in the game, I tend to like them as alternate scenes, but the MC should be the priority)

I have hope that a lot of these will get fixed as the game goes on. I was ready to drop it after 0.7 but 0.8 at least gave me some hope.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
Building up the NTR routes at the expense of the uncle. (I don't mind the NTR stuff being in the game, I tend to like them as alternate scenes, but the MC should be the priority).
Didn't the dev say there wouldn't actually be any NTR in this game? Did he change his mind and add some? I thought there would only be some scares but no actual NTR, I haven't played the game since the death stuff was added forcing people to replay from the start. Decided to give it some time for more content to come out, is it even worth it now?

titit

Jul 27, 2017
There is nothing to unlock with these currently (they are not part of the dialogue at this time), although I plan to use them in my 'Steamier lite' mod. Think of them as bonus art for now.
Nice, thanks for the answer OhWee.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Nomenclature is irrelevant. This game has been on Patreon since beginning of April. Pretty much one update per month and doesn't matter if developer calls it 0.1 or 0.01. As a matter of fact, 0.01 increment actually looks much worse on the paper since it implies very little content added in a month.

I think that fair comparison is amount of new content each month (some developers update their game every 2 weeks). That being said, progression of the game is rather slow. It is even wrong to compare it with DMD as Mr Dots is milking the game as well and turns more content pretty much only when faced with backlash of Patrons (hence some unexpected rapid progression with characters like Elena and Jennifer). That's why I stopped supporting it.

Dreams of Desire has been on Patreon for 3 weeks longer than Babysitter yet amount of content is ridiculously larger.
Parental love, after only 4 updates, much faster story progression (by the way, developer charges per update, not monthly)
How about Man of the house (on Patreon since mid July), Depraved Awakening (the most underrated game in my opinion)? I could go on and on.
I do feel that that game suffers of slow progression and too many confusing branches. I had high hopes for it but it become stale and confusing after few updates and there is no surprise that lots of people feel the same way.
From my perspective nomenclature is relevant since different games have different progression and version number shows the vision behind it. If dev is calling his game 0.0.8 rather than 0.8 I expect it to be much slower than game that's growing in 0.1-0.8 pace. Amongst semi-realistic VNs slow burn is pretty natural and Babysitter isn't the slowest one for sure. Most of the given games aren't trying to be realistic in any measure and therefore progress they offer is much faster. Babysitter as it is now, consists of a week in which action takes place. It's still presenting its cast and different plotlines. Sure it's slow in comparison to some games but it's more or less effect of a multiple branches which aren't common in mentioned games as they're mostly linear. Some people like this style, some don't but I can't find a reason to say it's objectively negative (especially since it grows on Patreon every month). I really like this attempt to create semi-VN that can branch a lot and offers you a lot of choice freedom. I'm not saying Babysitter doesn't have issues (points are an issue as well), but I wouldn't say that slow progression is a major issue. For some people sure, but for me it's just a way developer sees this game and I enjoy it very much. Since routes are mostly introduced now I'm sure that with every new update slow progress won't be as relevant and will be consider more and more as a something positive since people just like when things go slowly. From monthly perspective is will always feel slower than linear games but from a whole game perspective, final product should be of a much higher quality than most of these games thanks to its unusual approach. It's also wroth noticing that development team has changed a lot since last month and things should improve with new instalments in that regard as well. 0.8 update in comparison to 0.7 is just better in every way. I find this game very enjoyable at this point as it offers a lot of sexy stuff and potential for a future.
Didn't the dev say there wouldn't actually be any NTR in this game? Did he change his mind and add some? I thought there would only be some scares but no actual NTR, I haven't played the game since the death stuff was added forcing people to replay from the start. Decided to give it some time for more content to come out, is it even worth it now?
When it comes to Japanese definition dev is right that there is no NTR route since we're not with our niece. But from this forum perspective there are at least 2 routes on which she's with other males. But they're optional and MC has at least 3 routes for himself

Last edited:

Zal

May 5, 2017
Hey folks and Dev. Great update! the girl models are so goooooooddddd!!!!Keep up the excel work, Mr. t4bbo!!!!
Have a nice holiday and best regards.:cool:

Reactions: OhWee

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
I find this game very enjoyable at this point as it offers a lot of sexy stuff and potential for a future.
Of course you do buddy, I mean what other game has 3 different varities of marmite just hanging in the wings?

I do think the game has potential, but still the problems I mentioned before.

When it comes to Japanese definition dev is right that there is no NTR route since we're not with our niece. But from this forum perspective there are at least 2 routes on which she's with other males. But they're optional and MC has at least 3 routes for himself
Eh, I just find that this definition just doesn't work at all when it comes to games. It can let a lot of devs off the hook by not tagging stuff that will seriously upset people. Christine might not be WITH the player, but she is clearly the main heroine of the game, and the goal of the game is ostensibly to get with her. You spend 90% of your time with her, and when we aren't following 'Mike' we're following her.

In games you are usually trying to get with one or more girls, with one of them at least being set up as the main object of your affection. It's different than say a manga where you can easily start off with the guy already dating the main girl. I mean, the NTR scenes in this game are set to flat out cause jealousy and rage in those so inclined to feel that way, or pop wood on those who like that shit. (Or both for some people)

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
So not any real sex in this game yet? between any of the main characters? Uncle, niece and Jessica (not counting Dreams and groping)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just noting that the Babysitter staff is following the posts here, as well as comments from other sources.

Right now we are mapping out 0.0.9 as far as 'what happens next'.

I should note an earlier comment about the 'friend' route possibly resulting in more horny points than the 'horny' route. Personally, I don't have a problem with this, because as the saying goes, 'good things come to those who wait'. However, there are other variables in play as well, so Horniness doesn't tell the entire story.

But nonetheless, we are having a serious discussion right now about the meaning of the various Friend and Horny stats going forward, as well as a few other flag variables. Obviously, Christine is more resistant to some things due to the 'familial' relationship with Uncle, so she'd need higher thresholds along those lines, but nonetheless point logic is very much on our minds at the moment.

Personally, I'm not a believer in 'absolutes' though, although the team may have a 'chart' in the background that lets the writing team know generally when certain activities might be on the table for a given relationship. Life is fluid, and while various endgames are on our minds, how the story gets there may not be as 'rigid' as people may be accustomed to seeing in other games. This is primarily a visual novel, so the story should finally make some sense once it reaches it's conclusion, even if some things may not be as clear now.

Also, it's a balancing act. T4bbo is committed to one update every month, so you may see the stories 'leapfrogging' between updates, an example of which being why Silver's storyline seems to have advanced a lot while Robert's individual storyline didn't progress much in 0.0.8 (although Jess and Robert share a 'general path'). And of course, not all characters made appearances in this update, but that doesn't mean we have forgotten about them...

Anyways, back to work!

p.s. the 0.0.8 walkthrough is now available for Patrons, as well as the updated 0.0.8 version. Of course, since I'm on the payroll now, I won't be sharing those here, but should someone else decide to share...

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Of course you do buddy, I mean what other game has 3 different varities of marmite just hanging in the wings?

I do think the game has potential, but still the problems I mentioned before.
Hight quality marmite in different shapes will make this world a better place \m/ I do agree with some issues you mention tho. But seeing how much of an improvement this update was in comparison to the previous one I think it's nothing that can't be changed in a future.
Eh, I just find that this definition just doesn't work at all when it comes to games. It can let a lot of devs off the hook by not tagging stuff that will seriously upset people. Christine might not be WITH the player, but she is clearly the main heroine of the game, and the goal of the game is ostensibly to get with her. You spend 90% of your time with her, and when we aren't following 'Mike' we're following her.

In games you are usually trying to get with one or more girls, with one of them at least being set up as the main object of your affection. It's different than say a manga where you can easily start off with the guy already dating the main girl. I mean, the NTR scenes in this game are set to flat out cause jealousy and rage in those so inclined to feel that way, or pop wood on those who like that shit. (Or both for some people)
This definition doesn't work when it comes to English games. Definition I mentioned is based on Japanese market. NTR is popular there but it's not like you will find it everywhere. But other males that can bang dateble females are a common thing that's not really consider as any form of fetish. It's just natural. Western mentality is different and so are our games. I know what you're saying and I agree but it's not like definition of something can be changed just to fit something else. I would tag such a thing as NTR if I was a dev but it's not NTR in original form. In fact I kinda struggle to fit real NTR into incest games. I've never seen such a thing in Japan and I think it's just doesn't work in that setting. But our "western NTR" can induce similiar feelings as real (tho much softer imo) and should be tagged. Or if dev wishes to not tag any fetish it's fine as well for me.

i get an error while massage the niece

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That has been fixed in newest Patreon version but it's not leaked here yet. Just click ignore and you will miss like 2 sentences

Reactions: LOL32
3.90 star(s) 183 Votes