Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Because the dev create double entry for each scene 1 for the game and 1 for the gallery with questions removed.
It had multiple declaration which is totally unnecessary and slow down the game. Check the size of the script.rpy, which about more than 2 MB...
Sure, the gallery could have been handled differently, but it's not like it takes more than 5 minutes to copy-paste and edit out the conditionals for any one of the gallery scenes. And the file size is big because it's all in one script. For the most part that makes it easier to find your way to a new label/scene. I don't see how a single 2MB script is harder to manage than five ~400KB scripts.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Had misfortune of reading some of the comments about latest update and I gotta disagree with most of them. I actually found it appealing that Lara finally starts to admit she likes the boss or rather what he does to her. I guess if people initially fell in love with the "oh i hate that we do this, this is disgusting" they may feel disappointed, but to think it would be majority or at least loud minority was surprising. Anyways, my only critique would be that this update seemed to have quite a number of animations that we could do without. Not because they look bad, but it takes away from update release date and I'm sure many would rather get faster updates with beautiful still renders, than long awaited updates with lots of animations.

P.S. Lara being shared with neighbor - kinky couple play. Lara sleeping with the boss - just a career move. I am waiting when Lara will take a stray cock that does not help her in any way or is the wish of her husband, a cock purely for fun. True mark of a slut, respectfully... :)
I want to see her get bent over by the pizza boy, pool boy, cable guy, mail man & of course the plumber :ROFLMAO:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Sure, the gallery could have been handled differently, but it's not like it takes more than 5 minutes to copy-paste and edit out the conditionals for any one of the gallery scenes.
Usually better to just check: if not _in_replay:. This way, you can use the same script without worrying about making mistakes with copy-pasta crap.

And the file size is big because it's all in one script. For the most part that makes it easier to find your way to a new label/scene. I don't see how a single 2MB script is harder to manage than five ~400KB scripts.
It can become unwieldly having everything in one giant script. Having properly named .rpy files that breaks down events/scenes can be advantageous and the more organized approach can make it easier to find/fix issues.

The size of the file, itself, doesn't matter in terms of Ren'Py's performance, since Ren'Py loads all .rpy files once you open the game, however.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
Sure, the gallery could have been handled differently, but it's not like it takes more than 5 minutes to copy-paste and edit out the conditionals for any one of the gallery scenes. And the file size is big because it's all in one script. For the most part that makes it easier to find your way to a new label/scene. I don't see how a single 2MB script is harder to manage than five ~400KB scripts.
There is no need to do this. You just have to check if you are _in_replay and modify the script accordingly.
Handling such a large file can become very difficult to maintain with identical names.
Time will tell us, if I have raison.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Usually better to just check: if not _in_replay:. This way, you can use the same script without worrying about making mistakes with copy-pasta crap.

It can become unwieldly having everything in one giant script. Having properly named .rpy files that breaks down events/scenes can be advantageous and the more organized approach can make it easier to find/fix issues.

The size of the file, itself, doesn't matter in terms of Ren'Py's performance, since Ren'Py loads all .rpy files once you open the game, however.
There is no need to do this. You just have to check if you are _in_replay and modify the script accordingly.
Handling such a large file can become very difficult to maintain with identical names.
Time will tell us, if I have raison.
Absolutely, there could be some improvements to the code, and believe me, I understand duplicating "code" is undesirable and bad practice in a professional production setting. My copy-paste rebuttal isn't a defense of the practice, but a suggestion that's it's not such an insurmountable problem to cause the dev to drop the game.
In a sandbox game or other non-linear VN, it definitely makes sense to separate events into scripts by character or location. But this game is linear with little branching. I've been all over it, and had no trouble finding or making sense of anything here. The most complicated part of the code is the damn sex mini-game with Laura in the hotel, which is similar to minigames in Babysitter.
The Babysitter script was twice the size, all in one file, with multiple path branches, and was still completed. Unlike that script, Babysitters' script is far from being unwieldy. Certainly, nothing suggests Babysitters' script is too difficult to manage as joelurmel cited as the foundation for his belief that T4bbo was likely to abandon the project.
Again, I'm not saying keeping everything in one file is the right way to go or suggesting it's not disadvantageous. I'm saying that indie VN devs can make it work without much effort on their part. There are plenty of projects that carry on for years, some even to completion, with horrendous script organization or lack thereof. Unprofessional coding practices in these games aren't evidence that the project is facing abandonment.

I asked the question to see if there'd been any indication from T4bbo about difficulties with the game. It doesn't sound like there is any, just wild speculation.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

_Berto_

Feb 17, 2018
Not sure if it's just me, but I'm finding that there's many paths for the wife which might be slowing down development for other characters. I personally don't mind her being a whore with Tony but where's Jessica, Jane, Erica and the Psychiatrist? Really lacking any direction where they fit into this story? And a dream/imagination sequence happened with Erica last update, now we have one with the MC thinking of Angel? Let's hope that's enough build up for these characters to either make an actual move to push the story forward.

Also, I see the posts about unprofessional/messy coding and it made me think. I recommend to the dev to make consistent development posts if you want more support or maintain support. I can understand all the paths becoming unweildy. There are a few devs I support with a lot more community engagement and weekly dev progress updates with similar or longer release cycles. I stick with them because I know there is progress and when it inevitably happens, reasoning behind delays.

JamesM81

Aug 14, 2022
It would be nice if there's less of dream sequences and more of real world scenes.
Yeah T4bbo's teaser with Angelica previous to the release fooled me into thinking we would actually have content with her. Thankfully I've learned my lesson and now always read the changelog and some spoiler posts here to know what I'm getting into. I 100% would have been PISSED if I had subbed this month just to download an update that has almost nothing I like.

Reactions: Nirvana96

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
At first I was annoyed that there was unavoidable sleep molestation but then it turned out to just be a dream so the whole thing was pointless anyway.

Not sure if it's just me, but I'm finding that there's many paths for the wife which might be slowing down development for other characters. I personally don't mind her being a whore with Tony but where's Jessica, Jane, Erica and the Psychiatrist?
I appreciate the content with Lara (don't play her cheating path) and don't really care that much for Erica, but I'll grant you that given the title of the game one wouldn't expect the MC's wife to be the primary love/sex interest.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
I appreciate the content with Lara (don't play her cheating path) and don't really care that much for Erica, but I'll grant you that given the title of the game one wouldn't expect the MC's wife to be the primary love/sex interest.
I'm playing the faithful cuckquean exhibitionist and finding the game very rewarding. The thing with Lara and the other girls, whether T4bbo planned it or not, is that a character with such a strong presence tends to take over the story. Erica just isn't there yet, neither Angelica for that matter. And even considering I usually prefer young women in these stories, I'm fiding the older ladies like Wick and Miranda much more interesting, just to share a thought...

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
At first I was annoyed that there was unavoidable sleep molestation but then it turned out to just be a dream so the whole thing was pointless anyway.

I just hope he can tell Angelica about his dirty anal sex dream with her and how much she orgasmed and squirted in it, so she can say well old timer maybe I can make that dream can come true someday.
Also I can see Dr wick hearing him tell her about this dream in therapy next session and she will start getting turned on and fidgety in her chair and maybe she will try to seduce mc, starting with the “Sharon Stone” flash from “Basic Instinct” :love:

IMG_1899.gif

• Red Heart
Reactions: Alexbt and Vleder

Manshino

Sep 19, 2019
How to get double blowjob during photo shoot?
Let Sasha handle it... Ignore her. Focus on Jessica. Lie to her. Let her continue. Otherwise I'll handle that... Be reasonable. Check her out. Focus on Jane. Lie to her. Let her continue.

Reactions: FKorus

T4bbo

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2017
I want to see her get bent over by the pizza boy, pool boy, cable guy, mail man & of course the plumber :ROFLMAO:
Plumber on the waaay.... :D

Ok, there have been lot of comments here lately that I wanna react to...
1.) Comments regarding double entries for the gallery and messy code... I don't know where you're coming from but I have lot of people (50+) thanking me for making such "easy to read code". Because of my game (Babysitter and Babysitters) there are literally hundreds of guys started with their own game. I don't even encrypt my files, everything accessible. One big file is big advantage for me, if you work with Visual Studio Code with renpy plugin using all available shortcuts I'm literally 10x faster maintaining it than if you have code in 10 different files, but might be personal preference... during development with storywriter scripts are actually divided for each particular scene but before release everything is put together for better/faster maintenance in future.

But worst of all is making assumptions on bullshit statements about the messy code that game will be abandoned... that is absolute trash talk. I agree there can be really better/faster way to automate gallery creation... so please do it, for sure I'm going to pay you if you save my time. Also file size whether it's one big file or 10 smaller files with same size, doesn't matter in terms of Ren'Py's performance that is a big lie.

2.) Comments regarding Lara taking over the game... it's valid point... I fully agree with that, even tough I like her storylines variability I personally don't like it either that she's getting so much air time overshawoding other girls right now and story progression. But that is going to change next update pretty dramatically where Erica + Angelica and story progression is most important.

3.) Lara being a total bitch, no value in her... one page long NTR hate feedback... "Here we go again!"... that one star feedback with lot of likes is actually tribute to the game showing people care for this game so much and want less NTR and more romance. Become a patron and vote for that don't whine "one vote doesn't change anything". I personally don't like cheating and I don't like creepy Tony either, but I get so many requests and votes for him so I do it. It's also OPTIONAL... you don't have to play that route. By your own choices you make Lara a cheating bitch with no value, but remember in eyes of lot of players she is irresistible hot bitch because of that.

4.) Lack of Harem even if there is tag for it... what the actual f... what is cuckqueaning experience with Lara and different girls without any NTR against MC? It's actual biggest realistic harem you can ever get in real life other than being Pharaon with lot of concubines or being absolute Gigachad or using status + fame to change super models like Leo Di Caprio.

Last edited:

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
T4bbo... Love the above comments ! I personally LOVE Laura! Hot Lady doing hot things. I love it that her husband is also there or involved. Anything with her in a sharing situation is Hot ! I would like to see here not cheat.... but that is as you mentioned a different path. Well done by the Way !!

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I personally don't like cheating and I don't like creepy Tony either, but I get so many requests and votes for him so I do it
I mean, listen to your patrons requests is great but i think in situations like this, where you have a prevalent side asking more and more content, is important to know draw a line about those requests so you don't overwhelm the game with just one type of content. It's importan do that even for you sake as a creator, imho, so you don't get the risk to burnout for work always the same content with the same characters. Be optional is the ideal always but when a path/type of content seems like take over all the spotlights (and i'm not saying this the case with your game currently) sometimes can make some players feel "punished" with less sex/lewd content for not take that specific optional route they don't like. I personaly like more when devs handle the ntr/non-ntr optional paths using the 1:1 ratio scene, meaning if you avoid the ntr lewd scene, you get a non-ntr lewd scene and vice-versa.

Just my 2 cents, i started playing yestardy and i'm already in love with the game (and with Lara). I'm all down for more romance MC/Lara and they doing more and more naughty things just the two of them. And I think if you really wanna make more of this type of content too (MC/Lara romance) you shouldn't feel repressed to make it because isn't what your patrons most request. Just do it alongside with the others routes. I think your patrons will understand.

4.30 star(s) 84 Votes