3.00 star(s) 6 Votes

ThePricelessBeam

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2023
I like those questions

First is sexual/romantic interactivity within the harem. I know some people don't like it when the girls get it on with each other, but personally I like it because I like knowing that the girls are getting along well. It adds more fun dynamics to play with.
First of all the story will boil down to every girl wanting to get mc "to herself". That'll be in the next update. Then girls who are closest to each other, and later different combinations when everyone is used to gangbang.

Second is pregnancy content. The idea of raising a family with the girls is pretty nice. Probably more fit for late game, but something to consider.
The endings I've plus-minus already considered, but I'm still thinking about details. One thing's for sure, though, there will be a pregnancy. I just don't want to do a "Cum inside" kind of thing. I want mc to decide what he wants in the end, so that it will be a separate event or a line of events where he will think it over. Or something like that.

JohnnyDog

Dec 26, 2017
Got an error when entering the free roam

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('house/mc_room_door_idle.png') at 0x0000000005d4c430>:
  File "game/movement.rpy", line 38, in script
    call screen mc_room_interact
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
OSError: Couldn't find file 'house/mc_room_door_idle.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3345, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3579, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4172, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2779, in draw_screen
    surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 886, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 886, in render
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 731, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 944, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1336, in render
    surf = render(child,
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 676, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 330, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 803, in load
    raise e
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 757, in load
    filelike = renpy.loader.load(self.filename, directory="images")
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 833, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Back to the Roots 0.2a
Thu Aug 31 18:54:59 2023

Skargaroth

Oct 19, 2020
Unfortunately I've gotten an error too but at a different line

edit: also can't leave the players bedroom at all if ignored

Code:

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('map/guide_icons.png') at 0x0000000005be7250>:
  File "game/before_free_mode.rpy", line 185, in script
    "Using map, in top right corner, you can move through different locations. To check girl's status and tips you need to click on the notepad."
OSError: Couldn't find file 'map/guide_icons.png'.

Full traceback:
    "Using map, in top right corner, you can move through different locations. To check girl's status and tips you need to click on the notepad."
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 930, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1473, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1352, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1003, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\character.py", line 693, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3579, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4172, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2779, in draw_screen
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 886, in render
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 886, in render
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 731, in render
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 909, in render
    return RenderTransform(self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 979, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 404, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 676, in render
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 330, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 803, in load
    raise e
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 757, in load
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 833, in load

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Back to the Roots 0.2a
Thu Aug 31 23:08:29 2023

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
First of all the story will boil down to every girl wanting to get mc "to herself". That'll be in the next update. Then girls who are closest to each other, and later different combinations when everyone is used to gangbang.
will the girl on girl and gangbangs be avoidable or forced

Oct 10, 2019
I like those questions

The endings I've plus-minus already considered, but I'm still thinking about details. One thing's for sure, though, there will be a pregnancy. I just don't want to do a "Cum inside" kind of thing. I want mc to decide what he wants in the end, so that it will be a separate event or a line of events where he will think it over. Or something like that.
another thing that people are usually worried about is the precence of other males and any sexual interactions involving them, personal opinion may vary but to many the precence of sexual interactions with men other than MC are considred as a certain very bad tag even if they technically do not fit the definition, me included, that is admittedly an extreme stance but even those that have a less heavy view of the topic usually do not appreciate that kind of content, the worlds "gangbang" and "voyeurism" are also problematic, a gangbang is usually multiple males on one female, it is understandable to get confused if english is not your first language, especially since, to my knowledge, there is no proper term for an equivalent made of multiple girls and one guy, except the various FFM and such used to signify the number and sex of participants, it is very rare to see gangbang used to describe this but I have seen it, voyeurism is more of a general plague on all of these kind of games since, from that point oh view, there is no difference between watching a girl masturbate and watching her get fucked, they both count as voyeurism tag wise, the second one however will turn off many people, so then in the end my personal question would boil down to, is the MC the only one having sex with the girls?

the girls having fun with each other does not really matter, as long as it happens after the harem has formed, specifically outside of the harem does, also if there are plans for other guys being shown having sex with unrelated girls, which is usually seen as meaningless at best by harem romance fans and as disgusting at worst, the possibility to avoid these would lessen the impact on the players but some people consider even the possibility of certain things happening to taint the game, so it would be also useful to know, if they exist, if they are avoidable, someone else already explained the difference between avoidable and skippable, I particularly appreciated your answer to that, accessibility does good for a game, up to a point, In the end my comment here is for the sake of clarity, hopefully it will help both the dev and other people to get a clearer idea of the contents of the game, regardless of your answer dev I respect the kind of effort that is necessary to make a game, even if our tastes and opinions where to not allign, so good luck in your endeavours, sorry for the wall of text

KingAinz

May 24, 2018
Unfortunately I've gotten an error too but at a different line

edit: also can't leave the players bedroom at all if ignored

Code:

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('map/guide_icons.png') at 0x0000000005be7250>:

Full traceback:
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 930, in execute
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1473, in say
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1352, in __call__
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1003, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\character.py", line 693, in display_say
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3579, in interact
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4172, in interact_core
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2779, in draw_screen
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 731, in render
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 909, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 979, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 404, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 676, in render
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 330, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 803, in load
    raise e
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 757, in load
  File "F:\- ADULT GAMES -\Back to the roots\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 833, in load

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Back to the Roots 0.2a
Thu Aug 31 23:08:29 2023
Put this file in to your /game folder and it should be fixed .I had the same problem and you can put the file down below in there as well . You should be able to move then.

KingAinz

May 24, 2018
Got an error when entering the free roam

Code:

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('house/mc_room_door_idle.png') at 0x0000000005d4c430>:

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3345, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3579, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4172, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2779, in draw_screen
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 731, in render
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 944, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1336, in render
    surf = render(child,
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 676, in render
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 330, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 803, in load
    raise e
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 757, in load
  File "C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\Games\BacktotheRoots-0.2a-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 833, in load

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Back to the Roots 0.2a
Thu Aug 31 18:54:59 2023
Had that problem as well but fixed it ,just put this file into your /game folder

ProxyOne21

Sep 1, 2022
```

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('map/guide_icons.png') at 0x7f7be9faa250>:

Full traceback:
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 930, in execute
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/exports.py", line 1473, in say
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 1352, in __call__
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 1003, in do_display
display_say(who,
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 693, in display_say
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3579, in interact
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 4172, in interact_core
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2779, in draw_screen
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 886, in render
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 886, in render
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 731, in render
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/transform.py", line 909, in render
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 676, in render
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 330, in get
surf = image.load()
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 803, in load
raise e
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 757, in load
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 833, in load

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Back to the Roots 0.2a
Thu Aug 31 19:06:13 2023
```

KingAinz

May 24, 2018
Put this file in to your /game folder and it should be fixed I had the same problem
```

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('map/guide_icons.png') at 0x7f7be9faa250>:

Full traceback:
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 930, in execute
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/exports.py", line 1473, in say
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 1352, in __call__
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 1003, in do_display
display_say(who,
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 693, in display_say
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3579, in interact
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 4172, in interact_core
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2779, in draw_screen
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 731, in render
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/transform.py", line 909, in render
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 676, in render
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 330, in get
surf = image.load()
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 803, in load
raise e
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 757, in load
File "/private/var/folders/c2/ns49r02d7k51pggm95w0lj400000gp/T/AppTranslocation/08ABCDF9-6F51-4443-A2D4-233E0278EDCC/d/BacktotheRoots.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 833, in load

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Back to the Roots 0.2a
Thu Aug 31 19:06:13 2023
```
will be fixed with the two files above

ThePricelessBeam

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for letting me know. For some reason I didn't update the links with the final version of the update, should be fine now. At least I tested the PC version.

is there a anti cheat in these game i cant edit my save with out it bringing up a pop up
Only embedded from renpy. If you need to change the value use console.

Tutorial - Ren'Py - Enabling Developer & Command Consoles In Ren'py | F95zone

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
For a dating sim this game is off to a bad start. You can only speak to everyone at damn evening and it takes all damn evening to talk to a single person? WTF crappy game event timing is this? It's total crap!

Story: 1/5 (so super rich list data and suddenly no money? There should be some money still in bank) Story sucks. Been better just to have it your starting out to make your fortune would of been a better story.
Art: 4/5 decent animation and sound
UI: Garbage trying to navigate own home sucks just put buttons to rooms.
Events: 1/5 (starting with speak to girls in evening and you can only speak to one is not a good start.)
Game Play: 1/5 Missing skip time. House feels unused nobody ever in any of the other rooms just watching TV or that.

It's really off to a bad start basic dating sim functionality is totally missing. At this time I call it an unplayable UI.

ThePricelessBeam

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2023
Thank you for the honest review

For a dating sim this game is off to a bad start. You can only speak to everyone at damn evening and it takes all damn evening to talk to a single person? WTF crappy game event timing is this? It's total crap!
I generally agree, skip time after the first three conversations is pretty useless. I'll consider it.

Story: 1/5 (so super rich list data and suddenly no money? There should be some money still in bank) Story sucks. Been better just to have it your starting out to make your fortune would of been a better story.
There will be a line in a future or subsequent update about why hes completely at zero. But adding a few hundred or thousand is not a bad option. I just wanted to emphasize the urgent need to think about earning money. Will consider that as well.

UI: Garbage trying to navigate own home sucks just put buttons to rooms.
Debatable. I changed twice how the character will move in the building and came to the current version. The only thing I would change in the future is that the clickable objects were more different from the usual. And maybe small redesing, to make it prettier?.

Game Play: 1/5 Missing skip time. House feels unused nobody ever in any of the other rooms just watching TV or that.
Skip time is present, using your bed, and will be added with PC update as well. About the empty house, I agree. Most likely the next update will be empty the same way, but I want to add that the characters do their own thing and you can interact with them somehow. But it definitely won't be stats grind or anything like that. Most likely regular talk or small repeatable event. And maximum one time get love/lust.

Rameron

Jul 20, 2018
I really like this game, the story is enough original, the girls are look great and it's really interesting to play. I'm feel comfortable play in English because of my knowledges, but it'll be cool to see Ukrainian language in the game. It suprised me to see it in the poll and with more than hundred votes. Hello for all countrymans! I will look forward to the update! And sincere thanks to the developer for creating so quality, in my opinion, product.

Reactions: ThePricelessBeam

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Back to the Roots [v0.3] [The Priceless Beam] Compressed

PC (344MB) -

Mac (350MB) -

If you like the game support the dev.

Last edited:

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
BackToTheRoots-0.3
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.

We're doing a funding run! !​

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes