edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Meh, I'm not a patron but people should just do what they want. It is their own money.
Certo... Desde que isso não prejudique ninguém...

# I agree with you. What people do with their own money is nobody's business. However, when you see people being fooled to spend money, stranding the game progression as much as possible (milking), you've got to say something...

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Meh, I'm not a patron but people should just do what they want. It is their own money.

# I agree with you. What people do with their own money is nobody's business. However, when you see people being fooled to spend money, stranding the game progression as much as possible (milking), you've got to say something...
It's pretty clear the only thing that cauees Rainces to actually put out an update these days is threats to their money. People are free to do with their money as they wish, but they need to be aware that if they actually want an update, the best way to do that is *not* to support Rainces until that next update comes out, and let him know. Reward him for producing updates, and not for doing nothing. Doing nothing is easy, so if he gets the same or at least reasonable income from that, history shows he's not going to do any work.

Reactions: jokersama

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

stop supporting anymore
It's pretty clear the only thing that cauees Rainces to actually put out an update these days is threats to their money. People are free to do with their money as they wish, but they need to be aware that if they actually want an update, the best way to do that is *not* to support Rainces until that next update comes out, and let him know. Reward him for producing updates, and not for doing nothing. Doing nothing is easy, so if he gets the same or at least reasonable income from that, history shows he's not going to do any work.
And you really think here — on a pirating site — is where you'll reach his supporters and cause a hit to his earnings? I'm sure the percentage of his patrons coming from here is astronomical. Also, I have some amazing farmland for you in the heart of the Amazon jungle: only $1 million!

That same type of thing has been posted over and over throughout this thread. It doesn't seem to have done any good, and it gets tiresome to see a bump to a thread that's just "this developer is garbage". I don't care about that; anyone who's been around for more than 5 minutes on this site realizes RAinces' lack of work ethic. He's not changing, and complaints here don't do any good.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
And you really think here — on a pirating site — is where you'll reach his supporters and cause a hit to his earnings? I'm sure the percentage of his patrons coming from here is astronomical. Also, I have some amazing farmland for you in the heart of the Amazon jungle: only $1 million!

That same type of thing has been posted over and over throughout this thread. It doesn't seem to have done any good, and it gets tiresome to see a bump to a thread that's just "this developer is garbage". I don't care about that; anyone who's been around for more than 5 minutes on this site realizes RAinces' lack of work ethic. He's not changing, and complaints here don't do any good.
1) Such discussion wouldn't be allowed on his Discord or Patreon. I'm pretty confident it would be deleted.

2) To get access to either, I'd have to support him, which runs counter to the plan of not giving him any more money for nothing.

3) Many people that support creators on Patreon come here to discuss the games. Where do you think we find out about these games in the first place? Tv commercials? Flyers slipped under our doors? No, most people learn about the games from this site, and then decide to support the game based on whether they like it or not. The creators are often the ones to post about the games here first to get the word out. So this place makes as much sense as any other. In fact, it's the only place. There are other pirate places for games like this, but I don't think they have forums.

4) Talking about people supporting or not supporting the game financially or what can be done to help ensure there's another update seems very much on topic, versus posts like yours just complaining about what people are posting about. The idea of financially supporting Rainces has been talked about a lot, but there's still some hope more people might listen, and there's the occasional person that somehow thinks the answer to more updates is to pay Rainces even more money to do nothing. Until Rainces actually puts out an update, if they ever do, stuff like this is really the only thing to talk about, and if people actually listened would help that next update become a reality.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
1) Such discussion wouldn't be allowed on his Discord or Patreon. I'm pretty confident it would be deleted.

2) To get access to either, I'd have to support him, which runs counter to the plan of not giving him any more money for nothing.

3) Many people that support creators on Patreon come here to discuss the games. Where do you think we find out about these games in the first place? Tv commercials? Flyers slipped under our doors? No, most people learn about the games from this site, and then decide to support the game based on whether they like it or not. The creators are often the ones to post about the games here first to get the word out. So this place makes as much sense as any other. In fact, it's the only place. There are other pirate places for games like this, but I don't think they have forums.

4) Talking about people supporting or not supporting the game financially or what can be done to help ensure there's another update seems very much on topic, versus posts like yours just complaining about what people are posting about. The idea of financially supporting Rainces has been talked about a lot, but there's still some hope more people might listen, and there's the occasional person that somehow thinks the answer to more updates is to pay Rainces even more money to do nothing. Until Rainces actually puts out an update, if they ever do, stuff like this is really the only thing to talk about, and if people actually listened would help that next update become a reality.
Agree to disagree. I also love that you address my complaint . . . by complaining about my complaint. :FacePalm:

mass effect

Feb 26, 2022
Програмист от средно ниво взима 2500 евро мислите ли, че разработчикът разчита само на спонсори

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Програмист от средно ниво взима 2500 евро мислите ли, че разработчикът разчита само на спонсори
raw trans : "A programmer from an average field charging 2500 euros, do you think that the developer is counting himself on sponsorship"

Isso não interessa... Se promete tem que cumprir

# I believe you're right but that's not the point. He keeps luring people to support him but he doesn't deliver. He should step up or drop it. But as long as he manages to milk it, nothing will change.

Last edited:

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018

Conversa da treta...

# This is not a piracy site. It's a forum where devs can present their work and get feedback from potential/actual supporters. Supporters are not buyers... RAInces used this forum to promote himself. No hit on his earnings. If anything, a boost he still takes advantage of (milking), after five years of little work.

But I agree, he won't change. It's pointless aiming at him. But people still supporting this kind of misconduct may come to their senses... And that would be great.

Reactions: jokersama

Shammy hiroda

Sep 29, 2021
raw trans : "A programmer from an average field charging 2500 euros, do you think that the developer is counting himself on sponsorship"

Isso não interessa... Se promete tem que cumprir

# I believe you're right but that's not the point. He keeps luring people to support him but he doesn't deliver. He should step up or drop it. But as long as he manages to milk it, nothing will change.
Yes you are right,he even posted his new updates on his youtube channel inorder to probably milk some more patreons and he knows fans are dying to see his new update.

Reactions: edgaia and Chaosguy

PimbyBoink

Apr 20, 2019
So, there has been 8 months since the last update. It had some 1400 renders.
If Rainces were to launch a new update now, with a similar amount of renders, would it still be called milking or would it be an above average dev speed? I'm just curious about what you think, no judgment.

PS: Remember to include in these 8 months, some break time after last release, time for creating the story, time for writing all the dialogues and time for coding. It would also be interesting to round up some 20-30 games and come up with an average of renders after 8 months of work for comparison.

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
So, there has been 8 months since the last update. It had some 1400 renders.
If Rainces were to launch a new update now, with a similar amount of renders, would it still be called milking or would it be an above average dev speed? I'm just curious about what you think, no judgment.

PS: Remember to include in these 8 months, some break time after last release, time for creating the story, time for writing all the dialogues and time for coding. It would also be interesting to round up some 20-30 games and come up with an average of renders after 8 months of work for comparison.
Mas está-se a falar de algo novo? Ele sempre usou esta tática... (a maioria dos renders não são novos e outros já estavam feitos mas não usados ). O problema não são os 8 meses (concordo contigo). São as promessas e não cumprir.

# The problem is not the 8 months' time between updates. That would be fine as long as it was consistent and with enough content. I agree. Not optimal but fine. But he doesn't deliver in such timeframes anyway...

The problem is that he keeps teasing people with release dates and timeframes everytime he needs a Patreon income boost and when he eventually releases, many of those times it comes close to nothing ( some old renders from old teasers and no game progression).

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy the game with all its flaws. But his behaviour I cannot put up with. His purpose is quite clear. Yes it's milking, quite explicitely, as opposed to his work (no sex).

Last edited:
3.10 star(s) 98 Votes