giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Yeah, there is some confusion about it, it's just a "demo" for the upcoming update, and there is no guarantee that the next update to v1.1 full release will carry over saves, or if it will be a "chapter 2", or another "Season" type thing.

If it's built into the current v1.0 (the demo shows last time on so very well might not be), should be 4GB-5GB.
There is something I don't understand, why the developer made the dream scene of the boy fucking the mother and yet the game doesn't have much mother content.

Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
There is something I don't understand, why the developer made the dream scene of the boy fucking the mother and yet the game doesn't have much mother content.
Your guess is as good as mine (or anyone else's for that matter) if you mean for the demo? I'm guessing the demo is proof of life type thing, to show, "yes, we are working on the game, this is just a teaser of what we have planned".

There was another comment saying each update will be a specific path for each character, will these updates come out? Will they stick to the plan? No clue.

I'm just going by what is posted here, and what was posted on Patreon, only time will tell :coffee:

Reactions: giqui

xirbeus

Aug 13, 2017
i think we should give him a chance. If I remember right, he was very green at first and learning the ropes. Then covid was hurting everyone. Yes, he restarted over and over. But some of those was render updates because he started to get better, and the early renders wasn't that good. The story was also moving slow, but if the demo is sign that he is going to progress the story faster, then hell yeah. Break them and move the story faster. No more starting over. If you can stay with it and actually finish this story people will trust him. If he disappears again for long time or doesn't follow thru, then no one will support you or trust him again. Past few years we lost alot of developers, so if he is back and trying lets see what he can do. just my two cents

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
"Outrageous" is a massive exaggeration and an actual outrageous display of self entitlement on your part. RAinces made $413 last month and that's BEFORE everyone took their cut. That's a pitiful, insignificant amount of money, dangerously close to working for nothing, something VERY few can afford. I'm OK with him doing whatever it takes to survive and avoid completely killing this project. When he'll make $5000 I'm willing to reconsider but not before (Note: His max income ever was $1500 with an average of ~$800).

RAinces does NOT owe anything to anyone and least of all to freeloaders. Anyone dropping a coin his way is a gentleman and a scholar and should be fully aware of the sum total that gets collected every month because that amount is clearly not enough to ask full-on commitment from anyone so expectations should be tuned away from certainties.
The problem with takes like this is it ignores the economics of how most daz games are made.

The cost is almost all frontloaded - you need the gpu and a sufficient library of assets. And for sure, that's a non-trivial cost. However, once that cost is sunk, the capital cost going forward is extremely low, it's a bit of electricity and almost all labor - low labor at that.

I feel like most people defending devs haven't played around in daz themselves. It's 90% having a beefy computer and a large model/poses/environments/clothing library, and maybe 10% skills which develop over time (better posing, better camera framing, better lighting techniques, better writing). That's not to say the initial investment along with better directorial skills aren't commendable, they are - but once that initial investment is done it's extremely easy to crank out image after image.

In a nutshell, I'm saying you should be far more sympathetic to devs struggling to get off the ground - who havent had the capital for a full "buy-in", and far less sympathetic to those who have their setup and rest on their laurels.

rozwielitka

Jul 23, 2017
After all those years he created "a demo". Either he runs out of money or he noticed that Zip has 2 times as many supporters.

Just ignore this sht. As i remember today should be available new version of the dark path.

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
The problem with takes like this is it ignores the economics of how most daz games are made.

The cost is almost all frontloaded - you need the gpu and a sufficient library of assets. And for sure, that's a non-trivial cost. However, once that cost is sunk, the capital cost going forward is extremely low, it's a bit of electricity and almost all labor - low labor at that.

I feel like most people defending devs haven't played around in daz themselves. It's 90% having a beefy computer and a large model/poses/environments/clothing library, and maybe 10% skills which develop over time (better posing, better camera framing, better lighting techniques, better writing). That's not to say the initial investment along with better directorial skills aren't commendable, they are - but once that initial investment is done it's extremely easy to crank out image after image.

In a nutshell, I'm saying you should be far more sympathetic to devs struggling to get off the ground - who haven't had the capital for a full "buy-in", and far less sympathetic to those who have their setup and rest on their laurels.
[RAinces] has not 1 or 2 but 3 failed endeavors, classified as failed simply due to them being incomplete and left in developmental limbo. And yet he [RAinces] is still using using the same scamming methodology to get funds.

As for investment, hardware usage anyone can buy a $150-$300 used enterprise server from ebay and this would suffice for the data interpretation needs. Those that use high end gaming hardware are doing it wrong at a higher cost of both inefficacy in production of content and the electricity used to produced said content.
As for software side of things there are so many different variations of 3d software, free and non-free alternatives that do the exact same things it just comes down to user comfort in the software chosen and, or, if you would be willing to pirate software.

Sympathy should be afforded for those who are innocence and first time mistakes not repeat offenders.

This sums up nicely his goals for this update...

update "i need money"! Enjoy...
This update is simple a rehash there is no real content, you are better playing 1.00 te far less bugs and more actually playable content.
Yes there bugs, lots of them not even worth playing in current state.
With no (statement - patch notes) of old saves being usable with or without bugs.
I'd start new save (as I did) and the exception error rate went down per "event".
Switched back and ran old saves, then even previous "events" done error-ed.
So I wouldn't trust the non-demo version when (if ever) released being save friendly compatibly to this demo version.
This update is a cash grab. Basically attempted to state relevancy and to garner subs in crowdfunding sites.

This is worth repeating, as he is still using the same tactics as before (blah some promises, blah I am going to change trust me -sub count rises-, no content ever gets distributed). I have little trust in his word (as he never keeps it) and even less in his promises (of content) as it is never released.

I'd wager my families farm he would make more on only fans with the amount of titillation he does with "his content".

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
O problema nunca foi o pc ou o tempo que demora a desenvolver o jogo. Foi uma questão de escolha pessoal. Mas se decidiu voltar e com material muito bom, qual é o problema?

# The problem with RAInces was never:

- the crappy pc or DAZ assets (he earned enough money to buy several state of the art pcs and build a huge DAZ library),
- rendering and coding skills ( he'd started off quite well for a "newbie" so... )
- personal problems (everybody has them and can't afford to spend years getting over them)
- any other lame excuse

* It was a personal choice
For some reason (too much bashing, milking it to exhaustion, whatever... it doesn't matter), he decided to halt its development after milking it for too long, vanishing without a word, leaving people hanging. His fans were frustrated and angry about his less than honest approach.

* He wants to give it another shot
He decided to start afresh, this time for real (?). He knows it'll be hard to get his fans trust back, but he's doing it right, step by step, bringing exciting new content and open communication.

Can people be skeptical about his return? Sure, who wouldn't...

Is he allowed to redeem himself? why not...?! Give him a chance, I say. He hasn't come empty handed...

* Will the game finally get on track (long overdue) or will it end up being another one of many RAInces' empty promises?
Nobody knows, probably not even RAInces... But let's root for the best. We can always get back to the harsh bashing later on if he fails us again.

Last edited:

rainces

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Guys I just want to clear up some questions on this update:
1. It's not a remake! It has about 1000 new renders with new content! I've decided to call this update a "demo" just to emphasize that this is a small part of the big update that I'm working on.
2. The old save will not work and will crush the game! You don't need your old saves, it will jump into the new content after the prologue. (Don't worry, the old save will work with the full update tho).
3. This update ends up after this scene: bobroomlizaposter 140.jpg raincespost.jpg

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
O problema nunca foi o pc ou o tempo que demora a desenvolver o jogo. Foi uma questão de escolha pessoal. Mas se decidiu voltar e com material muito bom, qual é o problema?

# The problem with RAInces was never:

- the crappy pc or DAZ assets (he earned enough money to buy several state of the art pcs and build a huge DAZ library),
- rendering and coding skills ( he's started off quite well for a "newbie" so... )
- personal problems (everybody has them and can't afford to spend years getting over them)
- any other lame excuse

* It was personal choice
For some reason (too much bashing, milking it to exhaustion, whatever... it doesn't matter), he decided to halt its development after milking it for too long. His fans were frustrated and angry about his approach and they surely had grounds for that.

* He wants to give it another shot
He decided to start afresh, this time for real (?). He knows it'll be hard to get his fans trust back, but he's doing it right, step by step, bringing exciting new content and open communication.

Can people be skeptical about his return? Sure, who wouldn't...

Is he allowed to redeem himself? why not...?! Let's give him a chance. He hasn't come empty handed...

* Will the game finally get on track (long overdue) or will it end up being another one of many RAInces' empty promises?
Nobody knows, probably not even RAInces... But I believe we could only benefit by giving him the benefit of the doubt. We can always get back to the harsh bashing later on if he fails us again.
I don't understand why some are fussing here about their big "investments" in one or the other. Let's be honest here, in the worst case you waste your time (and maybe also the space on a computer or where you put the game...). If you "invested" in Patreon or SS, it would be something, but here you get a version and try to play... If you were a patron, you could really facepalm (even if some people are here to make scenes out of it) for something...

Reactions: edgaia

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
1. It's not a remake! It has about 1000 new renders with new content! I've decided to call this update a "demo" just to emphasize that this is a small part of the big update that I'm working on.
2. The old save will not work and will crush the game! You don't need your old saves, it will jump into the new content after the prologue. (Don't worry, the old save will work with the full update tho).
3. This update ends up after this scene: View attachment 2836013 View attachment 2836014
Aposta na Lucy, forte...

# Hey RAInces, keep up the awesome work. I've enjoyed your demo so much. Plz give us more Lucy... A lot more Lucy (and Julia)... Then Ann. Try to bring Evelyn and Vicki back too. They were so good. I'm not a fan of your new Jenny but I believe you can make her work with the right subtle tweaks (skin, shading, shaping...). Keep going, it's looking good (y)

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
He lives!! And it...is....ALLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Glad to see a glimmer of life back into this project. This is by far my favorite of the (very numerous) Big Brother games. Am glad its not totally abandoned. Thank you, Rainces for coming back. And for continuing to work on this game.

jake91

Oct 8, 2017
As much hate as people have for the creator the only reason any of us even chat in this thread is because we like the game and want it to succeed. Ive supported the game in the past obviously i unsubscribed due to the lack of updates. but i hope we actually get somewhere this time. i won't be supporting until i see some consistency but i will gladly keep on eye out for this game.

Reactions: edgaia

Macaronietree

Feb 5, 2022
3. This update ends up after this scene: View attachment 2836013 View attachment 2836014
Are we going to wait another month or are you going to release the full update this month? Just asking though so people will be prepared if anything doesn't go well on your plan. The demo is great but i think it should be released this month rather than waiting again for a whole year.

Reactions: Sōsuke Aizen
3.10 star(s) 98 Votes