Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Exactly, same for me with Daz. Most of my render take less than an hour to render, but then there are other like most of the "home" scenes with a lot of visible geometry and light sources, that can take ages to render.
The more complex a scene, the more time it needs to render.
Hmm, I wouldn't have thought those were all that complex compared to the exterior scenes. In Blender I would be looking at other things to try to speed up those renders. I don't know how applicable these are to Daz though.
  • HDR backgrounds are slow, if it isn't visible in a shot because the camera is facing away from the window, replacing the HDR with a flat background colour or better yet an area light over the window might speed things up.
  • If an HDR background is going to be visible, placing a portal just outside the window reduces noise, if Daz has those.
  • The trees outside the kitchen window seem like excellent candidates for billboarding, being fairly complex and far from the camera.
Sorry if this sounds condescending at all, I don't mean to I just want to help if I can.

Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hmm, I wouldn't have thought those were all that complex compared to the exterior scenes. In Blender I would be looking at other things to try to speed up those renders. I don't know how applicable these are to Daz though.
  • HDR backgrounds are slow, if it isn't visible in a shot because the camera is facing away from the window, replacing the HDR with a flat background colour or better yet an area light over the window might speed things up.
  • If an HDR background is going to be visible, placing a portal just outside the window reduces noise, if Daz has those.
  • The trees outside the kitchen window seem like excellent candidates for billboarding, being fairly complex and far from the camera.
Sorry if this sounds condescending at all, I don't mean to I just want to help if I can.
All good, but Daz works a bit different^^
I'm using HDRI for almost all my shots, they're fast and give better light than most other light sources, no need for portals at all.
I avoid doing shots like in the kitchen with the fully visible exterior in general most of the time, and if I have to make such a shot, I render it fully once to get the full spectrum of light and shadow, and then use the sport render for every additional scene/render.
I've started iray rendering with an AMD, so I' quite good and know a lot at reducing rendertime in iray^^
The biggest problem is that iray is demanding when it comes to hardware, no NVidia card? Forget it, not enough VRam? Forget it, not enough cuda core? Have fun waiting for the render to finish...
And yet, I'm quite sure that I'm able to render faster (in iray) than many other people with better hardware.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Get yourself a MONSTER AND BE DONE WITH IT! Hyabusa was gone round the block and could not be
made a photo of :cool:

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Is there any way to change the text size or font? Having an awful time reading it both with and without the text box.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
All good, but Daz works a bit different^^
I'm using HDRI for almost all my shots, they're fast and give better light than most other light sources, no need for portals at all.
Are you sure about that? Knowing how path-tracers work, I find it very hard to believe that HDRI lighting for an interior shot is a good idea without using portals, which a quick google tells me Daz definitely has (point light, change geometry to rectangle, check 'Light Portal' option).

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
crashes after the start of melissa sex scene
Wrong game ;)

Is there any way to change the text size or font? Having an awful time reading it both with and without the text box.
On pc press "A"

Are you sure about that? Knowing how path-tracers work, I find it very hard to believe that HDRI lighting for an interior shot is a good idea without using portals, which a quick google tells me Daz definitely has (point light, change geometry to rectangle, check 'Light Portal' option).
You misunderstood me there, yes, Daz has light portals, but what I meant is that I use HDRI's for exterior light, in interior shots, I'm not using HDRI's to light interior shots (with very few exeptions). If I'd do that, I would need years to finish an update^^

Oct 4, 2019
I agree this was weird but somehow endearing :3
Endearing and closer to home than you thought it seems. :LUL: To be honest, I thought it referred to the Vikings TV series or the recent anime I didn't watch.
I truly respect your opinion (y)
View attachment 535344 :LOL:
WHAT ?????????? I know we must have every taste in the world and all, but WHAT ????
It seems I have ventured deep into uncharted LewdThe3DLolisLand on this expedition. The natives' customs must be documented for further analysis for sure, with great danger for my own life if it must be. :WutFace:

Sadly for you underdeveloped bodies and ditto/broken minds don't do it for me. :confused: I also don't like her face that much anyway.

Rarely have disagreements on the web been this funny. Nice gif. :D

First of all: thx for taking the time to write this down, really apprechiated :)

Choices: at first I didn't want to include many choices, and I never intended to make scenes avoidable, that's why there arent many choices at the beginning, the choices that where there from the beginning (like, do you want to help with the breakfast, knock on the door or go in without knocking) influence a hidden point system, so they aren't fake choices ;)
A lot of people wanted more choices, so I added more of them with every update, and also made some scene and characters avoidable (Jada was the first, Hanna and Steph are avoidable from the the beginning, and Katherine with the latest update).

MC reactions towards Rachel: I posted this answer to a similar post a few pages back:

"Abuse is something you don't forget or forgive easily."
(now I just remembered this song)

Ellie: She and Rachel are the main protags, the whole story is build around them. Rejecting Ellie makes not only the whole story fall apart, but it also would have a big impact on Ellie and I don't even want to imagine what it would do to her "fragile" mind.

I see, the right people came to answer to the right post, but you should have mentioned that it's a reference to vinland :ROFLMAO:

Anyway thx Why Am I Even Here? Always love to get some unbiased and constructive feedback from players :)
No problem, thanks for making the game and for it being available here. :BootyTime: I'm not sure I'm unbiassed if that's even possible when addressing things of this nature, but I'm trying to be helpful at least.

I see my theory on there being future consequences was correct then. Oh my, I hope being chivalrous was the correct option. :LUL: Because it felt right, but oddly out of place when I witnessed what a savage MC can be.

To get back to what I intended by mentioning choices and overreacting, personally I would have been less rude to Katherine. I understand that there's a huge history with Rachel. But still, I imagine a path where you're more of a pussy (or just nice) toward Katherine and as a consequence, you don't get any, because apparently she's that messed up. :4Head::KEK:

I see someone grew up with Korn, I also knew the nu metal scene back then.
Well, I have no problem with shattering Ellie's dreams - having good intentions doesn't necessarily force one to approve of sexual actions, but I respect your focus on her. If you keep throwing a good Katherine, Hanna and Rachel bone, then I'll certainly be interested and I'll press control to go through the rest. :BootyTime: Keep up the good work and thanks for your kind reply.

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes