Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I did (with optimization) exterior render with 3 to 9 people
Three to nine people?! How?? Are you using Gen 3's?

If I load more than three people into a scene, my GPU crashes every time. And I've got two 2080's (Well, still only 8GB).

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Three to nine people?! How?? Are you using Gen 3's?

If I load more than three people into a scene, my GPU crashes every time. And I've got two 2080's (Well, still only 8GB).
I'm using 90% g3, g8 only occasionally, sometimes even g2 if I need some background chars. Remember the coffee scene? I used several g2 here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Or the school scene, which I made the day when I got the 1070:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
^This one actually took just about 20 minutes (but it looks shitty compared to my newer render though).
There's even one g8 in it iirc.
Jada and Ellie both are g3.

Oh geeze......I got 2 950's, but the aren't SLI.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
SLI is bad for rendering anyway, Daz will use both cards independently for rendering without SLI.

Reactions: Lockheart

VonHelton

Feb 13, 2020
I'm using 90% g3, g8 only occasionally, sometimes even g2 if I need some background chars. Remember the coffee scene? I used several g2 here:

Or the school scene, which I made the day when I got the 1070:

^This one actually took just about 20 minutes (but it looks shitty compared to my newer render though).
There's even one g8 in it iirc.
Jada and Ellie both are g3.
Ahhhh........So that's why the restaurants & bars are always empty!

:oops:

Low polys in the back (I assume G2's) Medium polys in the middle of the shot (G3's) & high polys in the forefront (G8's). Would that allow for more people in the bar/rest??

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Ahhhh........So that's why the restaurants & bars are always empty!

:oops:

Low polys in the back (I assume G2's) Medium polys in the middle of the shot (G3's) & high polys in the forefront (G8's). Would that allow for more people in the bar/rest??

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
In general you're right, but as I said, I'm barely using g8, the difference to g3 is so little that it's just not worth the extra load on the hardware imo.

A lot of people don't know about it, but genesis 8 is basically g3 with addons, they are so similar that they (Daz) implemented artifical incompabilites like the standard pose to get more out of their "next gen" products.
Use the same texture and shader on g8 and g3 and you won't see any difference ;)

VonHelton

Feb 13, 2020
In general you're right, but as I said, I'm barely using g8, the difference to g3 is so little that it's just not worth the extra load on the hardware imo.

A lot of people don't know about it, but genesis 8 is basically g3 with addons, they are so similar that they (Daz) implemented artifical incompabilites like the standard pose to get more out of their "next gen" products.
Use the same texture and shader on g8 and g3 and you won't see any difference ;)
Sounds like the G8 is extra polys & extra aggravation!

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Sounds like the G8 is extra polys & extra aggravation!

It has a few more bones to make expressions look better/more realistic, but honestly, they still look like crap most of the time, at least if you use custom characters. Don't get me wrong, g8 is better than g3, it's just not "next-gen" better, it should have been a simple addon for g3, but they went for the money instead.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
recreation
In what instance do you use G8 models?
That's actually a bit random. When I want to start with a specific look, but don't have any g3 that resembles that look, or sometimes I just scroll through all the characters I and pick one randomly, but that's just when I don't intend to use the character for big scenes, or when I just want to test some stuff where I need a character.
In BM Katherine is the only g8.

Reactions: Dalonbrent

VonHelton

Feb 13, 2020
It has a few more bones to make expressions look better/more realistic, but honestly, they still look like crap most of the time, at least if you use custom characters. Don't get me wrong, g8 is better than g3, it's just not "next-gen" better, it should have been a simple addon for g3, but they went for the money instead.
Speaking of expressions.......Some of the smiles these girls make........Well, they creep me out. I think they're gonna grab a butcher knife & stab me with it or something. Something that the G8's are trying to fix, I assume?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Speaking of expressions.......Some of the smiles these girls make........Well, they creep me out. I think they're gonna grab a butcher knife & stab me with it or something. Something that the G8's are trying to fix, I assume?

Exactly.

Reactions: Dalonbrent

kanekidom

Apr 22, 2019
Game renders look very good, an engaging story that makes you actually want to read it n not just look for a sex scene; definitely a game to keep up to date with.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Just finished the current release and... wow. Quality is amazing, i love the writing and the attention to detail. Thank you recreation for sharing this with us, I love it.
Amen to that ; great game so far and very likable characters (including the perv-er the MC *cough*)
Many thanks and bravos for the game. I'll be waiting intently :D

• Love

vafon

Feb 21, 2020
recreation
The girl to the far right in the header looks super hot in that outfit! Would be totally sweet if you (as male MC) got to "play" with her in it! But none of that half/full-undressing before the action, please... Always so sad in videos/games with hot outfits when they undress first, what's the point of the outfit then :) Cowgirl and/or Doggy with only crotch exposed would be my favorite! Or her donning a strap-on and tag-teaming another girl with you!

Best regards & good luck with your project!

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes