recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
btw I had a look at the walkthrough mod, the only thing it does is that it shows when a variable changes, it doesn't tell you anything about the variable itself, neither if it's good or bad, so it doesn't really help.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
I highlighted the best choices to get the best outcomes, which is what was, and usually is what players request for walkthrough mods, but if people want to see the points for each decision i certainly can change it for the next update. Also please direct any questions or requests to my mod thread.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I highlighted the best choices to get the best outcomes, which is what was, and usually is what players request for walkthrough mods, but if people want to see the points for each decision i certainly can change it for the next update.
My personal wish for all walkthrough mods is to see the points... I want to know if my decision locks a path or not, if it positively or negatively impacts a character and who (if rejecting Jada causes Ellie to resent the MC for a hypothetical example), and, not in this game, I want to be able to choose one character to romance without screwing up the relationship by fucking everything that moves.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
My personal wish for all walkthrough mods is to see the points... I want to know if my decision locks a path or not, if it positively or negatively impacts a character and who (if rejecting Jada causes Ellie to resent the MC for a hypothetical example), and, not in this game, I want to be able to choose one character to romance without screwing up the relationship by fucking everything that moves.
That is my personal preference as well. As I said the mod was requested, and I made it as per the requests. I personally don't think the game needed one, but I try to fill each request when I can.

Reactions: MrFriendly

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I highlighted the best choices to get the best outcomes, which is what was, and usually is what players request for walkthrough mods, but if people want to see the points for each decision i certainly can change it for the next update. Also please direct any questions or requests to my mod thread.
See that's the problem, I had this discussion already with the other walkthrough, BM isn't like "you need to score points to progress that specific char or the story", getting points isn't even necessary at all, I use the points more or less to determine what the player likes; to change some scenes and character behavior accordingly.
There are some specific points in the game where you decide if you want to go on with a character, but they're not dependant on the points.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
See that's the problem, I had this discussion already with the other walkthrough, BM isn't like "you need to score points to progress that specific char or the story", getting points isn't even necessary at all, I use the points more or less to determine what the player likes; to change some scenes and character behavior accordingly.
There are some specific points in the game where you decide if you want to go on with a character, but they're not dependant on the points.
Yeah, I don't really feel Bad Memories needs a walkthrough. I know that Shaddy did it as a request, whoever requested it was misguided ;). BM is a game that is more being told a story, we are already being guided through the narrative. Not that there aren't choices but that the overall story has certain plot elements that need to be in it (I am really not a fan of the groping of the "therapist" part but that's because of my issues) and we, as players, can take it or leave it. This isn't a game that is going to need a 50 step walkthrough to get ending A with plot twist Z, that's not what you are creating. My comment was more in reference to games I've played where if you miss one step that screws up everything.

I hope nothing I said makes it sound like I don't value this game?

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes