indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
really?? after 1\ year only 30 minuts of gameplay? how is it possible? DAMN I WAS APSECTIN A LOT MORE...I'M REALLY DISAPPoined..last update finished nearly when i went with hanna on a date.. now after rachel love scene it ends..there is something i'm missing??

DisturbedMan

Feb 5, 2018
What built in update system? The only thing I know about is the itch integration.
I mean this system here:

It will let people download fixes and changes without redownloading the entire thing. You can add this in the Screens.rpy as I did here:

Code:
# screen main_menu():

# # This ensures that any other menu screen is replaced.
    # tag menu

# # The background of the main menu.
    # window:
        # style "mm_root"

# # The main menu buttons.
    # frame:
        # # style_group "None"
        # style_group "mm"
        # xalign .5
        # yalign .66

# has vbox

# textbutton _("Start Game") action ShowMenu("Start_Game")
        # textbutton _("Load Game") action ShowMenu("Load_Game")
        # textbutton _("Scene Gallery") action ShowMenu("Game_Gallery")
        # textbutton _("Preferences") action ShowMenu("Options_Menu")
        # textbutton _("Check for Updates") action updater.Update("http://examplewebsite.com/gameupdates/updates.json") # This is where the updates are stored.
        # textbutton _("Quit") action Quit(confirm=True)
And you have to add this line to your Options.rpy to enable this:
Code:
    ## Adding the updater
    build.include_update = True ## Enables online download of updates. FALSE means it won't be added to the build even if and won't work.

build.classify('**~', None)
    build.classify('**.bak', None)
    build.classify('**/.**', None)
    build.classify('**/#**', None)
    build.classify('**/thumbs.db', None)
For more info check here:

I hope this is somewhat helpful :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: recreation

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Well, that was disappointing, 8 month wait to have more Katey story to be cock blocked and blue balled, and then a tiny update to boot, how not to give people what they want, and then just boom right to fucking Rachel with no logic at all, and now to wait until next year for an update.
View attachment 1846224
While I'm also a very big fan of goldfingered lady, I trust rec with the story :) Just bear with it man, bear with it :)

Reactions: Fun Shaundi

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
If not for the fact it is pretty much 1 update a year at this point I would.
You can't rush quality.
And well, while I'll agree that the updates are on the short side, with a long update cycle, they're beautiful, the story is very far from the usual shit we see.
It's one of the very few well worth the wait in my opinion, but I can also totally understand people loosing interest with a long update cycle, can't please everybody :)

My best advice, is to do what I do with such games, just wait several updates, then play those in one go. While it won't fix the waiting time in anyway, it'll stop you from thinking about it that much at least :)

4.40 star(s) 199 Votes