Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ah, sorry, I read a lot of posts before I answered, you're correct.
But for people who didn't play the game for the first time with 0.8, it would probably be easier to just load a pre-0.8 save.
Sincerely agree... but I'm getting tired of addressing it on a case by case basis. I can remove the post and we can go back to that though. I just got tired and decided to give instructions for those particular folks since people are touchy about loading an older save than the one they are "having an issue with".

100% your call though, whichever way offers both you and I less grief...with or without v0.8.0 correction. I'm fine with whichever way you prefer. Toss a coin and let me know... I'll remove the post in an instant if that's the decision.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Sincerely agree... but I'm getting tired of addressing it on a case by case basis. I can remove the post and we can go back to that though. I just got tired and decided to give instructions for those particular folks since people are touchy about loading an older save that the one they are "having an issue with". It's the same old song and dance tbh.

Your call, whichever way give both you and I less grief...with or without v0.8.0 correction. I'm fine with whichever way you prefer.
It's fine to have both options. Maybe mention that people who played previously can just load an older save in 0.8.1 in your post as well, so we can just link to one post with both possibilities/solutions.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's fine to have both options. Maybe mention that people who played previously can just load an older save in 0.8.1 in your post as well, so we can just link to one post with both possibilities/solutions.
Maybe I should abolish it... I can tell this isn't sitting well with you and I fully understand why. Hell, I might be causing more problems from folks who can't follow instructions exactly which is always a concern. Maybe I should zap it... I'll grab tonight's first adult refreshment. PM me a quick note if I'm on the right track with the post zap. I'm down for less complication tbh.

Edit: recreation Executive decision made, I zapped it. Can always do another if deemed appropriate.

Last edited:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Maybe I should abolish it... I can tell this isn't sitting well with you and I fully understand why. Hell, I might be causing more problems from folks who can't follow instructions exactly which is always a concern. Maybe I should zap it... I'll grab tonight's first adult refreshment. PM me a quick note if I'm on the right track with the post zap. I'm down for less complication tbh.

Edit: recreation Executive decision made, I zapped it. Can always do another if deemed appropriate.
I don't mind either way, but maybe you're right, and it's causing more confusion than necessary.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know why or when, but the rpyc's for 0.8 are different from the previous releases, that's what caused the big save issue.
Honestly I thought you'd be pretty damned impressed I figured out what was done and your final remedy (you kind of kept that to yourself bud)... since I was first under the impression you thought that 5billion rollbacks was the key :ROFLMAO:. BS aside the save pointer was altered in "Beta" and carried over to v0.8.0... somewhere in there. I analyzed the pointers in v0.7.5, v0.8.0, and v0.8.1 to finally figure out WTF was going on with folks having issues that were constantly PM'ing me. So, I "think" you might have built the testing version (aka "Beta") without bringing the rpyc's over and only the rpy's... this would force the SDK to create fresh rpyc's with new pointers. This is my best forensic guess fwiw.

Reactions: denen

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Honestly I thought you'd be pretty damned impressed I figured out what was done and your final remedy (you kind of kept that to yourself bud)... since I was first under the impression you thought that 5billion rollbacks was the key :ROFLMAO:. BS aside the save pointer was altered in "Beta" and carried over to v0.8.0... somewhere in there. I analyzed the pointers in v0.7.5, v0.8.0, and v0.8.1 to finally figure out WTF was going on with folks having issues that were constantly PM'ing me. So, I "think" you might have built the testing version (aka "Beta") without bringing the rpyc's over and only the rpy's... this would force the SDK to create fresh rpyc's with new pointers. This is my best forensic guess fwiw.
I think however it happened, it happened during my moving. I'm still working with a backup while having the original files in my old place, and it can still take months until I get all my stuff here.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think however it happened, it happened during my moving. I'm still working with a backup while having the original files in my old place, and it can still take months until I get all my stuff here.
Understood bud. Take care of you and yours first and foremost... you know this but but must say that many proper folk have your back.

• Red Heart
Reactions: recreation

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Man, been replaying the game from the start again and I just about died laughing at the toilet paper part... almost forgot about that. Then again at the scene with Jada in the bathroom and the cupboards stuffed with toilet paper and stacks of it all over... oh man that was funny... :ROFLMAO:

d9_j_bathroom15.jpg

Last edited:

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
10 minutes is a bit far fetched, if you only follow a single route or two, then you're cutting content for yourself. Play all routes if you want more content.
Was going to say something along these lines. The update was around 20 minutes for me... but I also deliberately cut off certain branches via my choices so I know there's almost certainly content I'm not seeing (and it doesn't help that I tend to speed-read, so I go through dialogue faster than most people).

That'll always be the problem with games that allow for player choice, though - if an update has like five new scenes, but player choices mean someone's only going to see one of those scenes, it can feel like a really short update for players even when it really isn't. There really isn't anything a dev can do about that other than focus on one path each update to the exclusion of the others (but when dev's do that people complain about updates being "worthless" if their preferred path isn't the one being updated, so it's kind of no-win).

But I'd vastly prefer "short" updates as a thing rather than just sticking to linear kinetic novels where you get 100% of the content every update but have literally no say in the story. Choice is good, multiple options and paths are good - but there's always a price to be paid (in development time, effort, and how much an individual player gets out of any given update).

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
yes ..so i just followed sancho kind advice ...loaded my last old save,went to the first choice scene , rolled back - saved- installed mod again and ta daaaa now save load with mod isntalled...even if it trow me back some time...but i now can complete the small update (as usual)..a pity that all this shanigan for a 10 minuts gameplay, after so many month of waiting...:rolleyes::cry:
well i had to start from from september 2021 save.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI folks, if it hasn't been clear by now:

If not replaying from the start (a new game) via v0.8.1 then it's recommended to load saves from v0.7.5 or prior only, NOT v0.8.0

This will be your highest odds of success running v0.8.1 either unmodded or modded. Forget about v0.8.0 and/or "Beta" saves, just delete them so you don't get confused/upset later.

If you have issues loading saves made pre-v0.8.0 modded (via SanchoMod) then simply re-DL the mod (it had a maintenance update yesterday afternoon) and reinstall over your existing mod installation. That should get you done as the dev and I are now back to 1:1 save/load pointer correlation.

Regards.

Reactions: darlic

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
FYI folks, if it hasn't been clear by now:

If not replaying from the start (a new game) via v0.8.1 then it's recommended to load saves from v0.7.5 or prior only, NOT v0.8.0

This will be your highest odds of success running v0.8.1 either unmodded or modded. Forget about v0.8.0 and/or "Beta" saves, just delete them so you don't get confused/upset later.

If you have issues loading saves made pre-v0.8.0 modded (via SanchoMod) then simply re-DL the mod (it had a maintenance update yesterday afternoon) and reinstall over your existing mod installation. That should get you done as the dev and I are now back to 1:1 save/load pointer correlation.

Regards.
For the record, I had to start over from scratch when I launched v0.8.0. I did not have a bunch of saves, I typically don't with this type of game. There just doesn't seem to be a reason.

I did make multiple saves while running through. I updated to v0.8.1 most of the way through, and the last save didn't work. I was able to get the previous day's save to work though. Unfortunately, I no longer know which day it was. Everything was fine for the rest of the game.

I don't use the mod, so it was just the game itself.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
For the record, I had to start over from scratch when I launched v0.8.0. I did not have a bunch of saves, I typically don't with this type of game. There just doesn't seem to be a reason.

I did make multiple saves while running through. I updated to v0.8.1 most of the way through, and the last save didn't work. I was able to get the previous day's save to work though. Unfortunately, I no longer know which day it was. Everything was fine for the rest of the game.

I don't use the mod, so it was just the game itself.
The previous day was day 11, which was from 0.7+, not from 0.8, so I guess you got lucky.
Well, except if you count the day after the last dream, which does exist, since mc wakes up, but doesn't trigger a "new day" in game yet.

V o i d

Jul 12, 2020
mind asking, it has new content as of the beta version ? I downloaded it and it ended at the same part as the beta

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes