SlimeDroid

Feb 27, 2018
Ngl the Ellie menu after starting up the first time got me on my late night playthrough.

Ellie's catgirl was really cute and a nice throwback to when MC mentioned it!

Will there be any domination stuff for the psych lady? Like rope or bondage?

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Omg, not only super-cute red-haired girl, but also asian hot chick! Now anyone - please say that dev have ~monthly releases on schedule as I really want to give him a few bucks :giggle:

Oh, also a slender brunette (I have utterly deviant kink for a slender/sportive girls with less-then-average tits :p)... I'm always ready to shout "@#$% and take my money!" ^_^

Reactions: Namco15

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
who's Asian?...noone's Asian..rec just cant draw is all ;) "Forrest Gump run's from the thread....."

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Omg, not only super-cute red-haired girl, but also asian hot chick! Now anyone - please say that dev have ~monthly releases on schedule as I really want to give him a few bucks :giggle:

Oh, also a slender brunette (I have utterly deviant kink for a slender/sportive girls with less-then-average tits :p)... I'm always ready to shout "@#$% and take my money!" ^_^
BM is a relatively game, "just" started in april so there is not much to go on yet.
We so far had 3 major updates.
Sadly the update schedule is not monthly but 'when it's done™'.
Nevertheless that sometimes is a boon and not a drawback as the dev does not rush things half done for the sake of having an update.
I'd like to see more speedy updates but i fear that would tremendously hinder the quality.

Reactions: Namco15 and Demiare

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
BM is a relatively game, "just" started in april so there is not much to go on yet.
Thank you! So it's ~ release per two months. This is bad for me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, but in same time dev have 2$ pledge (so it would be ~equal to standard 5 bucks per month) hmm need to think a lot.
I would like to thank you again for fast & precise answer! (y)

• Angry
Reactions: Carpe Stultus

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Nevertheless that sometimes is a boon and not a drawback as the dev does not rush things half done for the sake of having an update.
I'd like to see more speedy updates but i fear that would tremendously hinder the quality.
Thank you! So it's ~ release per two months. This is bad for me
, but in same time dev have 2$ pledge (so it would be ~equal to standard 5 bucks per month) hmm need to think a lot.
I would like to thank you again for fast & precise answer! (y)
It's a bit of everthing tbh. Most of the "big" players have teams with a writer, an artist, a coder and what not. Personally I think too many cooks spoil the broth. I have my testers (and I'm really thankfull for their work, suggestions and help), but I prefer to do my own thing when it comes to story and rendering.

For me releasing monthly would mean I'd have to reduce not only the quality, but also the amount of content. I tried it with the first two updates, but I wasn't able to deliver much due to RL, my day job and being picky af when it comes to my render. I don't like to reduce quality to spare some time.
Also I'm a gamer, and I hate to see half baked, unfinished updates and/or buggy releases. It's true that you can't see everything before a release, no matter how much testing has happened before (that much I know by now), but I prefer to take my time testing everything thoroughly and deliver good quality content that's not over after 5 minutes playtime.

and yes, Jada is meant to look asian ;)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Thank you! So it's ~ release per two months.
No, release is when it's done.

Could be a month, could be 2 month or it could be 5 month.

Reccy is a busy lil bee and this is a part time gig.

Not going to slam you for your opinion but want to point out 2 things...

The big devs do give advice to other devs, one of those points of advice is to NEVER do monthly releases. It burns you out and that's why so many games get abandoned.

These are amateur devs with full time jobs and families. Trying to fit in dev work which eats a lot of time kills motivation. It very nearly killed Personal Trainer until Philly told Domiek to drop monthly releases and take his time.

Last point is Patreon and other crowd funding sources are donations. You use them to support the dev not to buy a product.

Think of it like more of a tip jar.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Will there be any domination stuff for the psych lady? Like rope or bondage?
All you do with her is domination. Bondage and domination are not the same thing. Personally, I think that what we have with her so far is some of the better domination I've seen in games.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
The big devs do give advice to other devs, one of those points of advice is to NEVER do monthly releases.
Lol. Most common huge mistake in game development that we can see in adult games here is daily structure. This is a cause of many issues (some days became overfilled with content and devs unable to finish them in time) & unnatural stories (look in any book/story - almost all of them never have Day1,Day2,... structure). Such structure is made for a company with pre-written scenario not for "free devs".

It very nearly killed Personal Trainer until Philly told Domiek to drop monthly releases and take his time.
So you're saying that if you're training and unable to run a distance in time - you should abandon timer and walk slowly? :) Yean, it's most easy "solution", but in such way you will learn nothing. Instead you should pick ANOTHER timer, one that really close to your current capabilities and try for it.

If artist unable to keep chosen pace - he should rethink his pace and not give up and relax. Use event-based game structure with some fillers & elements of RPG and plan to do realistic (for you) amount of events. Planning & understanding your own capabilities are a very good skill that will help a lot in your life & main work too. Plus if you're using something finished like Ren'Py engine than it's really easy to determine how much time you will need for one or another scene as you will never (almost) run into issues with surprisingly difficult task (that common in pure coding or other works).

Yes, I'm speaking about road that lead from amateur to professional, while that Philly advice were one that will keep your skills on hobby level.

No, you can pick something other then monthly release plan :). But as dev you should stick to chosen plan - monthly, once per two months and so on if you want to progress as dev.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So full of horse shit.

These are amateur devs not your work force, they go at whatever pace they decide not you.

Backing them isn't you employing them it's you saying "I like your work, here have money" and that'[s it, you are owed less than dick.

Such an entitled arse and I hate using the word entitled but how fucking dare you dictate someones life. What a prick.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Such an entitled arse and I hate using the word entitled but how fucking dare you dictate someones life. What a prick.
:FacePalm:
All I'd said that if you're want to advance as developer - you should put yourself into harsh environment (aka release schendule - EVEN if it will NOT be monthly!). And if you don't it's fine too, but you will remain amateur in skills.

If you disagree with this - then you're evading reality and I really hate fairies living into fairy world or persons that unable to read whole post before commenting. So yean, "what a prick" and it's completely describe you (too - if you want it).

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Lol. Most common huge mistake in game development that we can see in adult games here is daily structure. This is a cause of many issues (some days became overfilled with content and devs unable to finish them in time) & unnatural stories (look in any book/story - almost all of them never have Day1,Day2,... structure). Such structure is made for a company with pre-written scenario not for "free devs".

So you're saying that if you're training and unable to run a distance in time - you should abandon timer and walk slowly? :) Yean, it's most easy "solution", but in such way you will learn nothing. Instead you should pick ANOTHER timer, one that really close to your current capabilities and try for it.

If artist unable to keep chosen pace - he should rethink his pace and not give up and relax. Use event-based game structure with some fillers & elements of RPG and plan to do realistic (for you) amount of events. Planning & understanding your own capabilities are a very good skill that will help a lot in your life & main work too. Plus if you're using something finished like Ren'Py engine than it's really easy to determine how much time you will need for one or another scene as you will never (almost) run into issues with surprisingly difficult task (that common in pure coding or other works).

Yes, I'm speaking about road that lead from amateur to professional, while that Philly advice were one that will keep your skills on hobby level.

No, you can pick something other then monthly release plan :). But as dev you should stick to chosen plan - monthly, once per two months and so on if you want to progress as dev.
Developing an adult game is something I, and many other devs do as a hobby, for fun, and not to make a living. We put a lot of time and effort into the whole thing even without it being our job and while having a RL job. With that comes the problem that you simply can't predict everything, you can't plan everything, you can't always take the time you need or want.
Especially if you work alone, there is a lot you can't foresee.
This might be different if you have a team where others can jump in, or if you do it as your main job where you can make your own specific working times.
There is a reason so many dev's give up. One reason might be that people simply misjudge how much work it actually is, but as a dev there is always a lot of pressure on your shoulders, even without a sheduled release, it's always there and this can easily burn you out.

Talking about professional developing, many (almost every) of the big game studios delay their game releases several times because they simply can't make it in time, and still, nowadays many tripple A games are released bug filled, and unfinished.
If that's "professional", I'd happily stay away from it.

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes